Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hi guys,

I Have just been driving home playing with my ebc and winding up the boost a fraction(i think it was only about 1psi ish), but as i got closer to home. And the car was feeling a bit hesitant its hard to explain but ill try.

1st gear hits boost and pulls pretty good still if not the same
2nd gear still pulling
3rd gear feels a bit weak
4th gear sits on 3.5rpm for a bit almost like the clutch is slipping and then just gradually builds up.
and same with 4th gear.

Even putting it back on the original setting seemed to not make a difference so im pretty sure i can rule that out and it was jut a coninsidence that it happened at the same time.

And clutch still seems pretty grabby and we inspected that when changing the box a couple of weeks ago and was burnt but have been told still okay.

I haven't had a chance to check anything yet as i dont fancy having burnt fingers. but a visual inspection of the rear as i closed the gate was that the back was spotted with black crap.

I have been gettin o2 sensor codes since buying the car but didnt get any today when this was happening.

Car in question is This Car

Posted Image

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:02 PM

Hi guys,

I Have just been driving home playing with my ebc and winding up the boost a fraction(i think it was only about 1psi ish), but as i got closer to home. And the car was feeling a bit hesitant its hard to explain but ill try.

1st gear hits boost and pulls pretty good still if not the same
2nd gear still pulling
3rd gear feels a bit weak
4th gear sits on 3.5rpm for a bit almost like the clutch is slipping and then just gradually builds up.
and same with 4th gear.

Even putting it back on the original setting seemed to not make a difference so im pretty sure i can rule that out and it was jut a coninsidence that it happened at the same time.

And clutch still seems pretty grabby and we inspected that when changing the box a couple of weeks ago and was burnt but have been told still okay.

I haven't had a chance to check anything yet as i dont fancy having burnt fingers. but a visual inspection of the rear as i closed the gate was that the back was spotted with black crap.

I have been gettin o2 sensor codes since buying the car but didnt get any today when this was happening.

Car in question is This Car

chance your cat converter is on its last legs?

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hope not, still looks pretty good and new.

Posted Image

#4 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

Cruth is slipping maybe? Not uncommon when loaded up in higher gears.

Posted Image

#5 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

CEL/Codes (besides O2 sensor)

#6 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

Awix, just checked the codes, just shiteloads of 32s....

Course of action today, drive and see if it does it again after finding this

Posted Image

dont know it if will make a difference because it would have been like this from when ben and i put the box in. but wel see.

next course of action is to clean spark plugs and run some uec and do a service.

then meh i dunno, drive it off a cliff.

i had less problems in my $1000 gx :P

Posted Image

#7 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

That ic to throttle body hose is mcrooted with extra cheese! I have a replacement hose. Purdy blue silicone. Yours. Gratis. Just gotta pick it up from my joint in west Sydney. Let me know Adam.

#8 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

Wow.. if that aint boost leaking like a bitch I dunno what would!

#9 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

Alex kudos on generosity. I had a minor leak fron the same hose because I forgot to tighten it enough and it made a loud hiss and my car lost boost. You wouldn't probably have heard a hiss coz the leak looks huge. I bet that it is the hose causing the probs. OEM hoses often catch and curl when putting the IC back on. Silicon makes it really easy.

Posted Image

#10 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:20 PM

Wouldnt the car run rich as all hell with a leak like that?
TSM

#11 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Wouldnt the car run rich as all hell with a leak like that?

No. Intake pressure sensor always matches the fuel to air. It would just be less powerfull because of less fuel. Subarus are great because they are one of the few cars that you can push the boost up on and they compensate the AFR automatically.

Posted Image

#12 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

I was wondering the same thing. O2 sensor code should come up shouldn't it? edit: What PBOaS said.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#13 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

No. Intake pressure sensor always matches the fuel to air. It would just be less powerfull because of less fuel. Subarus are great because they are one of the few cars that you can push the boost up on and they compensate the AFR automatically.

Maybe to a point, but looking at that hose. His car is almost NA.
TSM

#14 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

Alex Thanks heaps for the offer bud, i really appreciate it, but i think ill buy a red one to match all the other hoses. I have spun this one around for now and took it for a spin today only on low boost with people in the car to wollongong and back. And its running okay but ill test tomorrow going to work if the problem still exits, it just feels a bit gutless still, and like i said before its only started in the last few days though ive been drivng it like that since new years, i think i was actually lucky and the hose somehow sealed itself against the throttle body! but maybe in the last fw days i have been boostin it and givin it some to show off the whooshkas to my friends so maybe its started to leak.. Where would i find a replacement in red silicone :) And keep the ideas flowing :) mmmm tech talk on suby club. me likeys :) Just an idea, could it be dirty fuel or a blocked injector or something? Keep you all posted

Posted Image

#15 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

I found my intake hose was the same at the turbo inlet after i bought the GT. No wonder the idle was screwed. Dead steady after I seated it properly. (No real bearing to your problem) Seating the hose properly should yield some reward. You can get those hoses in red from an Ebay seller "zenaracing" for about $11 inc postage.

OEM+

#16 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

You gotta keep an eye on that hose, mine split once too.. And it did exactly what you were saying but with a loud hissing sound as the air was esacping

#17 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

replacement RED hose? that's easy. www.justjap.com FTMFW

#18 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

My silicone bits looking a little worn as well, Don't think it's leaking yet though, Can i buy just any silicone joint or does it need to be a stronger one? Also any know what diameter it is?

#19 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

It was like $20 or something from Subaru dude.. that's all you need, the OEM one is more than fine.. just not a pretty colour.. but once you go black..

#20 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

Update, took her to work today, and it seems marginally better. but still doesn't feel right. thought of another way to describe it though. it used to boost hard at 3000rpm and still does in first and seccond, but then as you go up through the gears it doesnt boost as hard, until like 4krpm could the wastegate be closing slowly or something? just a thought?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users