32 replies to this topic

#1 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Gents,

I know there is random pics in the Picture Dump thread, but i figured it would be better to have an actual thread for it.

My timeline;

- Ford KB Laser Turbo (First Car)
- RB Gemini (With milo tin exhaust tip)
- TG Gemini
- TF Gemini
- VH Commodore V8 253

- KE 11 Corolla (with KE70 engine, twin webbers, converted myself)
Posted Image
Posted Image

- GZ20 Soarer (With manual 1JZ, converted myself, Lexus badge was ****, but had holes in boot. Didnt put it on myself)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

- MZ20 Soarer (Ex-HPI Car, 2JZGTE, never got around to fitting new engine)

- VP SS BT1 Ex-Chaser w/ 355 stroker, 5 spd)

- R33 Skyline Series 2 (Basic Mods)
Attached File  HMA533_1.jpg   52.81KB   8 downloads
Attached File  HMA533_4.jpg   52.54KB   4 downloads
Attached File  HMA533_5.jpg   55.01KB   2 downloads

- Subaru Lib Wagon Heritage (Current)

Lets see what you've had!!!

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#2 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

I thought yours was a outback shaz?

Anyway..
1989 ford telstar
1993 gx lib
1999 rx bilstein
1997 rx bilstein
Refer intro thread for more info lol
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#3 Guest_Jesse_*

Guest_Jesse_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

'86 Magna, me and Dad rebuilt the engine as it had seized, spent alot of time on it then didn't want it anymore. Gave it to Mum before I ever registered it and bought my Lib instead.

'94 Subaru Liberty LX.

The day I brought it home, stock as a rock-Posted Image

How it looked just before I sold it. Lowered, tinted, UEL headers, 2 1/4 inch cat back, oval muffler, RX front bar and foggies, colour coded mirrors and side strips, Meshed the front grill. Posted Image
Posted Image

My current car-98 Legacy RS-B Clone- Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers, Jesse

#4 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

- 1987 1.3L Toyota Carola Hatch, Toilet Blue : 1.6L heads / 1.6L Carby Jetted / Custom ground Cam, headers, etc..

- 1988 VL Calais 5.0L White over Silver - Stroked, jetted carby, cams, heads, 4 inch straight through exhaust with a punched cat and high flow muffler, pacemaker extractors, 3:4:5 Diff gears LSD, Manual valve body 3 speed auto, shift light etc etc

- 1991 Nissan Pulsar 1.6L White - Stocker whilst searching for a car.

- 2003 Subaru Liberty B4 2.0L Turbot Silver - ECU, exhaust, clutch, bov, CAI, lowered, white-walled, vented discs, gauges, HID's, LED's etc etc..

- 2004 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 2.4L Gunmetal Grey - err.. nothing.

- 2005 Subaru Liberty GT Premium pack Weird Blue. - err.. nothing YET. (resonectomy and HID's so far)

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

What sort of cam and heads did the VL have?

4" exhaust - why?
TSM

#6 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

Crow Cam - can't remember the grind though.. it used to sound like it was going to stall, then all of a sudden jump up to about 1100rpm, best sound EVER.

4" inch piping, well, I know it was over-kill, but the fact you could hear me from the next suburb was my ultimate goal.. it was achieved

heads - VN SS alloy heads.

I can't talk about this anymore, it's too painful, almost bringing a tear to my eye.

#7 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

Who told you a 4" exhaust was a good idea?
Would have lost a fair whack of torque.

What sort of carb did it have?
TSM

#8 Jordan

Jordan

Jordyshore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

I like your Skyline Shazza:)

Jordan - MY02 Forester GT - Sydney

#9 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

Well my car list is pretty lame. All of them have pretty much been stock apart from wheels and exhausts on a couple...i had no interest in modifying cars until I got my Liberty and signed up to my first car forum.

Me and my mate Rory inherited an old 70’s volvo wagon from his brother when we were maybe 15. Neither of us had our licences so we’d just drive it up and down our street or take it into the park and do doughnuts. We ended up cutting off the roof with an angle grinder, painted flames on it and made a “rally circuit” in the park. It met a tree head on and that was pretty much it.

