• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 acres

acres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

Does anybody work with trucks or know somebody that deals in truck spare parts that could possibly help me out?

I need to replace the exhaust brake valve that is being utilised as the ECV as in the hybrid turbo thread. 

The last one I bought from the wreckers and it was basically stuffed to start with so I would like to buy a new unit. Generic would be fine.

Trouble is I don't actually know much info on the source of this valve. All I know is that it is off an Isuzu and most probably the NPR or NKR. Isuzu and other parts places aren't prepared to order anything in as they can't guarantee it is the correct unit without further information such as the engine model number, year/month of truck, VIN, etc.

They all just keep telling me to go back to a wreckers but I would rather not gamble on getting another inferior part.

Any information that anyone could provide would be extremely appreciated. For reference the valve is a 60mm butterfly and has 65mm bolt spacing across the square sides. The unit is 30mm deep.

I only require the butterfly itself as I don't need the vacuum chamber that these normally come with.

For reference it looks like this:

C145F336-915C-4BCE-B19E-B4A289F6CCDC-312

Appreciate it.

Aaron

#2 acres

acres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

Never mind. Found a guy down Sydney way who was more than helpful. He was happy to work with measurements and images so a new replacement unit is on the way.

Thanks

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

Good shit.   Hurry up already ;)

What is it? 

A compression brake valve?

#4 acres

acres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Yep, basically. These ones normally have a big vacuum chamber hanging off them which shuts the valve while the truck is braking.

Hopefully it turns up tomorrow.

#5 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

Such a cool build. I'm waiting in awe.
The double pods make it look tough as fork, dude!

But don't let me interupt proceedings......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: isuzu, trucks, exhaust brake, ecv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users