23 replies to this topic

#21 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

I have the cable, but have not tested it as I don't drive the car often enough and end up just leaving it on the radio! Will get around to it eventually. I don't actually own an iPod or anything at the moment, just my phone.

#22 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Just bumping this to let you know I tried out the cable on my MY03 B4 finally and it was a fail. It would work briefly and then go back to just saying SYS, it also prevented the radio from turning on when you turn on the ignition - you had to press ON/OFF to get it back. I'll probably hang onto it though for the eventual Gen4 which is what most people use it with.

FM transmitter it is :P

#23 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

I've got a basic audio jack cable connecting my iPod, it connects in the centre console of the foz, but to be honest best solutions I've seen are USB cable tucked from back of stereo under entire centre console and exits near cup holders. All other cables I'm afraid will ruin my stereo.

#24 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

Yeah its the CeNet on this system, slightly different to the Gen4's. There is a hacky way of doing it using the other round plug on the back, but I cbf, I don't want to damage the head unit which other than iPod connectivity I really like. I picked up a FM transmitter because I was pretty happy with the way my sisters one works. Just one of those Griffin things, lets you charge via the tomtom cable too which is neat :P I also use that to charge my phone.

Other than that there is the cassette deck, but I'd rather FM over that lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users