Photo

2015 Forrester AWD needs some extra touches...

Forrester 2015 AWD Accessories Sat Nav

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jerome Rault

Jerome Rault

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:43 PM

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Forrester AWD that is just a great car but there's a couple of things I would love some advice on please:

1. It has no SatNav fitted
    1. Can I get this working somehow? Can I get it connected to my phone to show SatNav on the screen?
  2. Where should I go for accessories other than the dealer (or should I stick with genuine)? In particular, I would like to add:
    1. LED spotlights of some sort for country driving
    2. Bump/Bull bar?
    3. Replace the standard driving bulbs/lights which are just SO weak!
    4. Side Window Deflectors
  3. Road noise is pretty bad on rough surfaces
    1. It has the standard tires - any advice? Can I get better sound proofing?
  4. Servicing
    1. I'm based in Melbourne - should I use the dealer or is their a go-to aftermarket mechanic?
Any advice or support will be gratefully received.

Romey

#2 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:28 PM

For headlight bulbs order online from https://www.powerbulbs.com/ .  Even though they're U.K. based they're way cheaper than buying locally.  Also keep an eye out on the web page as they regularly have saver codes.  Replacing standard headlight bulbs with the new high efficiency bulbs isn't difficult and well worth the $, just don't touch the bulb with your bare hands etc otherwise it'll need a scrupulous clean of the bulb glass with lint free cloth & isopropyl alcohol.

Presume you've hit eBay to look up parts?  I saved heaps when I bought sensors for the engine of my old Soobee.  Unfortunately that old beast was sold & the replacement isn't Subaru but I've been buying genuine parts for the new car off of eBay.  Took some digging & finding the specific name for the items I was looking for, after that it's been option up fun time.  Eg. I found "Window Deflectors" are called "Window Visor Weather Shields".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forrester, 2015, AWD, Accessories, Sat Nav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users