44 replies to this topic

#21 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Adam, fix the underlying issue first! Replace that forking hideous hose! It's leaking! Bet my left nut on it! PM me your address. I'll post the damned thing out to you before you start blaming Bin Laden on your boost issues!

#22 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

Dude chill, im just trying to get my head around why it would only cause the problems in the higher gears. I have no idea about turbo engines. And that will cause me to ask stupid questions. Im sorry. I will replace the hose as i know it needs doing, but i cant do that overnight. I'm not trying to blame other shit. And im not trying to avoid using yours and others solutions. What would be the point in me asking and then not listening. So just relax. All i was doing was asking the question while i have a post open.

Posted Image

#23 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:03 AM

Mate. All I'm trying to do is help you. You say you don't know anything about turbo engines. I do. Been there, done that. Many times. You're telling me to relax? How can you continue to speculate other issues, when you haven't solved this boost leak issue? Me? Relax? You know what? Don't listen to me. :wacko:

#24 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:31 AM

Fix the known issues first, Alex is right. As revs increase load increases, your broken hose might just be able to hold that high boost for a second or 2 when in lower gears as that's how long it needs to, but in higher gears the boost stays higher for longer and the hose may not be able to stay sealed for that long under that pressure. Replace the hose first, it MUST be done anyway, it's shagged baby. If it doesn't fix it, then keep going, but it has to be replaced. Regards Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#25 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

As above. Start with the known issues.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#26 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

Alex, my apologies, i misread your first post this morning, and it must have missed the Alex filter. You have a unique way in answering questions and i should have picked up on it. :flag_of_truce: im planning to pick one up on the way home tonight. Do you guys think the uec smells like someone is having a bbq when its running thru the car? i noticed it last night and i thought it was mum cooking dinner haha.

Posted Image

#27 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

Can anyone help me out with a VIN Number to order a new part from subaru? They took ages with my vin number before i realised what they were doing and told them it was converted. Would be great :) thanks!

Posted Image

#28 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:02 AM

You're clearly dealing with the wrong Subaru dealer if you're still having to give VIN numbers. But if you ever get stuck need VINs..... eBay is your friend. VINs are posted with cars for sale as a rule. So search for your required year WRX....and voila.

#29 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:31 AM

Brendan, call Subaru and price one of those hoses.. last time I priced one at Subaru they quoted something like $150.. mega rip I used aftermarket ones too :D

#30 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

They are in mossvale Alex, bit behind the times id say ;) and if there $150 ill give the $6 one one ebay a go with free postage.

Posted Image

#31 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

You're clearly dealing with the wrong Subaru dealer if you're still having to give VIN numbers.

Man i get sick of you guys saying this.

I work in Parts. (not at Subaru)

We don't ask for vin's cos were stupid or trying to be annoying, you guy's just don't realise how many variations of a part there is. Quite often it is the only way to define between
It increases the chance of you getting what you need, and we cop it if we get the wrong part in because we didn't check the Vin number.
If it's broke use a cable tie.

#32 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

But the customer is always right :sarcastic: , if we say you don't need the VIN you don't need the VIN! :sarcastic:

#33 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

But the customer is always right :sarcastic: , if we say you don't need the VIN you don't need the VIN! :sarcastic:

:sarcastic: No trust me, the customer is rarely right ;)

#34 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Man i get sick of you guys saying this.

I work in Parts. (not at Subaru)

We don't ask for vin's cos were stupid or trying to be annoying, you guy's just don't realise how many variations of a part there is. Quite often it is the only way to define between
It increases the chance of you getting what you need, and we cop it if we get the wrong part in because we didn't check the Vin number.

Man I get sick of "parts interpreters" who rely on VIN numbers to perform their job.

It grinds my forking gears so much, I'mma gonna get my rant on!

Especially morons who will refuse to serve you solely on the fact that they rely on some forking automated cataloguing system, but they're too lazy to get you the part you want despite you having the correct part number! You're literally spoon feeding their job, actually making it as simple and as painless as possible for the oxygen thief, and he still has the nerve to refuse you service because you don't have a VIN number?

