←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Morgan's 2001 (MY02) Subaru Outback

Morgan's Photo Morgan 08 Apr 2011

Sam, these are what I've bought -

T20 (front indicators) - I hope they are the right ones! We'll find out next week.
T10 (side indicators)
Rear bayonets

I probably should put the cups back in but I reeeally can't be bothered!

Looks like high beam globes have simply just blown. Will pick up some new ones tomorrow.

Alex, thanks mate.

I just re-heated the existing goop to seal it back up. The stuff is like tar and there is a heck of a lot of it!!

Alex's Photo Alex 08 Apr 2011

I'm just worried that in water/rain/wet conditions, fogging and condensation would affect it.

The last set of headlight I've shaked and baked, I was forever chasing condensation dramas.

I ended up sealing and resealing them, and it still happened. I ended up drilling fine holes top and bottom, to maintain drainage.

Before shows, I'd get a hairdryer, and dry out each headlight. Worked OK I guess.

That was running through my head the whole time I was doing it and is probably why I kept on putting the whole thing off for so long!

It all feels pretty tight but will be keeping an eye on it

Sam's Photo Sam 08 Apr 2011

Yeah I'm terribly worried about condensation and leaking. It's been raining the past two days and it's still all good inside both headlights. The only downside is the headlight restoration I used didn't work very good. I'll have to buy a new kit and try from scratch.

It really looks sweet Alex and is fairly easy to do if you do it properly and don't get sh1t on the lenses.. Inside or out.

I'll have to grab some of those globes if they're the right ones. Let us know how you go morgs. At the moment I have the orange ones in and it looks exactly how it did befor I baked the lights...

Cheers
Sam

I'm just using the white halogen ones still - looks orange compared to the HIDs!

This is all you need to get the crap off the lenses

Posted Image

Sam's Photo Sam 08 Apr 2011

I'm just using the white halogen ones still - looks orange compared to the HIDs!

This is all you need to get the crap off the lenses

Posted Image

That stuff would have been good had I have used it before I scratched the screen with a scourer. Wasn't even thinking and then the stupid resto kit didn't work properly. Maybe I need to spend more time sanding it with a finer sandpaper?..
I really don't want to have to buy a new front left headlight.

Also hoping the chrome spray works. I don't know who suggested it (maybe nik055) but I hope he's right!
Cheers, sam

Think it was Jase who suggested it.
It should work quite nicely.

Sam's Photo Sam 09 Apr 2011

It should work quite nicely.

Thats it. Sorry for the confusion..

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 09 Apr 2011

Those headlights look amazing. Nice job guys.

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 09 Apr 2011

:)

Looks good Morgs.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 09 Apr 2011

What did you use to seal your lights with?

I use Windscreen Silastic/Urethane - Sikaflex brand in a black tube with red and yellow writing from Bunnings for about $20, or a small toothpaste size black tube with blue and white writing for about $5.
I've done 5 sets of lights and not a drama with any other them using Urethane.

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 09 Apr 2011

Sikaflex is fantastic stuff. used in a lot of panel shops.

If it's full cure, I doubt you'll ever get them apart again!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 13 Apr 2011

Zero orange left on the car.

Chrome globes arrived and installed today

Stock halogen

Posted Image

RHS done - LHS stock

Posted Image

Orange globes - side indicators

Posted Image

Chrome globes

Posted Image

Steveee's Photo Steveee 28 May 2011

Hey do u have the specs for these globes so I don't need to but mine out to find out, and
The side covers, are they mostly like a universal fit? Supercheap auto maybe?

Morgan's Photo Morgan 28 May 2011

Wrote this up in someone elses thread not too long ago

Re globes. I've found a few mobs on ebay who sell chrome globes that flash orange.

T10 wedge style (side indicators)

T20 wedge style (the Rev D/E have these for the front indicators. I think Rev A-C have bayonette style)

Bayonette style with in-line pins (for rear indicators)

Bayonette style with offset pins (for rear indicators - my Outback uses these)

Clear side indicators (You can buy these here or get some off a Foz or Impreza. They all fit

Thanks Morgs

Sorry I lack knowledge in all this, so, the side ones are different fit to F&B and are F&B both same globes??

Morgan's Photo Morgan 28 May 2011

Side, front and back are all diff to each other

Side are small wedge

Front are large wedge

Back are bayonnet

awesome thanks

Steveee's Photo Steveee 02 Jun 2011

Oi Morgs im bout to buy the lights but should i be going for the offset rear ones? Cause i got Gen3 02 H6 OBK so i'd assume that if u needed the offset pins i would too?