#61 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

Just got the call. Its been declared a write off. Insured with AAMI for $4800. After having a quick look at it myself at the assessors, it looked pretty rooted under there. Bloody $1600 excess (not as bad as mine but still hurts!) for being 18 YO driver. Poor thing. Shes still so shaken up. Apparently her head hit the steering wheel pretty hard. Lady in the grey lancer had a small child and the lady in front of her was preggas. Made everything so more humiliating for her. Hero brother to the rescue though. Left work to pick her up and take her home :)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#62 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

Well, that has its advantages, Morgan. Cars are never usually the same after a significant stack, so at least, your sister now has the opportunity to purchase a replacement car, that's free of accident damage/repairs. Excess may sting now, I'm afraid, but keeps the wallet happy later on. I mean, how much would the repair bill come to for those other two cars? Even a Bentley (if one was involved? :o ) Anyways. Hope your sister recovers from the minor injuries well and without incident. EDIT: I must say, that happened VERY VERY QUICKLY!! (with the assessment) NICE GOING!

#63 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

lancer will probably have a fair bit of beaver panel damage, that may be a economical write off, then they auction it make more moneyz and some dodgey habib buys it and flogs it off at melbournes cheapest cars.. and the car lives on to kill another day.. sad story but often so true :(
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#64 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

Well, that has its advantages, Morgan.

Cars are never usually the same after a significant stack, so at least, your sister now has the opportunity to purchase a replacement car, that's free of accident damage/repairs.

Excess may sting now, I'm afraid, but keeps the wallet happy later on. I mean, how much would the repair bill come to for those other two cars? Even a Bentley (if one was involved? :o )

Anyways.

Hope your sister recovers from the minor injuries well and without incident.

EDIT: I must say, that happened VERY VERY QUICKLY!! (with the assessment) NICE GOING!

We are fast movers! We made the claim while in the assessors office! By the time we got home it was pretty much all done! Car is getting towed to Syd and a bill for the excess will be sent to us soon. Phone has been ringing/we have been on the phone ever since it happened!!

Too right mate, $1600 is nothing compared to what it could be. And i would much rather her let her first car go and shed a few tears than pay for some dodgy Habib to sticky tape it back together again and make her pay with blood.

Ha, was her 18th a week ago and i bought her a new head unit. Installed it last Sat. Waste of time that was! But i took it out and we'll put it in a new car!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#65 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

DUDE!!! REMOVE THE HEAD UNIT ASAP!! If its not in the insurance policy, remove it ASAP, and put the original one back in! (don't wire in the original, just chuck it in and make it look purdy) When I had a car written off, I argued the point, and they buckled. Because it wasn't on the policy, it wasn't part of the car, and legally was mine for the taking.

#66 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

Yea HU is out :) Didnt even bother putting the old one back in. It had an old Sony aftermaket one it before anyway. The car currently has a gaping hold and wires poking out everywhere!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#67 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:38 AM

noice! sounds like you have all bases covered!

#68 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hopefully we do! She'll probably have to drive the suby next week if we dont find a car this weekend for her. Lucky me gets the 80 series!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#69 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

Well at least the crumple zones did its job :) Vehicle looks to be repairable, but as Alex alluded too, it may/probably won't be economically feasable given what the cars worth and how much it'll cost to repair.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#70 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

Glad to hear it's all sorted Morgan, and no one was hurt.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#71 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

After a quick trip to the Drs, turns out she has a concussion. She feels really spaced out and Dr said she definitely wouldve been unconcious for a few seconds after impact. Of course she doesnt remember this but is very likely given her spaced-out-ness!!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#72 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

Hi, I can relate. I knocked myself out playing basketball last night. Went for the ring and got my legs taken from under me. I feel about as sore as I did after my car accident. Lots of mersyndol...! Cheers, Nik

#73 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

Found these pics from a crash my Mrs was in a few years ago where she was nearly killed.

Her mum was driving and lost control around a bend. It rolled a few times before coming to rest on its roof.

She was sitting in the back right hand side of the car. Literally a few 100m before the crash, she moved to the left hand side of the car. No reason at the time. But if she hadnt, she'd be dead.
Her dad is a builder and there were multiple star pickets in the boot. She remembers watching them shoot forward to where she was sitting as they were rolling. Scary stuff.

Her mum got out of neg driving due to the dodgy road.

Beware of the Vitara!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

IM47Gcv.jpg

#74 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

Shit dude thats some scary stuff there ^

My bro had pretty good one in his old cc lancer a few yrs back after finishin a worked 4G93P NA conversion. We were on our way back from WSID after it being cancelled due 2 wet track. We were virtually 5mins from home stopped in traffic. All of a sudden BANGGG! Female in a brand new hyundai elantra slams into the rear at about 60km pushing us into the car infront causing a 5 car pile up. After all the exchanging of details the car was still capable to drove home

Before
Posted Image Posted Image

After
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Obviously it was a write off

A few weeks later the engine got put into a little satria and ran consistant low 14s...

Heres a link doin his 2nd quickest pass http://www.youtube.c...=kv-UCcI79rA...

Now that hes off his Ps he just recently did a full EVO2 4G63T conversion including whole front end in the backyard...

If any of you are interested in this backyard build and up for a good long read its pretty much all documented mainly here:

http://forum.jdmstyl...read.php?t=9001 (mite need 2 be registered for here)

and here(not as up to date): http://evocoupe.net/...&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Sorry if Im hijackin the thread :ph34r:

#75 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

eww. A FWD lancer. Looks like the girl did your brother a favour.

#76 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

LOL had plans to go AWD. Plans are to make the satria AWD.

#77 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

LOL had plans to go AWD. Plans are to make the satria AWD.

I can't see how, as there's no tail shaft tunnel.

Rear drivetrain is massively different too.

I remember an AWD Mirage 4G63 conversion (EVO III or IV, before they went to a wider track), and the overall conversion cost exceeded the RRP for a brand new EVO VI at the time!

Personally, I don't see the point in converting the Satria.

Save the pennies, go an evo.

There's so much happy goodness there already, for you to worry about putting into an ugly car!

#78 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

I can't see how, as there's no tail shaft tunnel.

Rear drivetrain is massively different too.

I remember an AWD Mirage 4G63 conversion (EVO III or IV, before they went to a wider track), and the overall conversion cost exceeded the RRP for a brand new EVO VI at the time!

Personally, I don't see the point in converting the Satria.

There's so much happy goodness there already, for you to worry about putting into an ugly car!

It been done before both in the CC lancer and satria. EVO rear cut. Cut out the rear floor plan of the satria, weld in the rear floor plan from the evo to fit the rear diff. Shorten the tailshaft and your done. If it does go AWD it will be used on the track. But either way it will mostly be used on the track.

Most probably will for a daily... An evo 7 to tow the satria to the track

#79 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

Ill admit lancers arent my favourite car, but that is a nasty dent! Hurts to see something you've worked so hard on like that.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#80 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image