• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

The EDIT system you have recently implemented is the worst of any forum I visit! Sometimes it is better to double post for clarity and you have messed with that.. Also, I changed ONE WORD immediately after posting and you have now added EDITED AT 12:44pm which is absolutely infuriating. There was no reason to change from what was in place last week.. The forum was working well and DYLAN you have simply been TWEAKING too much.. I vote a return to the previous system.. as making it physically impossible to double post is just bullshit. I don't mean to sound angry but you've gone and lost something VALUABLE at TANGCLA's behest (he's a ***** anyway and advertises commercially which also infuriates me)
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#22 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

Settle Boost. I agree about the Editing thing, its rather annoying. But why not just edit your previous post to add more emphasis and/or more information rather than starting a new post. Also, perhaps personal grievances should be left out of these threads. Dylan is just trying to keep everyone happy. It's a f*cking hard job he's doing. So a little respect and patience is in order, in this regard i think. Yeah i also had to edit. I had "post to at more" instead of add... see how silly it is Dylan?

Edited by Soop, 30 August 2008 - 11:44 AM.

TSM

#23 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

I think it should be, if edited within 5 minutes it does not show up as edited. If > 5 mins it should show up edited. And members should be able to edit whenever they want down the track.

#24 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

Mav, extra aggravation isn't required. Pm's are awesome. Keep this rubbish off the boards.
TSM

#25 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

hai soop much love xxx.
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#26 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

I think it should be, if edited within 5 minutes it does not show up as edited. If > 5 mins it should show up edited. And members should be able to edit whenever they want down the track.

This sounds much better..
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#27 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

I don't mean to sound angry but you've gone and lost something VALUABLE at TANGCLA's behest (he's a ***** anyway and advertises commercially which also infuriates me)

You're the only one making a big deal out of the edit function.

I do not want to see you have another go at Tangcla publicly about whatever issues you have. Nobody cares about it, and it makes you sound like a right arsehole.

If you have an issue take it up privately as I am going to start removing posts soon.

#28 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

I don't mean to sound angry but you've gone and lost something VALUABLE at TANGCLA's behest (he's a ***** anyway and advertises commercially which also infuriates me)

You sound angry.

What's your problem Stavros? I haven't done anything to aggravate you personally - and if I did, I'm sorry. I don't see what grudge you have against me is. It seems like you're not man enough to 'fess up to it, either...
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#29 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

Seriously. I don't think anyone gives a f*ck. Both of you shut up and take it to PM. Use a bit of Brains and don't post replies on the boards for Christs sake!
TSM

#30 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Residual OzLib periodness much? I'm not overly fussed about how it's setup at the moment, but ultimately I can see the benefits of being able to edit your posts without there being a time limit on there. Espescially if you want to add extra information for a build, or DIY thread, or if something offensive was written in your thread. Is there a chance of making that happen or are we staying with the current format? ***EDIT*** Apologies, just noticed that permanent edit has already been implemented.

#31 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Ironic much?
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users