←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

GX conversion with a EJ25

buddylove's Photo buddylove 12 Apr 2009

Oh but it does my friend.
It has a long EJ257 with an Autronic running everything.

Vtec just kicked in.... Am i allowed to start a vtek syndicate?
Ill be the syndicate president..
tristan can be the b*tch.

hahahahahaha.. hai tristan!

Blaeven's Photo Blaeven 13 Apr 2009

Vtec just kicked in.... Am i allowed to start a vtek syndicate?
Ill be the syndicate president..
tristan can be the b*tch.

hahahahahaha.. hai tristan!

oh rhys...

you don't know vtak till you've been for a ride in my car... ;)

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 13 Apr 2009

EDIT:Posted Image
:)

Alex's Photo Alex 13 Apr 2009

oh rhys...

go on,

take it for a another drive.

alexGT's Photo alexGT 13 Apr 2009

oh rhys...

turbo waaaaaaay > any variable valve timing, there is no competition there.

Blaeven's Photo Blaeven 13 Apr 2009

turbo waaaaaaay > any variable valve timing, there is no competition there.

i know...

i'll never deny that

Wrx33j's Photo Wrx33j 23 Apr 2009

yea stopp with all the honda shit i hate honda haha um but yea i am now get a inport ej25 gen3 gearbox for my liberty and am think of geting stage 2 cam for my just to start with to get a lil bit more out of my lib

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 23 Apr 2009

a gen3 rx 4.11 gearbox? are u getting rear diff aswell? how muchies? what brand of cams? where from? im fairly sure they dont exist for NA subys, but hey you never know

a gen3 rx 4.11 gearbox? are u getting rear diff aswell? how muchies?

what brand of cams? where from? im fairly sure they dont exist for NA subys, but hey you never know

yea 4.11 rx box and the diff it bout $1200 for the lot

i dont know the brand of cam .. from the guy who pot my gearbox in he try to get some for me but yea

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 23 Apr 2009

yea 4.11 rx box and the diff it bout $1200 for the lot

i dont know the brand of cam .. from the guy who pot my gearbox in he try to get some for me but yea

wait so you've got the gearbox in already or?

what web browser do you use?

wait so you've got the gearbox in already or?

what web browser do you use?

no not yet but it will be goin in soon :)

y you wanna know that ?
i ues Internet Explorer

93tzlegacy's Photo 93tzlegacy 09 May 2009

now that ive weeded my way through the 6 pages of 'ozlibertyness' , heres a few things to think about NO turbo subaru has AVLS they have AVCS..... sone have dual(inlet and exhaust , fitted to gen 4 series 1 GT 2 litre ) some have single (inlet only) also something to think about, if avls is soooooo good, why dont subaru still use it, it wont be in ANY my10 models, the only variation of this will be i-vvl on SOHC lib and forester ej25, avls was only ever really used on the ez30r, which has now been turfed, if it was such an amazing engine, dont you think subaru would have run it longer than the ej? even tribeca ez36 has very few common parts to the ez30r, also tristan, there are more reasons than the alvs that your engine is claimed to make an extra 30kw(at the flywheel by the way) than the ez30d, firstly, the heads are totally different, so will flow a lot lore air, they also run avcs, which will maximize efficiency, they have a completely different inlet to the 30d, which doesnt have variable length baffling, which will inclease flow, and shorter runners will make more peak power, now that all these facts have been presented, maybe chill out a bit, your car is well built ( Al built it ffs, ) but you cant use your car as a yard stick to measure everyone elses car against. ej25 into a gen 1: im sorry to be frank, but you WONT get 115kw atw from an ej25d, especially awd, and further more, i wouldnt be spending any money opening up the ej25d. the best thing you can do is make it handle well and stop, spend your hard earned cash on good quality suspension components. maybe a 4 pot / 2 pot wrx brake setup and if you can stretch it , some sticky rubber. all these improvements are p plater legal and when your off your p plates you can still take advantage of all of these mods, and fit a turbo driveline. you really are wasting your time with an ej25d. sorry mate . whart ever path you choose, best of luck. thanks , Ben.

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 10 May 2009

I came on here looking for information about a EJ25 into a Gen1 :|

nice little project you got going mate.

how much was the conversion?

running alright with the EJ22 ECU?

also, Blaeven's RX has come a long way!

H6 sounds amazing, quick for a NA as well

nice :)

Soop's Photo Soop 10 May 2009

You got all the information you needed. Don't bother... Also BFailin has a GX.

Alex's Photo Alex 10 May 2009

(need moar facepalm pics).

Times like this I was admin again.

Cammy. Read the post above yours. EJ25 into anything other than the factory fitment is a fail in your time/effort/wallet.

Wrx33j's Photo Wrx33j 10 May 2009

it was bout $3000 all up

and yea it run fine with the ej22 ecu

B4TT's Photo B4TT 10 May 2009

To those wanting to do an EJ25 into an EJ22 engine, I reccomend spending the money on drugs instead...... slightly better value and I garuantee youll see more results :D.

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 10 May 2009

We all own our own cars, we do our own things. he is a p-plater, we can't drive turbo cars. let's play nice!

Alex's Photo Alex 10 May 2009

We all own our own cars, we do our own things.

he is a p-plater, we can't drive turbo cars.

let's play nice!

wtf?

here we go again.

whinge whinge whinge

"i'm a p-plater.....*sobsobsob*"

seriously.

time to let go of mamma's teet.

1) EJ22 is a wicked motor. No need to upgrade to an EJ25 for marginal gain, for big bucks. (ie BANG FOR BUCK ratio is skewed. In ENGLISH....ITS NOT WORTH IT!!) Push it too hard, and you'll learn the fun and joys of
doing Head Gaskets on the EJ25D. Not fun. Not cheap. Stick with the EJ22. If you want moar powarrz. Be silly and "different" like Tristan and blow $15K + on a H6, or simply, and easily.....get a different car. Honda's are great for having good solid strong DOHC NA motors. I kid you not.

2) FFS READ TZ's post. CLICK HERE DUM DUMS!! Don't worry about motarrr powarrrz. Spend up on handling and braking. This was proven at the national RSLC in Canberra over a week ago meet to provide plenty of fun, and keep turbo cars honest on the skidpan and on twisties.

3) Respect your elder members. They've endured many a time stupid questions like yours. They irritate us. Why not try searching, before asking? You'd be suprised that we're not all here to play dirty as you poor liddle widdle innocent p-platers who are "hard done by", think.

4) Newbs need moar ph34r of 7eh b4n571ck.

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 10 May 2009

Just because paul doesnt drive a subaru doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about them, look on this forum more often then not paul is the one with the right anser. ..........................and then what ben said about suspension and brakes :)