acjies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions.

I have a 2007 Impreza Rv 2.0l sohc
I was wondering if anybody knows of a company that make weather shields for it as genuine are no longer available.

Tuning
Is it worth tuning a stock car and if so does anyone know of a good place for a tune.

And finally E85 is it worth running in a na car I've heard that it's cheaper to run, I'm not sure if this is true but I'm tempted to look into it.

An extra one
Rear sway bar on a wagon is it possible or will I need the whole rear frame from a sedan.

Thanks
Jack

#2 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

try rising sun Subaru for weatehr shields but from memory Genuine GD weather shields are rare as rocking horse shit. 

On a 2/2.5 N/A i wouldn't bother with any performance modifications bar a diffback muffler 2.25" max if you wanted a bit of noise.

Tuning wise you would be wasting your time imo tuning a 2/2.5 N/A not even sure if they can run E85 as i doubt there injectors would flow enough fuel. if they can you would definitely need a fuel pump upgrade.

Suspension and braking upgrades will be your best friends on an N/A sway bars, suspension bushes, coilovers/ struts and springs, rotors, pads, brake fluid. 

Hope that helps 

#3 acjies

acjies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

Thanks Mate

I was under the assumption that I would need bigger injectors for e85 I just didn't know if it would be worth it.

I'm already running a cat back exhaust 2.25"

And I'm slowly getting there with suspension and brake upgrades.

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

Unless you like big fuel bills and install costs, dont go E85. E85 uses more fuel for the same bang - the reason tuners use it is it is much better at preventing knock (which wont be an issue on a basically stock N/A). So in essence, where you might get 500km to a tank now, on E85 you will be lucky to get 350km/tank. Plus the costs associated with replacing almost every fuel system component to make it compatible with ethanol based fuels. (Most Subaru's arent even rated to use 5% ethanol)

Sorry for the bad news, unsure on your other questions.

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 acjies

acjies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

Yeah I have come to the conclusion it's not worth it i wasn't going for power I just wasn't sure if it was more fuel efficient.

Thanks for the reply

#6 acjies

acjies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have never put ethanol fuel in my car we get so many at work running like crop just from e10 but Subaru upper engine cleaner works a dream for removing the carbon that's built up in the cylinders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users