#41 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

To run LPG injection you need a double needle roller bearing turbo.

:flag_of_truce: Is this a usual stab at alex's choice in turbo? Or a serious reason?!

Posted Image

#42 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

To run LPG injection you need a double needle roller bearing turbo.

nah, you just need a motor with some displacement, dont think the 2.0 will suffice :)

MY07 GT spec B

#43 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

car has undergone a slight audio upgrade recently.

pioneer sub that was in previous car has been installed into this one, but now running off jaycar 2x150 bridged @ 500wrms.

also installed some kicker splits with some custom spacers thanks to http://www.wrx.com.a...ce_Template.pdf
i had never amped a set of splits until now and had a lot of people recommending this. so they are now hooked up to JL audio 2x80wrms amp tucked under the passenger seat with all new speaker wiring and what a massive difference it is! one slight drama was the crossovers for splits are freaking huge so was unable to mount them inside the doors so they are tucked up inside the dash now.

all in all a good upgrade and quite happy with sound coming out of her now :D

on the performance front next mod will be a grimmspeed 3 port boost solenoid, some nice proven gains to be had here bringing on boost earlier and holding boost to be a bit more stable (less fluctuations) as the stocker doesnt perform as well up in the high boost range. grimmspeed boost solenoids are plug and play but will require some tweaking of the wastegate duty cycle so retune is in order, but luckily its not too much of a pain.

MY07 GT spec B

#44 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Update:

Giving the brakes a bit of an update!

RDA Slotted rotors - very cheap and given a good wrap for track use (this set will only be used for track days)
QFM A1RM - again highly reputable pads for track days with very high temp ratings (780 deg)
Castrol Super response 4 - very underrated fluid, boiling point of 286 deg (compared to the low 300's for your typical motul rbf's, martini's, ap racings etc.

wakefield day coming up should be good fun :)

if anybody needs braking upgrades for any gear let me know as i can get some good pricing on a very large range of gear!

MY07 GT spec B

#45 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Mate just told me today about some QFM pads for a track day,but i've also been reccomended some stoptech street performance ones are you going on monday by any chance?

What can you do me for pads for the RS? I guess their isnt any chance of getting them before monday? :(

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#46 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

E85 would be a good fuel to use if you have it tuned to run on it, with the appropriate fuel pump and injectors to keep up. I've seen guys running big displacement motors use it and make some serious power. I can only imagine it would have its benifits with forced induction. The higher RON would be the first advantage that and the colder intake charge.
TSM

#47 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

E85 would be a good fuel to use if you have it tuned to run on it, with the appropriate fuel pump and injectors to keep up. I've seen guys running big displacement motors use it and make some serious power. I can only imagine it would have its benifits with forced induction. The higher RON would be the first advantage that and the colder intake charge.

i would 100% jump on board with E85, the few bits and pieces you need to chase up to have your be able to run are nothing compared to the gains...

however in wollongong we currently have 0 stations that have it and i havent heard of any that are planning to!!!!

scuba - for track day on the rs? What rotors do you have? i'd start at the HP-X purely because the RS won't be able to get to the higher speeds of a wrx @ wakefield so you could get away with using them.

HP-X are around $75 for a pair and rated to 550 degrees. i have run them on my WRX at marulan and got fade with standard rotors at about the 10min mark (very twisty track though).

great street pad, i would recommend them over ultimates! not as harsh on rotors and 100000x less dust.

a1rm's are a pretty serious pad, but for the money (~$115) they are incredible value. next closest pad with these specs are around $250 a pair!

MY07 GT spec B

#48 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

yeah im taking my rs to wakefield on monday. I just have stock rotors and stock OEM pads, but i'll be changing the pads tomorrow, i hope. Them HP-X's sound pretty good, thanks :)

I have some slotted front rotors on my liberty, i might swap them over to the impreza.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#49 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

It's like... super shiny. :P None of our cars shine like that, even after a quick hand polish. How does one achieve this brilliance?

#50 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

i would 100% jump on board with E85, the few bits and pieces you need to chase up to have your be able to run are nothing compared to the gains...

however in wollongong we currently have 0 stations that have it and i havent heard of any that are planning to!!!!

I'm in exactly the same position. From reports I've read its rated at 109ron!
It would allow me to run some really impressive static compression ratio's. Alas, this country remains in the dark ages.
TSM

#51 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

It's like... super shiny. :P None of our cars shine like that, even after a quick hand polish. How does one achieve this brilliance?

getting a proper detail. i've detailed cars for many years and never using any available product able to get it like that.

once it has been refreshed its only a matter of maintaining it with waxing + washing regularly and using the right products!

edit - also bought some Goodridge braided lines too! now to find a master cylinder stopper!!

MY07 GT spec B

#52 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm in exactly the same position. From reports I've read its rated at 109ron!
It would allow me to run some really impressive static compression ratio's. Alas, this country remains in the dark ages.

sydney is getting quite a few stations, there will be one around 20km from me however for day to day basis its impossible to run it...

i've seen some timing maps for the guys DIY tuning... wouldn't dream of that on pump haha!

MY07 GT spec B

#53 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

sydney is getting quite a few stations, there will be one around 20km from me however for day to day basis its impossible to run it...

i've seen some timing maps for the guys DIY tuning... wouldn't dream of that on pump haha!

I'm waiting for e85 too! The rx is sending me broke!!

Posted Image

#54 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

I'm waiting for e85 too! The rx is sending me broke!!

i'm currently getting betwen 11-13 litres/100km.

MY07 GT spec B

#55 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

I'm averaging 10.5 on the 700kms I do for work a week :(

Posted Image

#56 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

have you set up a low boost map? or use the one thats on there? high gearing doesnt help either though!

MY07 GT spec B

#57 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

The lower boost doesn't really make a difference. Im trying to finish my mini resto now so that I can share the k's :) it's too fun on boost to want to turn it down :P worth the $$ ;)

Posted Image

#58 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

Do the gen3's have a 70ltr tank?
10.5ltr/100km is attrocious for a 2.5ltr four cylinder.
TSM

#59 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Do the gen3's have a 70ltr tank?
10.5ltr/100km is attrocious for a 2.5ltr four cylinder.

haha its a 2.0 turbo with a vf35!

MY07 GT spec B

#60 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Haha, I just seen his post saying it was an RX.
Honestly the NA subaru motors are less efficient then the turbo motors.

10/100, I'd be hoping you're pulling 200-250hp at least.
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users