63 replies to this topic

#21 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:27 AM

Well, if you feel the need to plaster a big photo of yourself on here, do so in a post! I'm sure that the boys wouldn't mind a bit. ;)

#22 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:38 AM

I'm also still looking in to (without much luck I might add) a 'category' option for posts too, which will allow us to create say a forum for 'WRX' and then select a category for version 1, 2 3 etc.. or similar.

What about a prefixing system? I know with vBulletin you can do that - not sure if IPB can too? Fairly sure there'd be some script kiddie who's written something :D
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#23 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:00 AM

I wasnt @ the meet either, sori, but yeh sounds like a good idea 2 open sections 4 public viewing. Got my vote, ppl won't join unless they can actually take it 4 a test drive. And no - I think I'll restrain myself with the picture posting, Subaru :lol: but I'll glady post my web address: www.nursekellie.com j/k ;)
Posted Image

#24 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

guarantee half the ppl on this site just typed that into their web browsers!
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#25 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

guarantee half the ppl on this site just typed that into their web browsers!

Baaahahahahaaa... I bet you're right!

#26 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:08 AM

LMAO!!! Naaww.. feel the love.
Posted Image

#27 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

:wub: haha
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#28 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

:wub:

haha

Wow - u's were right, ppl have actually looked @ my profile when that link didnt work ;) bahahaha
Posted Image

#29 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hi all.. Whats the G.O, Kellie I can give you my email addy if need be.. LOL Hooters chicks belong on clearasil commercials. end of story.

#30 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

Hi all..

Whats the G.O, Kellie I can give you my email addy if need be.. LOL

Hooters chicks belong on clearasil commercials.

end of story.

If u give me urs... I'll give u mine ;) haha
And I agree with the clearasil thing.. I often ponder 2 myself sometimes it shouldnt be called Hooters.. maybe Pancakes?
Posted Image

#31 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

Why would we want to have the forum completely open? If this place ends up being a great technical resource, people will be able to come in, look for what they want and then nick off again.
Isn't the whole idea to get people to sign up?

isn't it quality not quantity??

are we playing "he who has the most members wins"???

who cares if people take what they want and leave, when someone asks them where they found that info from they'll say "subyclub forum"...

word of mouth advertising is one of the best kinds there is...

besides, if some d**khead only signs up for info and then never posts, sure we have 1 more member, but no more information has been added to the forums has it??

my 2c

oh, and +1 for kellie posting a pic... :D

2mmwi1w.jpg

#32 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

i think having it open would help a number of things ranging from, google search listing. to more actual info coming into the site benefiting us all. and god some of them might be hot like kellie. more to go around... OH THE POSSIBILITIESS!!!

#33 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

It is possible and I am now of the opinion that we should open certain areas of the Forums up to public display.

I don't think that all areas should be, but just enough to give guests an idea of what they are in for if they sign up, and how helpful the site can be.

^Thats the best compromise. I'd support that :)

I was under the impression SubyClub wasn't aiming for huge member numbers. Just enough to have quality information/resources at hand and a portal to enjoy some light hearted banter. Call me selfish - but I think members should be sharing what they know with other members. Not non-members who come, read and go forever.

~ shiv

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#34 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

I agree with ^^ Blaeven ^^
Well most forums have a "members only" section, so if they like what they see in the open section - they'd surely join up neways.
The sites doing fairly well with ppl joining anyways and it's mainly cos word of mouth.
Like in Waynes World
"and they tell their friends, and they tell their friends.. and so on.. and so on... and so on"
Posted Image
Hehehe

And I'll have 2 make a thread for my personal pictures huh?
Posted Image

#35 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

To see what happens with open forums, you need only look to were most of us come from. RSLC is not open to the public, the other one is. See where the difference is? We will attract members through having a quality source of information and a quality member base with a good community spirit. Not by having a million hormonal 17yr old ass hats spouting what ever crap they so please. By keeping it closed we make it easier to actually provide the correct information, by being able to keep on top of idiots that do just spout total nonsense. Might i point out something here. Subyclub in the last 3-4 days has averaged between 7 and 20 people online and active. The other site has managed around the 7-40 online, this is with around 20 odd "guests" as well. We have substantially less members. If we keep the current attitude and keep an eye out for other members we as individuals think could and want to contribute to the forum, then the forum will grow. Slowly maybe, but as the saying goes. All good things come to those who wait. My 2c in any case.
TSM

#36 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

We will attract members through having a quality source of information and a quality member base with a good community spirit. Not by having a million hormonal 17yr old ass hats spouting what ever crap they so please.

sh!t cmon i cant be that bad :P

on topic: i agree with the partial access to the public. i for one usually wouldnt sign up to a forum that i cant see anything on when im not signed up. open the news and general thread of something similar (someone mentioned new and some other one before).

my 2c

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#37 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

sh!t cmon i cant be that bad :P

on topic: i agree with the partial access to the public. i for one usually wouldnt sign up to a forum that i cant see anything on when im not signed up. open the news and general thread of something similar (someone mentioned new and some other one before).

my 2c

I 2nd this notion.
Posted Image

#38 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:29 PM

It's something that has already been discussed. Myself and a couple of other members proposed that only the introduction thread and general threads be open to newbies. And that all new members are forced to make there first say, five, posts in the introductions. And perhaps no posts untill they start and introduction thread as their own (To avoid newbies spamming another members thread.) I have absolutely no idea how possible that is. But IMO its the best way to build a functional community.
TSM

#39 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

Umm ok then. Thread closed.
Posted Image

#40 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

Umm ok then.

Thread closed.

you my girl are a danger... i know too many things about you lol, and it could harm some of these innocent folks kind hearted nature in these here forums...

just be carefull lads... she bites lol....
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users