Remember too. All of us who have genuine JDM vehicles. As soon as you give them your true JDM VIN number....You get shut down, and refused service. Get some sort of gutless spiel how Subaru Australia refuse to support Personal Import vehicles.

What about the conversions?

See my point in WHY I REFUSE TO GIVE VIN NUMBERS?

IT'S USELESS in some instances!

I mean, I see the relevance in terms of parts updating midway through model releases, but for fudge's sake.... for common ass consumable parts? You can't tell me there's variation in parts in say.... turbo up pipe and dump pipe gaskets, for example? Oil filters? Sump plug washers?

I got my guy in Penrith (the west sydney lads would know who I'm talking about... ) who understands my situation. From DAY 1 of my interactions with him over ten years ago with my first Subaru, he's never questioned me about my VIN number. I would do my research online in regards as to what part was interchangeable with what AUDM model, and If there was any doubts about compatibility with parts, he would be kind enough to look it up and check catalogues.

It's called customer service. With a smile, and an intention to please the customer.

It's a lost skill nowadays with younger parts interpreters who hide behind a veil of arrogance, irritability, and unhelpfullness, of their true qualities of doubt, uncertainty and lack of knowledge and a lack of experience.

I still refuse to go to chain auto supplies shops, and I support the little guy who still has the old school parts shop and knows exactly what he's (and what I'm) on about!! Even if it's an extra 15-20 km away!

/end rant.

#35 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Gotta admit. Alex has a point. I understand why guys want the VIN number. But its far from the ONLY way to find what you need.
TSM

#36 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

I was told that he could see the part in the system, but needs a vin number to get into it and price it for me. Though i must admit they were helpful and suggested other means of sourcing the part i needed. But it just seems a backwards way to get into the system. I need wrx parts for a non wrx car so how do they help me if i dont have the numbers! they loose my custom because they cant order their own part from their suppliers. Meh i have no opinion either way on the parts guys cos i havent yet had much to do with them!

Posted Image

#37 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Some just follow the "computer says no" routine. While others have half a brain...
TSM

#38 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Sorry parts dudes but im with Alex on this one.... In my experience and this is also the opinion of my dad who has worked/run a workshop for 30 years, it is rare to find a parts interpreter who isn't next to useless.. when you do find a decent one you hold onto them and even go as far as ask for that particular person whenever you order parts. Subaru do not need a VIN to price the part, I know that for fact and have purchased items for my car that are not standard ADM shit such as my brake calipers. Obviously I have not used a VIN for these purchases. Try AMR Subaru Lilyfield.. I get shit there all the time and they are more then helpfull.. one of the dudes there is very knowledgeable

#39 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Nice rant alex. Although i have and example of why a VIN number is often asked for. Porsche Cayenne Wipers Blades: The same from 2003 through to mid production :huh: of the 2008 model. Meaning that if it's an 2008 model, you have to have the VIN number to ensure the correct wiper blades. But yes for most parts all you need is the MY of a car, the problem is many customers only tell you the year it was registered. For example, they will say 2004 because they have bought and registered it in 2004. But what if it's actually an MY03 build, and the part changes from from MY03 to MY04. The customer gets the wrong part then gets angry, and the interpreter cops it. And hey i'm more than happy to order something without a VIN, i'll just say it's not posibble to define 100% which variation of a particular part your after. I get pre-payment and if it's an expensive item or coming from overseas we won't take it back. And please realise that an interpreter can not know everything about every car, yes some are better than others, but seriously a person who works on their own car all the time, will know much more about it than an interpreter who has to find parts for possibly hundreds of different cars. Our subies might be 'special' to us, but really they are just another car. Anyway i guess that my rant :) Now awaiting alex's 2nd rant ;)

#40 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

I've already noted that I do see the necessity of VIN numbers, and I do see your point But the sheer arrogance of some interpreters is beyond me. I've been refused service in the past because I didn't have a VIN number at a Subaru parts dealership. Believe it or not, for an oil filter. He tried to tell me that the oil filters varied between Subarus. I tried to explain to him, that they're all the same with all EJXX motors. He gave me a blank look, and again, asked for a VIN number. You do see how frustrating this can get? /offtopic Fixed your car yet Adam?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users