22 replies to this topic

#21 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

I don't recommend doing that, as you'll botch up the compression ratios. The TT is ultra fussy when it comes to compression ratios, so keep it OEM as much as possible, unless you measure the correct comp ratio and tune to suit.

#22 fatdon

fatdon

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:cars, music, cars, snow, cars, wake cars, and goodtimes. mainly goodtimes in cars.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

got the motor back out sat night and back in on sun morning all seems ok, just one small vacuum leak and the check engine light came on when i was testing it at about 6000rpm so i will have to get the codes and have a looksy. I left the box in this time just to see what was easier?? Im sure they are similar time wise but the heat shields were a bit of a pain in the ass to get back on so i have brushed them for the meanwhile. will put them back on soon enuf. I ended up using the manifold from the r motor as the inlets to the turbos on the h motor were rooted as well as the little t piece so it has the yellow injectors and the 18 19 set up cos the turbos were in much better nick than the ones that came on the h motor. seems like the accelerator springs on the throttle body are sticky and i will change that as well. it is hopefully a good motor and i will give the wrecker a call to explain that the motor he sent me is not what i paid for and see what he says about the stuffing around, although the terms on the back of the invoice state that the seller is in no way responsible for any costs involved in labour or parts that may be incurred by the buyer in the case that the motor is no good, I have researched the ACCC Aust. competition and consumer commission and they say that you can not write yourself out of any responsibility incurred in the case that the goods you sell are not fit for the purpose that they were acquired. so there is some bullshit there that makes you wonder what to do if that happens to you and you were parked in a garage that wanted to charge you basically double the cost quoted for a motor r & r you could be up for thousands and the seller of the motor assumes no part of the responsibility. its a tough one. Anyways the mrs has the car back and all is well so thats good for me, and as much as the mrs thinks i like pulling motors in and out its not that much fun the fun is behind the steering wheel. there is a certain degree of satisfaction when it kicks over first shot and you dont break anything....its funny when you can only laugh at the big knockin noise the first time and think of the hours of labour down the drain! Thats funny! Painfully funny. Thanks Alex for the advice on the compression ratios i will no longer be getting into any more greasy situations for now. peace

Attached Files

#23 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

Sounds like an EJ20H from an auto GTB.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic