#1 RyanSharpe

RyanSharpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:My car, pushy and firies

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

Hey all,

So, this has been a long time coming. My first car, 1994 Liberty 2.2 GX Manual was a fantastic experience. then, the Suby club. From there I moved into what some of you might remember, my Outback H6 that was slammed on its ass which I bought from Big Boy Scotty back in 2012. Had a couple of great years in that car, some fun mods and most importantly, learned heaps. (as of this week, the kid I sold it to has already binned it!) The main thing I learned is that its just to hard and un-economical to manually convert and boost the first generation of EZ - D series motors. Now some of you may say that its not, but quite frankly I don't have the time, money and need my car daily. 

So, here we are! After a pretty shitty year outside of cars, and at some points with cars, I decided to get myself a proper scoobydoo! I wanted wagon (thanks Ben Caller for that addiction), boost and more importantly 6 mad speeds! After a quick stint of nearly buying a GT Foz (hope you're enjoying the beer Geoff??) My friends convinced me that it wasn't truly what I wanted. 

After searching long and hard, finally selling the Outback and finally coming across a car I liked, I had it inspected, flew to Melbourne and picked it up! Thanks to Alex Jones for his help and a killer road trip home. The car drove like a dream! Has been tuned by Kiddo down in Vic, makes a mountain of torque and totally enjoyable to drive. Totally flawless and spotless!! Some kids have photos of super cars on their computer backgrounds, I had a Spec. B. Sad I know....

TO DO:

- Fluids, filters and wiper blades

- New spare tire

- Front pads and rotors (already obtained)

- Parrot System

- Ipad Dash install

- Lost of small things that ill find along the way

DREAMS LIST:

- STI wheels

- STI mesh Grill 

- Brembo's

- Invidia TBE w/ Quad tips

- VF52 (or something like that)

- STI Top Mount

- Tune 

- (maybe more one day, but for now, that will do)

Here are some happy snaps of the car!

Attached File  IMG_8093.JPG   128.12KB   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG_8101.JPG   138.86KB   16 downloadsAttached File  IMG_8098.JPG   78.96KB   15 downloadsAttached File  IMG_8103.JPG   103.03KB   15 downloadsAttached File  IMG_8131.JPG   94.15KB   15 downloadsAttached File  IMG_8121.JPG   63.85KB   15 downloads

#2 church

church

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

Engine shots!

I wanted to get these but couldn't justify the price of them :(

Will be watching this, my friend applegeek has the H6 version and would love to see these two cars toe-to-toe on the drag strip :)

#3 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

Good to see you got another wagon. Sad to hear about the outback though, it was a minter....

#4 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

Tuned by Kido hey? Id get it checked to be safe.

OEM+

#5 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

Mark, I've only heard good things about his tunes, care to share any negatives you might be aware of?

#6 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

Tuned by Kido hey? Id get it checked to be safe.

+11ty billion

#7 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

Mark, I've only heard good things about his tunes, care to share any negatives you might be aware of?

Does good things with NA (but anyone with half an idea can tune NA)

Has blown many a motor on the dyno, and countless engines have lasted less than 6 months

#8 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

He made a mess of my Gen4 GT at one point and all that was needed was a retweak after adding a 3" centre pipe. Just way too hit and miss for my liking and not something you want when your messing with the heart of the car.

Browse other Subaru forums for more info.

OEM+

#9 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,419 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

I'm not sure if it's a consequence or not
But a lot of club lib people use him

And every second day Someone seems to blow a motor on club lib...

Nice car, love the gen 4 shape!

#10 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

Ryan when you say the kid already binned your Outback do you mean sold or crashed??

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#11 RyanSharpe

RyanSharpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:My car, pushy and firies

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:50 AM

Ryan when you say the kid already binned your Outback do you mean sold or crashed??

Mark, He lost control and managed to smash the front right corner after hitting a gutter. Wheel buckled, control arm gone, front guard damaged along with a couple other bits... #pplaterfails

#12 REXXYY

REXXYY

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

Nice wagon mate

Deshele Perfomance / Dahtone Racing / Pro Speed Racing / Full Noise Fabrication & Performance / Micks Motorsports

#13 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

Mark, He lost control and managed to smash the front right corner after hitting a gutter. Wheel buckled, control arm gone, front guard damaged along with a couple other bits... #pplaterfails

Oh man, that sucks. Even though you have your new wagon, it's a shame that such a nice outback got banged up :-(

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#14 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:31 PM

Ah, I liked that Outback of yours, tempted by the for sale but that Headunit install killed it for me, bad news about the kid.

Nice to see you in this car. I love them, the single turbo, the wagon...the libertyness, one of the best cars they made, then they forked up the Gen V.

#15 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

Very nice buy mate. I've had a soft spot for Gen IV's for many years, even before I bought my wagon. I just couldn't afford one at the time.

I was running one of Matt's demo tunes for a couple of months as well to make up my mind on whether I should get the full treatment done by him or not. I'm not saying it was his fault, but my engine did overheat at one stage and eventually blew. My mechanic told me that the tune would've put more strain on my engine and wouldn't recommend a tune on an NA at all (and one not done properly with a dyno). In all honesty I'd rather drive my car with the peace of mind that it is in perfect working order than having to worry about older parts not being able to keep up.

I have since had a new second-hand engine dropped in with less than half the mileage the original engine had with the stock tune and I personally didn't notice any difference apart from throttle response. Just my two cents man.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users