TE Gemini – Maroon with white interior. I never even really got to drive it except in the park near my folks house for skids. I bought it off a mate but coz I was still on my L’s he’d drive it around if we ever had to go anywhere. It broke down about 2 weeks after I bought at the exit of the Sydney Harbour tunnel. We took the plates off it and never spoke of it again

1996 Honda Prelude. I got this as a company car when I used to work in North Sydney. Auto, sunroof, mags it was great. My girlfriend at the time thought it was awesome as it was a 2 door “sports” car. I’m sure she stayed with me partly for my personality but mainly for the car. I’d pick her up from TAFE while her friends waited for the bus. I bought it from work when I left then sold it to a chic who flew over from Perth to collect it. Last I heard she was driving it home so I guess she either made it or didn’t...

The I had a 1992 Audi 90 Sport. 2.3L 5 cylinder. Sports exhaust, sunroof, all power options, mags. Had a bit of a habit to understeer under any cornering conditions. To counter I’d turn in earlier to encourage oversteer. Many 180’s later I decided to move on.

Posted Image

Enter an MY98 Subaru Liberty Heritage. I was originally looking for a gen 3 RX and had test driven a maroon sedan that I was about to sign on the dotted line for. I decided to go check out one more and it ended up being the one I bought. The owner actually listed it as a MY00 Liberty by mistake in his ad but as soon as I saw it I knew that it was the one. For me the gen 2 styling was like a sudden epiphany. It had the momo steering wheel, full leather interior etc etc. It’s gone from stock as a rock to what it is now. 10 million different n/a exhaust’s fitted, countless rims and legacy garnish conversion. Then did turbo conversion. From built engine, after market engine management and custom fuel system and all in between, apart from a roll cage it’s pretty much a track ready race car lol. More details can be found in my build thread on this site...i still own this and the legacy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I then had a string of part time and loaners. As many of you know the unicorn hasn't been the most reliable car. To get me through the rough patches there have been many fillers.

Toyota Corolla
Subaru Liberty Gen 3
Toyota Avalon
Toyota Prado
Mitsubishi Starwagon
Peugeot 306

After a that run of part timers was the 2001 Holden Vectra. This was a good car until it started getting some electrical problems which forced me to sell it. If they didn’t play up I’d still have this as a daily I reckon. Power everything, sunroof, mags, lowered, exhaust. 2.3. Nice and zippy for my commute across the city everyday for work. I sold it to one of the guys who works in our warehouse so still get to see it everyday. His mrs has dinged, scratched and gutter rashed the hell out of it. It’s actually sad to see coz it was a decent little goer when they bought it from me.

Posted Image

Then there was the Rav 4. I loved the Toyota Rav 4. Blue two tone, auto, sunroof, power everything, 4wd. Could drive over stuff, on stuff, off road. Had a little bull bar as well so could nudge stuff. She was good stuff.

Posted Image

I moved from the fun loving beach girl to the inner west mobster. “CHO” the Merc tank. This was a loaner from Frank that I had for 6 months or so. So easy to drive, leather and wood everywhere. Actually deceivingly fast as well (I’m not saying STI quick but quicker than I expected so don’t get it twisted). Suspension was like riding on a cloud.

Posted Image

THEN THERE WAS MY DRIFT MACHINE, THE QUATTRO TOYOTA HIACE!!! Not much can be said about the van except maybe...SKIDS (Dylan can vouch for the Vans drifting prowess). I also got high from exhaust fumes in the cabin. So much win.

Posted Image

Sherpa v1.0 and Sherpa v1.1 . My little head turners. What can be said about these little beauties. Sports pin striping, removable sun roof, ash tray, am radio, 600cc 2 cylinders of fury!! I actually did a rexnet track day at wakefield in one of the beasts. Put rims, exhaust, 5% tints and stereo in one of them. I’ve had more people come up to me and say sick car more than all of my other cars put together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The one problem with the Sherpa’s was that neither of them had working windscreen wipers and the demist “function” didn’t work. It was only as I had concerns for my own safety that I reluctantly sold them and moved into the Legacy GT. I’ve never liked wagons but since owning this I’ve come to love them. Only a few subtle mods on this guys. More details can be found in my build thread on this site...

Posted Image

Posted Image

so now i'm left with the Liberty and the Legacy.

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#10 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

First and only car thus far.
It think it's pretty good for a first!

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#11 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

I think it's pretty good for a first!

Yeap!!! damn good for a first imo .my lib's my 2nd..

First:

'89 Mazda 323
Cost me 275 bucks.. Worth every cent with the fun i had with it!

Posted Image Posted Image

Current: (:)) Nov '99 RX 'Berty'
Posted Image

#12 Start

Start

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

First car =
EB-II Falcon (P Plater)
Posted Image
Result.

