#1 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

Hi all, Why don't we leave the site open for public display? Atleast people can see it, and know what it is.. people might not wanna sign up, until they see what this place actually is.

#2 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

twas discussed last night at hte meet, which you woulda known if you made it!!!. BASICALLY its coz ome unknown check box is ticked and will be fixed asap .... i think.
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#3 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

Ahuh!, thanks for that.. wanted to say something earlier.. but.. yeah.. p.s, If I even actually thought about coming to the meet, it's a 40 min drive.. and with Gastro, the leather would have become reeeaaallll slippery.

#4 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

s'all good, dyl woulda been there to give you a hand!!!
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

Ahuh!, thanks for that.. wanted to say something earlier.. but.. yeah..

p.s, If I even actually thought about coming to the meet, it's a 40 min drive.. and with Gastro, the leather would have become reeeaaallll slippery.

Dude, different excuse every month......

I just don't want too. Is it really that hard to say?
TSM

#6 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

usual reason is coz he is working!

#7 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

usual reason is coz he is working!

It's a bit of both really...

Work was the last month and the month before.. coz I actually was working!!

the REAL reason....

I ain't driving all the fukkin way out there, to sit at a sausage sizzle with chicks that look like they been smacked up-side the head by a hugely hung black man.

#8 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

Damn! Kellie ain't gunna like that one!
TSM

#9 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

Damn!
Kellie ain't gunna like that one!

I meant the employees!

I ain't seen Kellie yet.. so NO COMMENT! ;)

#10 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

Bwahahah nice choice of words for your description of the employee's mate.

#11 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:35 AM

Why don't we leave the site open for public display?

Atleast people can see it, and know what it is.. people might not wanna sign up, until they see what this place actually is.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it - some things said in forums should say in forums.

But that's just my 2c.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#12 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:42 AM

Hi all,

Why don't we leave the site open for public display?

Atleast people can see it, and know what it is.. people might not wanna sign up, until they see what this place actually is.

Hai Brendan!

Why would we want to have the forum completely open? If this place ends up being a great technical resource, people will be able to come in, look for what they want and then nick off again.
Isn't the whole idea to get people to sign up?

I'd be more inclined to give the public limited access rather than the ability to see the whole forum. For example, let them see the intro thread and the news thread...

Thre's my 2cents worth!

#13 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:46 AM

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it - some things said in forums should say in forums.

But that's just my 2c.

It is possible and I am now of the opinion that we should open certain areas of the Forums up to public display.

I don't think that all areas should be, but just enough to give guests an idea of what they are in for if they sign up, and how helpful the site can be.

I'm also still looking in to (without much luck I might add) a 'category' option for posts too, which will allow us to create say a forum for 'WRX' and then select a category for version 1, 2 3 etc.. or similar.

Hai Brendan!

Why would we want to have the forum completely open? If this place ends up being a great technical resource, people will be able to come in, look for what they want and then nick off again.
Isn't the whole idea to get people to sign up?

I'd be more inclined to give the public limited access rather than the ability to see the whole forum. For example, let them see the intro thread and the news thread...

Thre's my 2cents worth!

+1

#14 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:56 AM

It is possible and I am now of the opinion that we should open certain areas of the Forums up to public display.

I don't think that all areas should be, but just enough to give guests an idea of what they are in for if they sign up, and how helpful the site can be.

I'm also still looking in to (without much luck I might add) a 'category' option for posts too, which will allow us to create say a forum for 'WRX' and then select a category for version 1, 2 3 etc.. or similar.

That sounds really interesting! It will be great to see/hear more.

I was just sitting on the forum this morning thinking, "I currently have no real motivation to look through the technical part of the forum cos it's such a mish mash of information. Imagine what it will be like when we start gather more information? What would a visitor or new member to the site think?"

I know that there are plans in place to get the forum categories all laid out properly. I just reckon the sooner the better!

#15 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:56 AM

yeah i agree....open certain areas to the public for viewing and brendan will go to the cronulla hooters if we met there.....

#16 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:59 AM

Damn!
Kellie ain't gunna like that one!

Lmao
No no, Kellie loved that comment :lol:
Well done xxB4xx :D I was crackin up readin that.
Evidence?
Posted Image

I meant the employees!
I ain't seen Kellie yet.. so NO COMMENT!

Judge 4 urself... here's my pic, btw my jaw is slowly getting better from the little "incident" - U kno wot they say, once u go black.. u need a wheel chair - and apparently surgery too.
Posted Image
Nxt meet I'll wear my orange Hooters shorts juz for u xxB4xx, wot yaz think?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

My, you certainly are hot Kellie. Your beauty is so breath taking, I almost fell off my chair.

#18 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

My, you certainly are hot Kellie.

Your beauty is so breath taking, I almost fell off my chair.

LOL
Ya kno, I hear that alot ;)
(My real pix in my profile but not much different 2 the above one)
:P
Neways - back 2 wot this thread was about...
Posted Image

#19 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

(My real pix in my profile but not much different 2 the above one)

Ahh yes... So it is. Although it's a tad small to clearly see you, it is plainly obvious that you are not anwhere near as vile as the photo of Jaba the Hutt above.

#20 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

Ahh yes... So it is. Although it's a tad small to clearly see you, it is plainly obvious that you are not anwhere near as vile as the photo of Jaba the Hutt above.

Oh why thanku hahaha
*phew*

It's small bc it wont allow me 2 upload a bigger pic, think its gotta be 150x150 ??
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users