43 replies to this topic

#41 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:26 AM

Ok, I received my walbro pump today from Pro Speed Racing for $160 delivered.
Only probelm is that there is no fuel sock. I purchased the 01-current WRX pump as I was told that is the one made to suit the B4 and this pump does not come with a fitting kit while the pre 01 WRX pumps do.
Is this a big deal or can I quite easily get a fuel sock through subaru?

Should be able to use your existing sock for this innit? I know I use my stock one with the Walbro fuel pump in mine. I've even got a stocker gen2 fuel pickup sock that's sitting around if you're interested.

You should be able to pick one up from Subaru fairly cheap - I can try get a price on one if you like?

Let me know if I can help anyway :)

dylan

#42 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

Thanks Dylan I've got to get a few things from subaru, like fuel filter, gasket seals etc. Any one got hook-ups at theit local subaru dealer? I refuse to go to my dealer, every time i go in there they do nothing but stuff me around.

#43 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

You most definitely use your CURRENT STOCK fuel pickup sock. Even if your new pump came with a fitting kit you would more than likely find that the connector for the sock to the pickup at the bottom of the pump would sit at the wrong angle. Because of the short height of the B4's tank, the new walbro will take up the entire height of the tank. Your stock pickup sock has a 90degree angle connector so that the sock sits right on the bottom of the tank, whereas the fitting kit sock comes with only a 45degree angle bend so it needs a deeper tank for the sock to be BELOW the bottom of the fuel pump. The only thing I used out of the fitting kit was the rubber 'ear' piece which goes between the pump and the bottom of the cradle that holds the pump "up" in the tank. I ended up butchering it with a dremel to get it to fit anyway so..... :flag_of_truce:
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#44 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

cheers chazda I only got the pump no other attachments, seals etc. I think i'll just replace the fuel sock as i'm replacing the filter and seals aswell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users