#1 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

Alrighty guys i just put a deposit on a gen1 s1 lib wagon. pick it up monday

paying $400 for it all with spare struts and springs and rego....

its same colour as my wagon and even has a dodgy black bonnet with white bits :nea:

so the current plan of action will be get a wrx scoop,paint roof and bonnet black, fix the clutch up, and whatever else it needs, then once i get my krud moneys and tax return drop an early WRX engine/drivline in it. Brake wise more then likely B4/GTB 294mm 2pots with matching rears, unless some cheap 4pots come up, suspsion i'll just get some king springs lows then sway bars strut braces.

Car shall be used mainly on track days etc but not for compition just fun and hopefully still have rego so i can hoon around late nights when im bored :yahoo:

My current wagon will be my daily, trying to afford to keep 2 cars running/on the road shall prove interesting lol

so first things first thoughs on driveline? pics will be soon

first round of Pics have a couple close-ups of the suspension still to come
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

red p's and your going to put a turbo motor in it? whats the point???

MY07 GT spec B

#3 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

its very rarely going to be driven on road, by me anyway. theres local khanacross events a small hill climb, then theres track days in sydney, as i said its going to be my toy car while my daily will be my current NA Would you guys rather another H6 Na?

#4 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

If you can find one, an RS or GT half cut from a gen1. Straight swap. I hear H6's have trouble with the EPA.
TSM

#5 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

You know what would be funny, if its not the clutch and the gearbox :P. Looking forward too seeing this! Ghetto ftmfw!

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#6 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:37 AM

awesome! car trailer it up to the next morgan park raceday!!! prepare to spend some $$$$ though, you will get the mod bug pretty quickly.

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#7 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:02 AM

was thinking about the rs/gr but arent the RS/GT heads shit? And ash if it is the gearbox theres a spare in dads wreck of a liberty ;) anyone know of cheap ways to transport cars? car is about 40km from my joint. i dunno how dads van will go with a car float, its big and awkward to drive as it is.

#8 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

sounds interesting mate! very interested to to see how it turns out...if your looking for a scoop i've got a couple of rex ones here (refer to the rav 4 pic for reference :P)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#9 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:08 AM

RS engines aren't the best, but you'll get alot of other usefull things from an RS halfcut. Your wagon will tow another lib no worries. I towed a commo with my GX. It sucked but it worked.
TSM

#10 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

I can tell you 170ATW in a stripped Gen1 goes quite well, so if it's just to get started you can get around 200ATW out of RS/GT heads. It's still fun.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#11 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

You reckon 200kw@w? Would have to be fuggin hammering. and in awesome condition. I've heared 170kw is around the peak from the RS spec heads. Still for a weekend warrior 170kw isn't going to be a bad thing. Considering his daily is 45kw.
TSM

#12 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

That's awesome man! Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing this :)

#13 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

RS engines aren't the best, but you'll get alot of other usefull things from an RS halfcut.
Your wagon will tow another lib no worries. I towed a commo with my GX. It sucked but it worked.

like fuel pump? wiring xmember, maybe i should hunt for a cheapish gc8 cut? :S

I can tell you 170ATW in a stripped Gen1 goes quite well, so if it's just to get started you can get around 200ATW out of RS/GT heads. It's still fun.

going on what i've seen on most early subys i'd be happy with anything between 160kw-180kw@w although i wont have brembos or teins like you it should still be fun. interior wont be stripped for a while, if ever

That's awesome man! Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing this :)

Cheers man cant wait to start on it

#14 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

Pretty decent power in a nice lightweight car should be good! :) As you said, funding having two vehicles should be interesting but thats all part of the fun I spose.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#15 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

Things like, vacume lines, oil lines, headertanks, >>LOOM<<, Cross member. Also sometimes you'll get a dressed cut with the front panels and maybe even the dash. You can basically take all the stuff out of the RS cut and whack it straight in the GX. THEN when you want to, its easy as pie to put a WRX long motor in it. (GTB long motor is the go.) Or you could be really tricky and slot in a carby 5ltr, tri-matic and a salisbury :P. Then you'd have a proper car :D
TSM

#16 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

Things like, vacume lines, oil lines, headertanks, >>LOOM<<, Cross member.
Also sometimes you'll get a dressed cut with the front panels and maybe even the dash.

You can basically take all the stuff out of the RS cut and whack it straight in the GX.
THEN when you want to, its easy as pie to put a WRX long motor in it. (GTB long motor is the go.)

Or you could be really tricky and slot in a carby 5ltr, tri-matic and a salisbury :P.
Then you'd have a proper car :D

hmmm a second rs front end would be nice im more worried about the heads tho as i heard there the problem, but then the wrx/GTB motors fit straight in1 :D the rs would also be a good starting point, pricewise.

Nothing trickey about using oxy and a mig :P
You can get extra heavyduty cable ties now anyway hehehe

#17 Wrx33j

Wrx33j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

if want to bay a halfcut call up just japs i was just on the phone to them bout some part and they try to talk me in to geting a sti halfcut and he said they have a lot of subaru halfcut right now

#18 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

if want to bay a halfcut call up just japs
i was just on the phone to them bout some part and they try to talk me in to geting a sti halfcut and he said they have a lot of subaru halfcut right now

Cheers for that i wont even be looking for a halfcut until i get my tax return. in june or july or august or whenever

#19 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

Picked it up today got it home all good, did my ghetto starter motor fix that i might DIY :P starter her up and it runs alright, looking underneath the gearbox has a pretty bad oil leak or the mechanic person never bothered to clean it when they replaced the CVs. clutch is absolutly f**ked, as far as i can tell gearbox wise apart from oil leaks the shifter bushes are nearly gone aswell... looked at the suspension and im fairly sure it has coilovers, their not adjustable though, have subaru stamped into them, but have a fulcrum sticker on them. found a pile of receipts aswell, seems some $$ has been spent on servicing this thing, although 2 clutchs in 4years seems a bit worrying, one of the receipts is for $1300!! pics will be up soonish hopefully have the gearbox out by end of the week and a new one in by late next week jeff, do expect many hours spent under this thing! haha :D

#20 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

Picked it up today got it home all good, did my ghetto starter motor fix that i might DIY :P starter her up and it runs alright, looking underneath the gearbox has a pretty bad oil leak or the mechanic person never bothered to clean it when they replaced the CVs. clutch is absolutly F**ked, as far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users