←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Shiv's Outback H6 Luxury 3.0L

Zac's Photo Zac 08 Sep 2013

Looks awesome dude! So clean too... but not for long obviously... LOL!

Where do you do all this epic driving?

Shiv's Photo Shiv 08 Sep 2013

Looks awesome dude! So clean too... but not for long obviously... LOL!

Where do you do all this epic driving?

Thanks Zac,

Lots of places, but I find myself in the Blue Mountains the most. Lots of interesting terrain there, and there's always a treat for you at the end of the track if you're lucky enough to make it to the lookouts. Central Coast is pretty good too, more for the 4WD'ing than sightseeing.

Zac's Photo Zac 08 Sep 2013

Mountains hey? Cool... up the road from me.. :)

Except I won't even begin to think about taking on the terrain in my B4... LOL!

Could be good for bushwalking though... little streams are awesome...

Robert's Photo Robert 08 Sep 2013

Thanks Zac,

Lots of places, but I find myself in the Blue Mountains the most. Lots of interesting terrain there, and there's always a treat for you at the end of the track if you're lucky enough to make it to the lookouts. Central Coast is pretty good too, more for the 4WD'ing than sightseeing.

There's a couple good lookouts in the watagans

not the best photo but shows the view, we took the long way from jilliby to heaton was about 80 kms one way if i can remember correctly.

140gmww.jpg

Morgan's Photo Morgan 08 Sep 2013

Nice, Shiv!

What did you use for the tail light tinting?

Samwise's Photo Samwise 08 Sep 2013

Nice, Shiv!

It looks like a Legacy one. Factory tinted..

Shiv's Photo Shiv 08 Sep 2013

Nice, Shiv!

That spray on stuff...Nightshades. About 1-coat +  a bit extra.

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 09 Sep 2013

Shiv,

As I have said before, I LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH THIS CAR!!!!

Guest_KONG_* 09 Sep 2013

It's great how you hit the dirt and yet it looks so clean and shiny.

We met and spoke briefly at that last Hooters meet and I was impressed how detailed the car was then. By its appearance I would never have guessed it regularly gets taken off road.

So cool!

Shiv's Photo Shiv 09 Sep 2013

Thanks guys,

Yup, it goes from one extreme to another!

Thank God for the self-service car wash over on Parramatta Rd:

fjs9.jpg

They love me over there, haha.....

Shiv's Photo Shiv 26 Oct 2013

Damn. It sold. My Gen3 Outback sold :(

After 3-years of the best motoring experiences of my life, today I said goodbye to my trusty Gen3 Outback H6. What a cracker of a car its been. So reliable, so distinct and a really good drive. Some really awesome memories for me and my family thanks to it....a really hard act to follow for the Gen4 Outback 3.0R I picked up just this arvo. I could go on a trip down memory lane, but I'll save it for another time!

The new owners are absolutely thrilled with it, and I couldn't be happier for them. They're a young couple from Austria. 6-months in Australia, currently living in Bondi Beach and enjoying the Aussie lifestyle. They plan on completing a trip around Australia going to the Outback. They also cannot wait to get a little dirt on it and go for camping trips in National Parks.

To conclude, here are a few photos taken from the advert showing the car in its final form:

w56t.jpg

rlgm.jpg

sngo.jpg

bidk.jpg

x8xb.jpg

byem.jpg

kvjw.jpg

agbe.jpg

m3mb.jpg

3b8z.jpg

rd65.jpg

reuy.jpg

f8w2.jpg

tqw6.jpg

3l4m.jpg

Now I've got myself a Gen4 Outback 3.0R Premium. No pictures because its night time and pic I took came out shit. But what a nice drive it is :) Looking forward to seeing what it can do!

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 26 Oct 2013

Dude, I can't believe how quickly it sold!!!

HURRY UP AND POST PICS OF NEW CAR!!!!!

Shiv's Photo Shiv 26 Oct 2013

Dude, I can't believe how quickly it sold!!!

HURRY UP AND POST PICS OF NEW CAR!!!!!

Likewise, I'm pretty happy it sold this fast. Its a nervous time waiting for your car to sell so you can go ahead and buy another. Gen4 Outback's tend to sell much faster so I did not want to miss out on the one I ended up buying.

I'll get some pics tomorrow because I only got it home this evening and the only pic I have is too dark.

Its an MY08 3.0R Premium. Diamond Grey metallic. Its a very nice drive. There's not much differentiation between Outback and Liberty with the Gen4 so its pretty much like all the 3.0R Spec B's and GTB's - Si-Drive, paddle shifters, McIntosh sound etc etc.

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 26 Oct 2013

Less talky more piccy! :P

Look forward to the new thread.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 26 Oct 2013

Congrats on the sale, mate. I'm positive the new owners will absolutely love their new car and it's great that they're going to continue to use it to it's full potential.

Looking forward to seeing the new beast and what you do with it.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 26 Oct 2013

Awesome sale and fantastic new ride by the sounds of it mate! Keen to see a new build topic posted up shortly. ;)

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 27 Oct 2013

Shiv,

Pics.

Stat.

Well done mate, sounds like an awesome car.

And in the best colour too.

I would be interested to see the differences between your and mine as I have never really checked out the OBK.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 27 Oct 2013

Now I've got myself a Gen4 Outback 3.0R Premium. No pictures because its night time and pic I took came out shit. But what a nice drive it is :) Looking forward to seeing what it can do!

WELCOME ALONG!

:D

Shiv's Photo Shiv 01 Dec 2014

Seriously tempted to buy my old car back:

http://www.carsales....7/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

Its got a dent on its arse but that's only cosmetic. Its a good price as well (considering they bought it off me for nearly double what they're asking). 

You know when you can afford to do something, but you really shouldn't? That's the dilemma I'm facing....

hoff's Photo hoff 01 Dec 2014

Haha such a good buy for that price.