30 replies to this topic

#1 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Finally after a year of ownership had the Lib tuned by Paul @ Pulse Racing.

So far it is a massive improvement. Same story as others, VOD greatly reduced, but still there. Boost comes on earlier, more boost on secondary, pinging improved (not sure how much yet, will hook up laptop in a few days), etc, etc. All the standard stuff really. Only other mods are 2.5 in TBE and walbro FP. Had the car dynoed @ Port Hacking at a WRX club dyno day earlier in the year and came out at 124kw atw, pretty much the same as what the Pulse dyno said.

No hassles with Pulse, Paul was suprisingly friendly for a tuner. Answered all my questions and all that shit.

Now all I have to do is go back to the exhaust place and get them to throw another resonator in as they only put 1 in and it's too loud and drones a bit. But will explain that better in my exhaust thread. <_<

KW and boost

Posted Image

KW and torque

Posted Image

Cheers,

Trent

#2 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

Nice one.

#3 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

NOOOOOOOOO YOU HAS MORE POWAHZ THEN ME ZOMG!!! ahaha ah.

In all seriousness though bro that looks good - I am rocking the Pulse special and I am really happy with it so far.

Mine 'Made' 179kw or whatever it was but I have no upgraded FP or Exhaust.
I found Paul to be terrific - very friendly and happy to answer anything, I interrogated him for about 30 mins one day haha.

#4 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

nice result.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Pretty decent job.
Now to see how it goes for detonation.

Its not so much VOD now as it is a flat spot. That'd do my head in personally :P
TSM

#6 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

You don't feel it.

#7 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

I don't get why their are so many VOD player haters out there.. to be honest the VOD was the best part of owning the B4..

when you thumped the throttle people were amazed by the pull.. then BANG! the 2nd turbo kicks in and people used to just go silent waiting for you to back off the throttle!..

i miss VOD.. single turbot sucks.

get your car retuned and make the VOD longer! so it catches people by more of a suprise! lol

#8 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

I don't get why their are so many VOD player haters out there.. to be honest the VOD was the best part of owning the B4..

when you thumped the throttle people were amazed by the pull.. then BANG! the 2nd turbo kicks in and people used to just go silent waiting for you to back off the throttle!..

get your car retuned and make the VOD longer! so it catches people by more of a suprise! lol

Bahahahaha, the funnest bit was givin someone else a drive and watching them panicing trying to change gears just after the 2nd kicked.

#9 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Bahahahaha, the funnest bit was givin someone else a drive and watching them panicing trying to change gears just after the 2nd kicked.

See! you know what i mean..

the only bad side was, when you shifted at 5500rpm, and you hit it right in the middle of the dead-spot... You sit there yelling "hurry the F*** up you sl** bit** who** mother fu***!!!!!!" as the toyota carolla you were racing speeds past you.. (untill the secondary kicks in again)

#10 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

See! you know what i mean..

the only bad side was, when you shifted at 5500rpm, and you hit it right in the middle of the dead-spot... You sit there yelling "hurry the F*** up you sl** bit** who** mother fu***!!!!!!" as the toyota carolla you were racing speeds past you.. (untill the secondary kicks in again)

Hahaha, I think every B4 owner knows what you mean (whether they admit it or not is another story).

#11 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

You need a bigger single if thats the case
TSM

#12 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

I will admit it hahaha... LAG central. but I don't often make that mistake - generally I can get the gear changes ok so that she stays on boost.

#13 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

there is always that 1 time.. when you need it most!

#14 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

single baby, single...

Stuff goes here

#15 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Great result, is this just an ECU reflash or piggyback?

#16 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

Great result, is this just an ECU reflash or piggyback?

Reflash of ecu.

Gave it a bit of a go this arvo and the secondary actually has some go now! Apart from a little flat spot at changeover it feels pretty linear.

#17 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

You don't need a piggy backwih OBDII complaint vehicles.

Infact most OEM PCM's are better then the aftermarket.
(given the majority of cars aren't spastic)
TSM

#18 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Little bit of related trivia while I think of it:

When shopping for tuners went to see JEM in ingelburn. They do OS reflashes so I thought I'd see if they could talk to my car and see what they had to say as ALOT of people in the wrx club have nothing but good things to say about them. Found out that they couldn't tune it, but they didn't believe me when I said that B4s ping out of the factory. Basically told me that either it's been modified and and not tuned, or some such rubbish like that. They reckon that no car pings out of the factory and i don know what I'm talking about.

I lol'd and left at that point. I'm not bagging them, just amazed that a place that works with so many subis knows so little about TTs.

#19 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

The B4 has always been obne of those cars..

due to the fact that there isn't many on the roads at all, and most drivers that bought them were geriatric, no one bothered to ever tune them or fiddle..

Once they hit the 2nd hand market is when the younger guys got a hold of them and now modifying..

The B4 has always been obne of those cars..

due to the fact that there isn't many on the roads at all, and most drivers that bought them were geriatric, no one bothered to ever tune them or fiddle..

Once they hit the 2nd hand market is when the younger guys got a hold of them and now modifying..

#20 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Even still, that's fairly crap on behalf of that business. The B4 is too an extent a performance Subaru. So they should have even a basic understanding of them.
As for no car having detonation from the factory. That's cause enough to run as far as you can. The B4 isn't the only car to have the problem. It's just the worst for it. On a hot day My SS would ping like a biatch with the standard tune. So, yeah. Don't go there in a hurry.
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users