• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

hey guys. for those with the later model subarus here has anyone gotten into logging or tuning their car? i've just finished purchasing my setup which now contains. -Tactrix openport 2.0 cable -innovate lc-1 wideband o2 sensor have just done a log and pulled off my stock tune and blown away that its only running 12psi! i've already been in contact with a fella from overseas from 555 Motorsport who offers internet tunes. He has tuned a fair few wrx's here in aus already and has seen some awesome results. it costs $100US per month for tune (tune only usually takes not even that) plus you require the tactrix cable (wideband o2 not neccesary) so my new mods to be tuned are: -Process West TMIC kit for 01-07 -Hypertec 3" TBE with 2.5" Diff Back. will be bumping the boost up to 1 bar and hoping for around 160 atw with some epic torque from the 2.5 litre. will update when i've got some tunes through!

MY07 GT spec B

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

Nice Alex, interested to hear how this goes!

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

couldnt leave it alone could ya mate ;)

Posted Image

#4 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

i know how it'll go.

#5 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

Nice Alex, interested to hear how this goes!

yes im uber keen payment has been made and basemap sent over. he will be making the adjustments very soon!

couldnt leave it alone could ya mate ;)

no. already spending like crazy :D still sitting like a 4wd need to get some springs!!

i know how it'll go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-f9J3bA2zs

we'll see ;)

MY07 GT spec B

#6 Billsy

Billsy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Cars n shit!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

im a bit dubious of these internet tunes, its like asking a blind man for directions on a map. either way, a 2.5 with a conservative tune should hit the 200kw mark with little trouble at well under 1 bar boost. if its got all the support it needs. and yes torque everywhere its awsome.

#7 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

im a bit dubious of these internet tunes, its like asking a blind man for directions on a map.

either way, a 2.5 with a conservative tune should hit the 200kw mark with little trouble at well under 1 bar boost.
if its got all the support it needs. and yes torque everywhere its awsome.

i've got no problems in letting this guy have a go at my car. he has a HUGE name on nasioc and also on rexnet getting excellent feedback.

ANYWAY first tune is in. looks like around 16psi am installing wideband in (made it hotswap with cigarette plug) tonight and flashing the tune on and see how it goes. should be a rocket :D

also given me the parameter definition file to and instructions on what he wants logged :)

if anyone wants to see the tune (has romraider installed) let me know!

MY07 GT spec B

#8 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

keep us update Alex. I'm rather excited for you! Will the wideband be a fixed installation? Or portable? I'm looking into a Wideband purchase myself soonish.

#9 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

keep us update Alex.

I'm rather excited for you!

Will the wideband be a fixed installation? Or portable?

I'm looking into a Wideband purchase myself soonish.

got a bung welded in the exhaust for easy hotswap as pete's car is being tuned at the same time also... (now running 20psi on the vf34!!)

the harness for the wideband is completely portable being wired up straight to a ciggie plug. time to change it out is the amount of time to jack the car up.

Innovate LC-1 is the wideband controller i have. (most used)

MY07 GT spec B

#10 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

did a few logs this afternoon, wont let me upload the files (.csv excel files) i was asked to do -20sec idle -sec of cruising with light load -2nd gear WOT from what i can see on the logs all looks pretty good. fark does it come on boost hard now :) its getting 16psi at around 3000rpm in second gear!

MY07 GT spec B

#11 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

here are some of the logs that i've run for those who are interested. note that some are in imperial units as the fella who is tuning it is american :D open the files up in excel and take a looksy! note the inlet temperature after many runs intake temps are 25 degrees celcius with an ambient of 22degrees. who needs a frontmount???? NOT ME :D http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871

MY07 GT spec B

#12 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

first dyno is complete.

hit 144kw atw @ 14.5psi @ 5000rpm on port hacking automotives brand new mainline dyno. max boost is around 17psi but it tapers off (how the tuner has it set) and as you can see its got over 110kw atw at only 3000rpm. gets wheelspin very easy!

few tiny issues came out to do with fuel correction but tuner will be onto it with all the info i've setup. got to log the dyno runs on my laptop sitting in the car which was awesome (thanks a lot to mark parso (parso_rex on rexnet) who helped me out big time getting the car on the dyno.

once the changes are made i will be heading back up there and chuck it on again this time with a bit more boost up top.

Posted Image

MY07 GT spec B

#13 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

its got over 110kw atw at only 3000rpm.

Got to be happy with that.

Im watching this with great interest, keep it up!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#14 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

and as i am too. good work alex!

#15 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

Got to be happy with that.

Im watching this with great interest, keep it up!

its made it quite fun to drive. very effortless it pulls from any gear even up mt ousely (road to sydney here in the gong) in 5th gear at 2300rpm didn't even have to try :D makes highway overtaking very easy.

2.5litre = win!

cant wait for a bigger turbo..............

MY07 GT spec B

#16 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

I have a weekend car that drives like that. Pulls from any speed, any gear and is great to drive. Our Gen III RX is a bit like that also, just a lot slower. :lol: I think some people place to much emphasis on big numbers at the top end. Most of the time the car is driven in the middle range in higher gears. Up a hill at 2300 in 5th, how much boost is there at this speed? I would think the larger 2.5 motor would make mid range grunt easier to find, but are you expecting to loose any of this with a bigger turbo?

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#17 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

It's actually better with a bigger turbo, I could pull from around 50-60ks in 5th gear when I had the td05h20g on. Standard the engine was labouring.

Depends what you want the car for, if it's only a commuter then having the down low power is probably better. I prefer the bigger numbers, when you want to drive hard it's got the power where it matters.

#18 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

I have a weekend car that drives like that. Pulls from any speed, any gear and is great to drive. Our Gen III RX is a bit like that also, just a lot slower. :lol:
I think some people place to much emphasis on big numbers at the top end. Most of the time the car is driven in the middle range in higher gears.

Up a hill at 2300 in 5th, how much boost is there at this speed?

I would think the larger 2.5 motor would make mid range grunt easier to find, but are you expecting to loose any of this with a bigger turbo?

there is around 12psi at 2300rpm. it hits 17psi at 2500.

the turbo is too small though. i'm getting 12.5l to 100 100% city driving. the turbo is always going, makes driving very easy but does use juice. doing another trip up to sydney today should see 550-600k's from this tank. open road economy is excellent.

pete, will be getting a td0520g but not till next year sometime. you cant compete with the td04 at the low 2000rpm mark but i know the td0520g on the 2.5 still goes very good down low.

MY07 GT spec B

#19 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

alexxx..... as discussed many times.... garrett double roller bearing turbo! i wonder how a GT2860R (disco potato) would go on a 2.5...

#20 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:39 AM

alexxx..... as discussed many times....

garrett double roller bearing turbo!

i wonder how a GT2860R (disco potato) would go on a 2.5...

what's the price on that though? td0520g from kando is $1100 new. that will do 200awkw @ 16psi

MY07 GT spec B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users