Second Car =
Posted Image
MY98 Liberty Heritage (now Turbo)

Future Car =
Posted Image

In b4 Scott fill's the thread with 100 cars.

#13 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

Wow! What happened with the EB?
Tell us the story here

IM47Gcv.jpg

#14 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

1977 XC Fairmont coupe V8:

4 sp toploader with Hurst shifter
9" disc brake diff 3.00:1
Lovells springs and bars, Koni shockers
2.5" single zorst and perry headers
7" & 8" 12 slots with 235 & 245 Yokohama 509 tyres
1989 Honda 'Graphite Grey' metallic paint

plus factory options:
Full instrument dash
Power windows
Power steering
Air Condish
Long range tank (128lit)

Pic here.

1980 TE gemimi wagon
1.8 lit block taken out to 1870cc(approx) decked 0.020" and 'O' ringed (0.005" deck height)
Polished crank
Fully grooved main bearings
Resized and shot peened rods
Flat top pistons (fly cut to allow for valves)
Moly rings
Full balance (including clutch and balancer)
1.6 lit big valve head
Chamber volume matched
Valve seats blended to ports
Port matched intake and exhaust
Intake manifold modified (larger carby pad) to accept 32/36 DGV Webber downdraft carb
Crow cam (forgot the specs but not wild, just grunty) set at 2deg advance.
4-2-1 headers, 2" zorst

other stuff:
5 speed box (rebuilt)
13" Hotwire mags with 205 Sumitomo tyres
Tinted windows
Air cond
Central locking
Commodore seats
3 row radiator
Additional power supply system for non std electrics

Had it 16 years and used to pull 7500+ rpm every time I drove it.
Never missed a beat.
Body fell apart (stress fractures) so I sold it.

a couple of motor bikes, one was a modded 1985 RZ350R

1979 TC Gemini

Yellow n13 Pulsar

White AR Telstar

plus the mighty VS wagon I have now.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#15 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

This, my first love:
Posted Image

and then this:
Posted Image

Hell yeah both cars have my first and last name. Although in the wrong order...

#16 camoshop

camoshop

camoshop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Art, Tattoos, Bicycles, Cars

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

1977 ford cortina , its still rusting way in my dads shed :P

1980 280E merc

1989 ford telstar TX5 turbo

1996 KLX 250

1989 ZXR 600

1983 230E merc

CURRENT MY98 gen 2 liberty heritage

#17 camoshop

camoshop

camoshop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Art, Tattoos, Bicycles, Cars

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

My current car-98 Legacy RS-B Clone-
[

Cheers, Jesse

nice is that mirror tint??

best colour in a gen2 too :P mines pretty much that colour its been resprayed though slightly different

#18 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

Car number 1
Posted Image

Car number 2
Posted Image

Car number 3 (current)
Posted Image

Car number 4
Posted Image

Ended badly

Posted Image

Car number 5 (current)

Posted Image

Car number 6 (current)

Posted Image

IM47Gcv.jpg

#19 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

Heres my rides. I havent had many.

I started out the old family 1973 Diesel Golf. Had to use a special button under the dash to start it, as the key iginition was broken. Was a very fun car but I got sick of being so slow.

I then decided to get a loan from the bank (never again)!!! I wanted to buy a Ute, but ended up buying a Honda Prelude BB4. Great car, and wouldnt have sold it but decided to move overseas. My parents bought it off me and they still have it. Completely original engine and gearbox and everything else and has 400,000kms still going strong.

Posted Image

When in Japan, I decided I wanted an FD. Following a love for them that I had for the shape for many years. Fantastic car and will buy one again. My Fd had a complete GT-Concept bodykit and lots of quality parts. It used to scare the crap out me :)

Posted Image

When I sold my FD, I had planned on buying another FD, and while having a look at one at a local dealership, I noticed a nice looking Subaru Legacy for half the price and great condition. I figured I would try something different and bought it on the spot. Has been a pleasure owning a wagon with a bit of go but still practical. I do miss the low down grunt of the FD but I think I will be much more content with the Legacy when its got a few more mods. :)

Posted Image

Just thought after I wrote these down. I have owned a RWD, FWD, AWD, and a Boxer, Rotary, Piston engine :)

#20 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

That's a nice looking Leggy, mate.
I want monsooooons!!

IM47Gcv.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic