• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Ground the yellow/black wire (looking at the back of the plug with the clip on top, it's the bottom left wire) on the chassis. No doubt it's current plugged into the top hole of the H4 plug.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#22 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Ground the yellow/black wire (looking at the back of the plug with the clip on top, it's the bottom left wire) on the chassis. No doubt it's current plugged into the top hole of the H4 plug.

Thanks mate, to confirm, is that instead of it going into the plug, or out of the plug and then earthed. if that makes sense?..

There is no H4 plug anymore, its gooonnneee

And Alex, not pointing fingers :) just stating i dunno the history of what was done :)

Posted Image

#23 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Ah, I see. Well where it's soldered to where the loom USED to be, cut it/unsolder it and ground it on the chassis - on the headlights side, not the wiring that goes back into the car side ;)

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#24 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

Cheers!!

Posted Image

#25 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

I get a few flashes but i dont have projectors.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#26 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Just an update on this for what its worth, and to close off the thread (almost)

I fixed the wiring thanks to the gurus, and now have all lights on on high beam.

I also installed 4300K HIDs into the projectors, and damn they make a difference to the lighting, its a much nicer light! Havent tested them with high beams or anything yet out on my roads yet but will soon.

And i also ordered some Phillips Extreme Power +80s for the high beams. I got them from eBay in the UK for half the cost of what it would have cost me here. Hopefully they turn up in working order.

So once its all in, ill report back on both "mods" for anyone who is interested.

(i finally got off my lazy ass and did it ;) )

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users