30 replies to this topic

#1 2003rx

2003rx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:54 AM

I was looking at my engine bay today and was thinking that maybbee a bit of colour in there would look nice, i would be after relatively cheap options and was thinking like blue, lime green or chrome bits and pieces. Not sure what kind of bits and pieces which is why im posting. Does anyone know of parts that can be changed such as cables, leads, pipes or whatever. Im very open so throw some ideas at me!! :D
EJ25

#2 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:31 AM

try "the standard" look.

#3 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

On my old car i painted everything that was yellow - red i was young and silly stock = better and less rice ;) you cant really open your bonnet to show off anyway, subaru engines are ugly and messy ;)

#4 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

leave it stock

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#5 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Ummmm... Why? That would have to be the biggest waste of money ever. Dude, Forget about all the little ricey shiny things. They won't make your car faster, they will make it gheyer. All you need to focus on is your suspension and your stereo and maybe some RSK seats if you're after more grippy seats while cornering. Any other work on an NA is fruitless. Take it from me, I have the esxact same car as you and I've been down the road of modding the intake and the exhaust and have now returned it all to stock. All that those mods acheive is noise and a look at me factor.

#6 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:35 AM

I was looking at my engine bay today and was thinking that maybbee a bit of colour in there would look nice, i would be after relatively cheap options and was thinking like blue, lime green or chrome bits and pieces. Not sure what kind of bits and pieces which is why im posting. Does anyone know of parts that can be changed such as cables, leads, pipes or whatever.

Im very open so throw some ideas at me!! :D

Keep it stock mate ;)

You wanna do something to your engine bay? Use some engine degreaser where needed. And some Armor All on the black bits. That'll keep it looking nice and new :)

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#7 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

Tyre shine on the black parts FTW

Posted Image

#8 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

^^Like that!! Looks good! :)

#9 2003rx

2003rx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

hmmm yeh ok i will probobly just leave it stock, its just some of the skyline engines and stuff look really good when coloured but yeh the ej25 is like a bowl of spaghetti
EJ25

#10 Getho

Getho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

The only cosmetic change I made was to paint my battery holding bracket. - and that was only because it was starting to rust, but I made it a nice stock black again. That and the strut brace. Which is chrome. <_< Other than that just give everything a wipe-down/degrease.

#11 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

:huh:

Posted Image

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#12 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

Paint everything pink, as we all know it is the STi colour and every bit you paint you gain 5kw atw

#13 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

hirsk's motor bay - bleck is sexcccccc

Stuff goes here

#14 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Black is the best mate. Tyre shine on pipes is a winner and any brackets / metallic parts that are cruddy looking and easily removed, hit them with some matt black paint FTW!

OEM+

#15 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

When I was a lad and a bigger n00b than I am now, I couldn't wait to 'change' or 'modify' things without thinking about what I was actually doing. Now I spend a huge amount of time returning cars to 'factory original' and cursing those who made the mods. I'm not saying dont modify, it but put a little planning into it and consider the benefits. I recommend the 'less is more' theory. Mods you cant see are the best IMO. Cheers J

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#16 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

Tyre shine also works wonders for fading wipers and all the window seals and for gen1's the whole rear garnish.. makes that faded black plastic part look nice and black again. just use a good tyre shine.. i use the pads that you get from the car wash.. black jack or something, its not black its just a clear oil thats applied with a foam pad but it lasts and doesnt give a greasy look. one thing.. DONT put it near the front of the intake pipes.. your filter will be grotty and greasy in no time.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#17 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:15 AM

i've found with black plastics that using some chainsaw bar lube sparingly and some elbow grease, works better than tyre shine, and for ages longer.

#18 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

i've found with black plastics that using some chainsaw bar lube sparingly and some elbow grease, works better than tyre shine, and for ages longer.

never would've thought of that- but it does makes sense when ya think about it (its sticky as sh!t).

#19 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

What do you use on your mud guards, Alex? Same thing, or tyre shine? Yours are always brilliantly presented.

#20 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

the chainsaw bar lube is only good for porous plastics. for now, i just use a good tyre shine. i rate the valvoline one that smells of citrus, and a once over with a rag to take up excess. only thing is that it doesn't last very long.... cheers for the kind words alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users