Photo

Good source of Exterior parts/ Body parts?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SubySilvy

SubySilvy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

Hey guys

Been looking around online for a good source of aftermarket exterior parts for my 07 Hawkeye.

Primarily I'm just interested in a rear roof spoiler but also later potentially lip kit, skirts ect, and was curious about everybody elses dealings with purchasing such products.

Found a few places online that are potential goers, but was suprised when simply searching for "Impreza Rear Roof Spoiler" majority of first results were ebay/amazon.

So to anyone that has made a similar purchase, any suggested sites or even actual body shops (live in Melbourne)? Or even anyone with bad experiences so I know who to steer clear of.

I'm not entirely against an amazon or ebay purchase but I definitely thought I'd be buying from a very well advertised online store/website for aftermarket Subaru or JDM body parts.

Any responses appreciated, good or bad experiences. Was just a curious topic for me.

EDIT: Just a side note, will also likely make a replica post on some Subie Sub-reddits to try and compile as many responses.

Cheers

Silvy

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

Ultrex make some good body add-ons. Otherwise you can get stuff off Import Monster (Yahoo Auctions in Japan). Its a bit more expensive as the freight can be killer. Offset is parts can be pretty cheap.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

The morgue is a good source for body parts. Got my last 3 feet from there, but technically that's a yard.

But also Ultrex for spoilers.

#4 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

Yahoo Japan via Import Monster is ideal as your in Melbourne and can collect from the warehouse keeping costs down.

Unless Ultrex have made leaps and bounds in quality and fitment of late, I'd be looking at Japan for parts.

OEM+

#5 SubySilvy

SubySilvy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:54 AM

Okay awesome had a look at Ultrex. They seem to have most of the stuff I'm interested in, but obviously hard to gauge the quality of the products.

In regards to Import monster: any tips on searching for specific items? All listings seem to be labeled by model numbers ect, that I'm not familiar with. Was getting no results when just searching for "rear roof spoiler". Or is just browsing through the listings looking for what I want the better option?

Cheers for the responses

#6 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

Use you chassis code to search, so for you, GD.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#7 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:21 AM

Mark has mentioned that Ultrex quality isn't as good. This is mainly due to Ultrex using crappier plastic that is partial to breaking easily. Ultrex do carry some better products but these are priced well above their lower end stuff.

Jimbo is right, search using GD in 'Exterior parts' and you should get some hits. But also check this out;
http://www.subyclub....ter-like-a-pro/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users