Photo

HELP! Gen 3 2000 Liberty no keyless entry?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

I've got a 2000 gen 3 liberty and the keyless entry has never worked since I owned it. I did get a key with the FOB on it. It was annoy but I lived with it. Now some jerk tried to break in and stuffed up the drivers side lock and I have to use the passenger side to unlock all the time.....

Anyways, I got a new battery and tried the FOB. No good. I tried the reprogramming guide for the key once and nothing happpend. I've now been looking under the steering column area and the right drivers side kickboard and I can't seem to find a unit anywhere. I did find these wires though with nothing plugged in. Are these the wires for the keyless entry module? I've got a cheap ebay kit I thought I could try to wire up. But I have no idea where to start!

wires_zpsd5414b73.jpg

#2 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

cricket.jpg

#3 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:46 AM

Thanks. I'll have a look today.

#4 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

What battery did you replace it with? I changed my remote battery recently and found energizer 1620 were no good. ordered a panasonic based off forum advice and worked.

MY07 GT spec B

#5 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

How did you try and program? Does it lock and unlock at all? I thought mine no longer worked but turned out I had put the plugs down the drivers side together.

Did you read this?

http://www.subyclub....ob-programming/

#6 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

What battery did you replace it with? I changed my remote battery recently and found energizer 1620 were no good. ordered a panasonic based off forum advice and worked.

Hmm strange. When i replaced mine, the jaycar own brand didn't work, replaced them with energizers (what was in there originally) and no problems.

#7 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

I'm not sure what brand it was I replaced with. I got it at a cheap watch shop, so it could be the battery. I think if I recall the previous owner said someone tried to brake in and the push button didn't work any more after.. he didn't elaborate.

further.

Thanks for the link  MrSober88. I think I followed something similar, but I'll give that a guide first and also get a new energizers battery as you all recommended and see how I go.

If all that fails I'll look behind the glove box.

Thanks again guys. 

#8 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

Maxell are the "genuine" ones lol.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#9 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

What is the battery type I need exactly? I figured I better buy another one on what you guys were saying.. .Also is it hard to remove the glove box? I had a quick look last night, screws are in pretty tight places. I don't want to break it!

#10 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

What is the battery type I need exactly? I figured I better buy another one on what you guys were saying.. .Also is it hard to remove the glove box? I had a quick look last night, screws are in pretty tight places. I don't want to break it!

Look for the cabin filter replacement guide in the DIY section of this forum. It shows you how to remove the glove box, it's not hard, just lots of screws and then you need to pop the guides out of their rails.

#11 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

Look for the cabin filter replacement guide in the DIY section of this forum. It shows you how to remove the glove box, it's not hard, just lots of screws and then you need to pop the guides out of their rails.

Perfect. Thanks for that. After "Straya Day" weekend camping I'll grab some batteries and see if I can get my FOB to unlock the doors finally after 5 years of using a key...

#12 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

It's missing the rubber protector case that came with it. It broke off.

1_zpsfti4ljbk_1.jpg

2_zpsea6r5ekh_1.jpg

#13 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

Also what battery exactly do you guys recommend? 

Thanks

#14 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Is everyone having issues with certain brands, or is it a bit hit and miss?

Thanks

#15 rswagon93

rswagon93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

Well I got a Duracell 1620 and now the FOB works... Jesus know's I've tried other batteries in the past.

Thanks for the help guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users