• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

i went full STI long block transplant as well , who di your conversion if you don't mind me asking ?

Vf35

2.0 or 2.5? What ecu? Who tuned it? AVCS?

MY07 GT spec B

#22 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:F1, MOTO GP.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

I got a full 01 sti 2.0 long block conversion and yes it has AVCS currently tuned by AVO in Melb. Have had cold start issues since the beginning and gets worse in the cold weather. have taken it back to where the conversion was done about 7 weeks ago now trying to sort out why. Once it starts it'll start fine , it's just the initial start in the morn thats the problem. Have changed eveything from plugs ,injectors to ECU and still no joy. If i could go back in time i would have rebuilt my botton end instead..
Nothing left to break .

#23 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

If you have cold start issues, and you have addressed the basics like, Spark plugs, Fuel filter and basic mechanical items, I would put it down to the tune. OR i would test or replace your TPS.. I had the same issue with cold starting being non existent, and car would stall always. Untill i replaced my TPS with a brand spanker. Your setup should drive very well, Im surprised why you dislike it so much.
MY02 Liberty B4

#24 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Throttle Position Sensor hey , proly the only thing that hasn't been changed. Maybe my set up isn't that bad , more perhaps my TT set up was that good. just got off the phone to my mech and he's pulling his hair out also.
Nothing left to break .

#25 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

This is of no help, but whats with Subarus and cold starts? Our n/a is the bloody same. Cranks for a while then fires, after the first start of the day it's fine. I've never really bothered to look into it in detail, as it will always start. It just pisses me off that my old '97 Commodore only needs to be shown the key and it will fire, yet the Subaru takes it time about it.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#26 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Check all the basic things aswell cracka, Air Flow Meter - Give it a clean, check plug condition Throttle Position sensor - Check voltage at rest, WOT and how progressive the voltage change is in relation to throttle position, if the voltage sticks while the butterfly is moving, this will cause an issue. Air leaks: grab a can of carby cleaner and start spraying over the inlet manifold -> block area, over the injectors, throttle body, Intercooler hoses, BOV, just go nuts. If the car idles up, then you have found your leak. Hows your coolant temp sensor aswell? Under the manifold of the cross over pipe, If this is giving a faulty reading, on cold start, this will effect the amount of fuel the ECU injects, Dirty May of gotten into the plug and not reading correctly. Are you running an aftermarket Fuel pressure regulator? As this is another factor aswell.. there are ALOT of Fake SARDS on ebay, and these always fail. There not much else i can help you with without seeing the car infront of me, and seeing your setup. But i hope i can help you :) -Lance
MY02 Liberty B4

#27 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

Still running OEM fuel regulator have checked coolant temp sensor IACV injectors plugs brants alarm IAT sensor TPS cheers
Nothing left to break .

#28 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:51 AM

LOL car is still at mechanics and still no joy
Nothing left to break .

#29 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

Out of sheer desperation i've gone ahead and performed this Brants and the car managed to start 1st go this morning.
I won't hold my breath cause the car has forked with my head in the past so we'll see how it goes the next few days.
Nothing left to break .

#30 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Out of sheer desperation i've gone ahead and performed this Brants and the car managed to start 1st go this morning.
I won't hold my breath cause the car has forked with my head in the past so we'll see how it goes the next few days.

How's the cold start thing going?

#31 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

Definatelynot as bad now the warmer weather is on it's way but now i have an even bigger problem. She's starting to
blow smoke so something is on the way out. Did a compression test myself which came back o.k but a leakdown test
will comfirm that otherwise it's a turbo. So far going single with this engine has been the biggest mistake of my life.
Nothing left to break .

#32 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

Definatelynot as bad now the warmer weather is on it's way but now i have an even bigger problem. She's starting to
blow smoke so something is on the way out. Did a compression test myself which came back o.k but a leakdown test
will comfirm that otherwise it's a turbo. So far going single with this engine has been the biggest mistake of my life.

Thats really disappointing to hear. I was under the impression that single was the best way forward with these cars. I had planned on going that route.

My car sometimes takes a few seconds to start when its cold. Seems to be a Subaru thing. Probably something really simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users