#41 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:05 AM

Fark. I remember the days when a 14sec street car was quick!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#42 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

It might be a bit like this: But better looking

#43 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

Was a bad month that month, wasn't it like 5 libs that were crashed. Everyone remembers my time with the cliff, i came out of it very easy, front bar lower vent popped back 2 days later... only for me to stick it to a farking Echo :( As far as swerving for small animals... Arelius knows what happens when you dont! I would still swerve.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#44 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Fark.

I remember the days when a 14sec street car was quick!

Lol. Put it this way, I've just spent $5,500 on a getting a set of heads worked on by Tony Knight in SA. That isn't including the initial cost of the heads either, just parts, machining and labour. High 11s just wouldn't seem right lol

Oh, and as for Nicks car, I know one of his uncle's. Although I've never seen the car with my own eyes, all I can say is wow. From memory but, once he did that run, the car was stripped down and sold off in parts. If its true, it was a real shame. Respeckta!!!

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#45 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

Was a bad month that month, wasn't it like 5 libs that were crashed.

Everyone remembers my time with the cliff, i came out of it very easy, front bar lower vent popped back 2 days later... only for me to stick it to a farking Echo :(

As far as swerving for small animals... Arelius knows what happens when you dont! I would still swerve.

At least 3? Jarrods, some guy in a jenwun wagooon and mine was one of them too :(
It was a bad month!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#46 Samon

Samon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

As far as swerving for small animals... Arelius knows what happens when you dont! I would still swerve.

I hit a Roo a few years ago in the Skyline... wasn't pretty! I swerved a tiny bit, but at 100kms there wasn't much I could do.

I got out of it pretty lightly... Insurance covered it ($2000 excess at the time though :() - about $7000 damage, but both my mate and I were unhurt, which is the most important thing. Can't say the same for the roo though... a bullet to the head put him out of his pain.

http://www.skylinesa...ht-t148615.html

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The repairs:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And now:
Posted Image

#47 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

I think the worst thing i have heard of was my dad's mate.. hit a roo in a ute, the roo came through the windscreen and into the cab... kicked the shit outta both driver and passenger.. car was just a bit of damage on the bonnet and new window. it jumped and didn't touch the bumper at all but... Both occupants needed some reco on the face, a bit of time in intensive and multiple broken ribs.

#48 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

Hi, That is one of the problems with roo bars on sedan style cars. Happens more than people know. Cheers, Nik

#49 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

Faarrrrk a roo to the face doesnt sound nice! Do those Roo screamer things keep away the roo's?

#50 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

its not the fact that it comes flying through the windscreen, its when it beats the shit out of you. Nik, this was over in WA also, coming back from Lancelin apparently, quiet roads up there so they were laying there for a while after being beat up also. Those screamer things seem to do something, the missus' old astra had them and it seemed to stop them before they would hop out, she lived in the country so encountered alot of roo's but with saying that if they were on the rd they would stay put also.. probably more because of the lights though, one thing is they only really work at faster than 80, any slower and you could hear the sound change... you dont drive with the windows down though.. gives one the shits!

#51 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

Do those Roo screamer things keep away the roo's?

I bought some a while ago but havent put it on yet. Dont know where to. Ive had a few encounters with roos. Hit one in an old LandRover (not me driving) and missed on by about 2 inches in the lib. When/if i get an Outback ill definitely figure out some place to put them on as ill be doing alot of travelling.

I know a lady who hit so many roos in previous cars but since buying these screamers she hasnt hit any. ~$20 you cant go wrong.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#52 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:22 AM

I know a lady who hit so many roos in previous cars but since buying these screamers she hasnt hit any. ~$20 you cant go wrong.

Might have to invest in some soon :)

#53 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:39 AM

A couple of months back i hit a baby roo at about 20kms, it stuffed my numberplate (That's why i got the new plates) and my front bar fell off. The little bastard got up about 5 seconds later and hopped off :P

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#54 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:57 AM

Mate and I were rocketing along the road from Echuca to Deniliquin one night in his VK interceptor and hit a dead roo. Went under the car, missing the front skirt, hit the diff and threw the tail of the car into the air. No damage except for some flesh suck on the diff and two brown underpants.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#55 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hi, Noone down here believes in them. It's OK on long straight roads, but they create a lot of false confidence as well. If you are on a twisty road like what we have down here, full of trees, the roo's get confused - they are stupid animals that live without any peripheral vision - and they just run back into your path. A lot of the roo hits are to the side of vehicles, I got one's head stuck in the front wheel arch and it's tail slapped all the way over the roof, denting front right quarter, driver door, driver side rear door, rear quarter and the roof skin - Honda Odyssey - so you know it was a biggen. Also, those roo shoo's make the WORST noise. If you're like me and hear a decent pitch spectrum you will get headaches, nausea, and worse. When they first started appearing I will never forget my first experience. I thought I was having some kind of seizure, my head started throbbing and the noise felt like it was being produced from the top of my spine pointed into my head. I was pulling over before the 4WD coming the other way had even rounded the corner! Cheers, Nik

#56 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

This happened about 2 hours ago. Its my sisters car, her first crash, in the wet. Long story short, car stopped suddenly in front of her because of another car merging. Minor lapse in concentration on my sisters behalf = this.
Claim has been lodged already and will probably most likely be a write off :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the car she crashed into. It also got pushed into the car in front of it but there was next to no damage.

Posted Image

IM47Gcv.jpg

#57 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

pics of sister. stat

#58 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

Sorry to hear Morgs, It might not be a write off, Depending on how much strutural/engine damage there is...

pics of sister.

stat

That's what Stalkbook is for :D

#59 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

No good Morgs... Hope your sister is OK. Car doesn't look too bad - front on smacks like that can usually be repaired.

#60 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

I'm with Chris here. Looks repairable to me. Whether it is economically feasible is another story. But I guess it depends on assessor, market value of car, agreed value of car, price of parts, repairer, etc. Too many variable to say whether it'll go either way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users