• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 db_sampson

db_sampson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Howdy guys, need a bit of a hand identifying a problem I've been having..

The car is a gen 2 legacy tt swapped liberty.. What's happening is that occassionly it seems like I'm getting no boost from the secondary turbo, it seems entirely random sometimes it'll be brilliant others it'll be terrible and can go from good to bad and back again in a single trip, still has VoD, just no extra pull after it..

If I was to make an uneducated guess I'd be leaning toward an issue with the exhaust valve for the secondary playing up and probably not opening up the way it should..

Not sure what to start testing in the system (or even how) as I still know bugger all about these things..

So any suggestions, ideas or guides would help me a ton and be appreciated a lot, cheers..

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

I'm thinking you might have a sticky solenoid for your ECV.... or one of the Vac lines to the ECV has a leak.

It could be one of many things.... SPV, DPS, IACV.

Are you getting a check engine light?

Start by checking the plug on the bottom of the DPS is plugged in properly then move on to inspecting & pressure testing vac lines.....

ONE AT A TIME!!!!     so they don't get mixed up.

#3 db_sampson

db_sampson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

No check engine light or anything like, would kind of prefer if it did show one so it might be easier to chase down.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll get on to trying it out, all those vac lines are intimidating as hell though.

#4 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

No check engine light or anything like, would kind of prefer if it did show one so it might be easier to chase down.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll get on to trying it out, all those vac lines are intimidating as hell though.

I had a similar problem and replacing the vac lines fixed mine and it is easy to do just do one at a time and take them off slowly :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users