Photo

Depressed/Suicidal/Psycho Brother, what to do?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

100% agree wiv u Mav, it's good Pete can open up on here :) U kno we got ur back. It is good 2 get things off ur chest, letting it out helps so much, trust. And thats no troubles about sharing abit about myself, even my closest friends duno that about me but I felt it was something this thread needed 2 hear. I kno its not exactly like Pete's bros issues but somewhat a similar.
Posted Image

#22 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

Pete, I'll be another person to tell you that if you need to chat, or have any questions, you have my number :) And as said, we've become somewhat of a closeknit bunch :)

#23 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Pete - there should be recources avalible from your GP. There certainly was when I went through depression (in saying I went through it, I had to 'harden up' a bit cos I simply could not afford the medication anymore. I sure I would still be on them if I was better off financialy. Cold turkey off anti depressants is not good) If you and your family strongly believe he is at risk of commiting suicide, get him into observed care or what ever they call it these day. (http://www.suicidepr...eoneAtRisk.aspx)

Stuff goes here

#24 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:21 AM

Pete - there should be recources avalible from your GP. There certainly was when I went through depression (in saying I went through it, I had to 'harden up' a bit cos I simply could not afford the medication anymore. I sure I would still be on them if I was better off financialy. Cold turkey off anti depressants is not good)

If you and your family strongly believe he is at risk of commiting suicide, get him into observed care or what ever they call it these day. (http://www.suicidepr...eoneAtRisk.aspx)

:( Man, cold turkey off anti's is DEF not good.. r u doing ok considering? :(
Posted Image

#25 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:49 AM

yeah, im good these days :)

Stuff goes here

#26 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:05 AM

Pete mate, sorry to hear that your bro is not in a good way. Itr's a shame that when people are like this that they don't realise that they aren't just hurting themselves. I've seen this a few times before myself and it's not fun at all. As harsh as this may seem, it's time for you and your family to take action in the form of an intervention. Get some heavies from a hospital or police from the drug/alcohol unit to come over when he's out, then when he gets home tell him that you all love him but it's time for him to go off to rehab and he's not coming out until he's better. He really need professional help, not some random doctor stating the obvious to a fragile mind.

#27 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

sorry to hear about your situation pete....hope things work out for you and your family in the future

#28 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:F1, MOTO GP.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:29 AM

sometimes all the love and good will in the world just doesn't cut it, sometimes just makes things worse i'm afraid. either have him committed or cut him loose and let things run their course if your afraid for your own selves. sometimes you just have to stop trying to help and let people make the decision for themselves. nothin else seems to be working, tuff spot to be in .
Nothing left to break .

#29 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Good luck with it mate, hope it all works out to be ok, :D I have had mates etc in these situations and it can be a scary thing. Good that you were able to get it off your chest and ask for help :D

#30 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Police were called in to his house just before (probably by neighbours), and some mental institute people. Well they didn't catch him being aggressive, so absolutely nothing can be done. What a joke of a system. They said unless someone is harmed they're powerless.

#31 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

Police were called in to his house just before (probably by neighbours), and some mental institute people. Well they didn't catch him being aggressive, so absolutely nothing can be done. What a joke of a system. They said unless someone is harmed they're powerless.

What?

what happened? did your bro go back home?

#32 WeeGraeme

WeeGraeme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:2010 Subaru Outback Diesel

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

Well they didn't catch him being aggressive, so absolutely nothing can be done. What a joke of a system. They said unless someone is harmed they're powerless.

Hi, Pete.

That's the system everywhere. It can be frustrating, but it's a safeguard. Imagine what could happen without it. If someone disliked you, they could spin some yarn to the authorities who would then come on their sayso and take you away, even though you were perfectly well.

I sent you a pm with some suggestions.

#33 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

Pete, keep your head high, if you be positive around him and encourage him he may catch along. Focus on the good things in life. Take him out somewhere he likes to go, have some fun.. bowling or paintball etc..
MY02 Liberty B4

#34 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

Yeh - it's a f**ked up system. U hear shocking stories about women in domestic abuse situations where pretty much unless someone is killed - there's nothing they can do about it.
Fukt up.
:(
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users