Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hi Guys,

Im planning on getting this kit on eBay for my low beam in the projectors.

Now im also unhappy with my high beam. And want much more oomph, living out in a rural area with no artificial light and wild life, i want all the help i can get!

Can you guys reccomend an upgrade for high beam, globes? HID? or extra Spotties?

Also, when the light switches from high to low,do you guys get a delay when the HID globes need to heat back up again? Or should i wire them to be on low and high beam?

thanks in advance!

Posted Image

#2 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend HID's in the high beams because they'll be next to useless if you just want to flash them. But out where you live, it'll be fine because you'll turn them on and keep them on, I presume. If you want to play it safe and stick to halogen in your high beam, I recommend the Phillips "+80" bulbs which are the brightest clear (legal) bulbs you can put in. Thats what I have on in my car. Otherwise, you can look into installing auxiliary lighting in the form of spotlights mounted on/in your front bar...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#3 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

bonus is the projectors keep the low beam on while high beam is on also so you will have projector HID along with highbeams i really suggest going and getting the Philips Vision plus (or +80) i same thing i think. They are really really good. if going HID for the high beams, remember you will need to dip them earlier than norm cause they scatter really bad when not used with a projector lens really though just try the vision plus first. but dont buy them until you get the projectors cause they use H1 i think not 100% cant check mine right now... its about a 3-4km hike down the mountain in the snow lol
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#4 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Guys, Already have the projectors, and as they are wired up now the low beam switches off with high beam. But im sure that there would be some way to fix this. Ill give the Phillips globes a go, Saves having 4 ballasts, and i've only seen bad things said by people who have hid high beams! After that ill be looking at spot lights with hid ;) p.s. Damn you and your being at the snow, AND Bragging about it :P but ill be goin down next week :) woo!

Posted Image

#5 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

i really suggest going and getting the Philips Vision plus (or +80)

try the vision plus first.

+1

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#6 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

If your low beam switches off when high beam is activated then theyre wired up wrong. I sold/fitted/wired some HID projectors onto an RX last weekend and wired some projectors into a Legacy GT yesterday. The HIDS were pretty nice, low beam only. If you need a wiring diagram let me know.

OEM+

#7 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

All you need to do is ground on the chassis instead of into the H4 loom. This will replicate the factory setup of low and high-beam on together.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#8 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

i use hids in my hi beams and they work a treat there are 2 guys on liberty.asn that sell them that where wqe all get them from one in sydney and the other is in melbourne they sell good quality at a nvery good price. the sydney guy also does leds for every light in your car aswell. shane

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#9 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

Thanks Guys, Im going to go with HID Low/+80 High. But first im going to wire them up right!! Ill have a look tonight and see how its all done, Its been cut and soldiered to the plug e.t.c. by the p.o. so im not sure whats going on. But if i cant work it out Expect more qustions :P Shane, Whats the name of the guy who does the HID kits in sydney? (joined liberty.asn) Ill send him a p.m. :)

Posted Image

#10 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Take a good quality pic of the wiring and I'll have a shot at explaining what you need to do. I wouldn't order the HID kit until you've tried the high beam with them wired up right, the lighting is much better.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#11 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

hey luke, you wanna do mine for me??

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#12 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Be happy to Aek, it's pretty easy. Does your car actually drive yet though? :P

#13 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

haha that's neither her nor there Luke ;) the legacy will be back on the road by the weekend i wanna put a set in the projectors on legacy and the liberty

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#14 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

Well if you're up this way (or I'm down your way for some strange reason) I'd be happy to wire em up. It's only fair since I stole your exhaust I guess :sarcastic:

#15 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Take a good quality pic of the wiring and I'll have a shot at explaining what you need to do. I wouldn't order the HID kit until you've tried the high beam with them wired up right, the lighting is much better.

Hey mate, heres a snap of the passanger side wiring! I tried to figure it out but im brain dead from a day at work!

Posted Image

Thanks for any help!

Probably still get HIDs but high beam might be better after i fix the lights!

Posted Image

#16 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

Also, My next question is, the range of prices for the HIDs are amazing. Is there a major difference in what you get for price?

Posted Image

#17 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

My $90 ones are awesome

IM47Gcv.jpg

#18 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

do you get alot of people flashing e.t.c. because of the brightness? Im torn with getting them or not! Im like this with everything i buy!

Posted Image

#19 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

auto leccy wired up the headlights when i was 16 and had the car ;) i hadn't started my electrical apprenticeship yet!

MY07 GT spec B

#20 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

do you get alot of people flashing e.t.c. because of the brightness?

Im torn with getting them or not! Im like this with everything i buy!

You've got projectors so you shouldn't have any problems at all if they're aimed down a little bit. I know I certainly haven't.

The only time it would irritate other drivers is when going over hills due to there being no automatic leveling system like in cars with factory HID's.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users