• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

Update, the closed deck block and the crank came out fine and are all ready to be picked up tomorrow from the engine recon guy :) moving forward hehe
Posted Image

#22 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

good to hear mate!

ps: haha shaz, trying to spruik that ej25 to anyone who'll listen

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#23 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

One thing with the CD'd 2ltr block. You'll be able to force a **** load of boost into it. Provided the bores aren't thin.
TSM

#24 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

One thing with the CD'd 2ltr block. You'll be able to force a **** load of boost into it. Provided the bores aren't thin.

F-yeah i would, Don't worry about the bores, still as thick as :P

good to hear mate!

ps: haha shaz, trying to spruik that ej25 to anyone who'll listen

Haha well each to their own i suppose, should make a a bit of touque when he's done :P
Posted Image

#25 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

what internals are you going to use?
TSM

#26 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

what internals are you going to use?

Still deciding atm but i want to use wiseco forged pistons, and maybe arego rods, but im open to opions :P
Posted Image

#27 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

Ok long time no update, but have 1 now, heads and cams are back and all the valves and stems and..pretty much everything was replaced :P, all I need to do now is sort out my pistons and rods, now I'm thinking about using my current 1s because I don't think I can hold off much longer driving a non turbo FWD lol and I don't really have a lot of cash to throw at it, so depending that they are fine( is anyone knows anyone who can test pistons and rods) should be cool, plus I'm not looking for a massive power figure just wanted a bit of reliability and strength :P plus I may be back on the road faster :)
Posted Image

#28 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

i've got a couple ej25 turbo blocks here if anyones keen :)

MY07 GT spec B

#29 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

i've got a couple ej25 turbo blocks here if anyones keen :)

Be more interested if it was a short motor ;) thinking of an upgrade soon.

Posted Image

#30 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Be more interested if it was a short motor ;) thinking of an upgrade soon.

it is a short motor.

block, pistons, rods, crank

MY07 GT spec B

#31 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

stock bottom end isn't worth putting back together.
TSM

#32 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

stock bottom end isn't worth putting back together.

theres nothing wrong with the crank and rods, you'd only need to change the out the bearings and pistons to suit.

MY07 GT spec B

#33 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

theres nothing wrong with the crank and rods, you'd only need to change the out the bearings and pistons to suit.

So would that be fine then??
Posted Image

#34 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

UPDATE: got this message from my mate who is helping me out with the build
"Your block is confirmed by Dougie, 92mm closed deck after machining you lucky bastard. Can i have it back now??? :lol: Got your price on pistons from Subaru :roll: , looks like your going forged CP :lol: , you will save yourself 1 gorilla."

So all I need a little bit more cash and I should be good lol
Posted Image

#35 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

ok been a while but as of last sunday ALL DONE!! at the moment im up to 420km on my run in...gonna drop her at 500 to see if there is any shavings...fingers crossed there isnt lol, but here is what i missed on telling you guys :P

I brought myself some JE forged pistons for her, as a piston Ive heard good news from them
Posted Image
to the left is the JE forged piston and to the right is a Subaru v6 STI piston, as a joke i got a price from Subaru.... $1500 for the set of 4 and that's with out rings and gudgeon pins!!!! those cost me about $500

next on my list was rods...now at the time i was hearing alot of bad things with eagle, not saying their bad but was keen to look around....ended up with a brand called SCAT, their from California and let me tell Ive never held a forged piston before that day and OMG it felt solid!! :P about $460
Posted Image
Posted Image
to the right is the SCAT rod and the STI 1 to the left,

now while i was saving up for the put together and bearings and head studs and that, i decided to repaint my inlet as for a 11 year old car it was chipping and looking poo :( and also decided to paint another important item while i was at it

Posted Image

now a few months past and parts like oil pump water pump,Perrin intake pipe(thanks dan from car mods australia for the intake pipe :P)
Posted Image

Posted Image

also added a few extras like a turbo blanket and thermal spaces :)

also new vacuum hoses where needed, then the big day came
everything in the back of the foz and off to Brisbane motor balancing for the work to be done, i had pics of the block with the pistons and that in...but i think i may have deleted them by accident....but i think my mate who helped me with everything has a few...might score them off him
Posted Image

all parts in the foz and off she went.....

$400 for the block put together and $450 for everything put together...heads timing...ect

Posted Image
at the workshop
Posted Image
at home

after i got her home had a few things to do before i put her back in...a few bolts to find...lines to the turbo ect. had my mate jesse give me a hand with a few things.....we dropped her in and we were then ready for the hard road of plugging everything in
Posted Image

then after hours of frustration for 3 days we were done :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuSf9mJYKJM&feature=g-upl

so over all including the work on the block and parts and labor...i worked out it is roughly a $3500 build that is pretty much a bullet proof engine, only thing was it took me 9 months to get back...but i had a spare car to use in the mean time(which was lucky...now after run in might have my hands on a computer for tuning and then i do the waiting game on gearbox cause..before i add alot more power to it i want to strengthen everything else, think its the safe way to go.then comes the fun mods :P
Posted Image

#36 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

P.S. that video of us starting the engine...the dump pipe wasn't on properly and didn't have a gasket on.....sounded AWESOME but legally i needed 1 and also for some back pressure of course :P
Posted Image

#37 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

Congrats on the successful rebuild.

How good is it doing it yourself?

#38 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

thanks mate, yeah it does feel good...and my wallet even tho i did it still feels empty but all you need is a few mates with a bit of know how (and prefably the same car so u can use it as a cheat sheet...thanks jesse ;) ) andit's easy done :)
Posted Image

#39 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

Good work!

Be embarking this trip myself soon!

Posted Image

#40 548ARU

548ARU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Good work!

Be embarking this trip myself soon!

nice work...well if i can give any advice there are a few things i recommende

1. BAG AND TAG IS VERY IMPORTANT, and maybe even tag things in the engine bay to what goes where on the engine.....might make things easier...also take alot of photo's of it before u pull it out
2.dont rush it....the second u rush it it will go pear shape and your back to square 1......i admit i rushed a few things while putting it in....and i had to take a few things off to fix them....but you get that lol
and 3. when u do wanna do it....call a few subie club guys around (pref someone who has a engine crane....if not multi hire around my place does it for $60 for day hire) and maybe put on a BBQ and your sweet :P

what sort of build are u doing?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users