32 replies to this topic

#21 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Dude.

How come you don't have a build thread for your legacy?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#22 Grant

Grant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

First car-
1991 Hyundai Lantra, black with blue pearl, 2.25" full exhaust with extractors, 16" wheels, autocrapnica steering wheel and shift knob, sheepskin seat covers, mad rear wing and sideskirts, hektik subwoofer, lowenharde suspension, doors that didn't open, trims that fell off, windows that wouldn't stay up, and more rice than you could poke a stick at. Didn't service it the whole time a had it, then valves hit pistons and she was off to the wreckers :P

Second car-
1997 GX Lib, rare FWD B) , auto, big arse 18" chromies brah, stock apart from that.

Posted Image

Third and current car-
On my full license for 2 weeks and bought my 1st turbo car, was in love with the RS's ever since I found out they existed and wanted one oh so bad. Read my build thread for mods, there's a fair few.
Day after I bought it:

Posted Image

How it sits now:

Posted Image

Cheers, Grant

#23 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Love the old school look of the white one above :)

That's a nice looking Leggy, mate.
I want monsooooons!!

Thanks mate. Yeah I was admiring the monsoons tonight. Monsoons would go well with your fenders I reckon :)

Dude.

How come you don't have a build thread for your legacy?

Not sure, might give it a go now, thanks mate. :drinks:

#24 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

Meh I'm only 20, and was totally carless for a while aswell. I drive what ever I get my hands on, and whatever my parents/siblings company car is. My actually owned list is very small. Fark it, when you have nice cars at your disposal, why buy one.

Here it is;

GEN II Liberty. Fark all mods, just alloys and shiz.

Swapped brother for a MY05 Impreza RS for a bit. OOR500. Exhaust, thats it. Chyeah. Brother drives it again now.

Then this (the only car I was cocky enough to take pictures of)
Holden SV6. 20". Leather Int. Zorst.
http://sphotos.ak.fb...5_4764328_n.jpg

And my fav
Honda EG Civic
The OMFG pr0jakt Hundahz.
Stockish now.
Installing built B16 later this year.
Looks like this.
http://t1.gstatic.co...dcqlamJ_rFOM7GQ

I WANT TO SEE PICS OF ALL THE OLDER GUYS RIDES. SCAN THEM OR SOMETHING.

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#25 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

I've had a few cars, despite only being mid twenties.

1st - 81 Mazda 323 sedan, silver. Was a beast of a car. Some slight work on the engine (removing a lot of emission crap like EGR probes etc), a bit of a tune up etc and it would happy as larry do burnouts in second gear from the N/A 1.5L. Dont ask how, I could never repeat it with any other car. Must have been a wednesday motor.

Rolled the mazda (easy slow bend at 80kmh on a ball bearing dirt road, nothing serious, but wrote the car. Lack of driving experience, I'd had my P's for about 6 months) after doing an engine swap 3 months earlier . Like for like engine swap, cam chain got so slack that the hydraulic tensioner fell into the block (dad thought that motor had a good 400 thou on it, with no major servicing). Good night nurse. Have pics, but will post up in the wrecked car thread when I get a chance.

Bought an 84 Laser hatch and then proceeded to put all my running gear into it over 3 days. Original motor had coolant leaks and a suspected head gasket gone when I bought it, and the gearbox was missing a mount. It was easier to just change them over rather than fix. Sold it for 600 bucks more than what I paid for it, but I put a lot of work into it making it problem free.

Also had a second 82 Laser hatch ghia 1.5L auto I had stashed for parts if I ever damaged the mazda (and after the laser) in any way. Once I sold the Laser, this got turned into a rally car. It lasted about 6 hours with us beating the crap out of it before I smacked a rock and took a chunk out of the auto trans case. It slowly lost the upper gears till it suddenly wouldnt go. End of story, towed to the tip.

Bought an 88 R31 5spd of my brother. untold thousands of dollars later, initially on mods, then just fixing stuff as it broke. Suspension, wheels, small intake mods, exhaust, etc. All bolt on stuff. Handled like it was on rails, could give the RX a run for its money through the hills, despite being 12 years older. Took 50 seconds to go from stand still to off the clock. Still regret selling that car. Its since been stolen and torched 3 owners after me by some delinquents in adelaide somewhere...

Bought a little early 80s BMW 323 2 door from dad for a bit of a cheap run about. Had cooling issues in the roxby summer, so got rid of it and decided to keep the R31.
On a side note, If you can find a quality example of one of these, get it. Dad initially bought it for my sister for her first car, but after taking it for a drive decided against it because it was too fast. I could see his point after I bought it, the damn thing was a bullet.

After a while, bought the red gen 3 RX that I still have today. Sold the 31 not long after. A few things here and there, but nothing massive. Wheels, bilstiens, spotties, etc. Once I replace the steering rack and change the tyres, it will be up for sale. Pics are around here somewhere I think.

Then, the B4. Please see the build thread. This has gone from stock to seriously fiddled in 4 years. Soon to be a track car.

I'm sure theres been another one or 2 in there somewhere, I just cant recall what they were. They're the memorable ones though. I agree with Oscar5 - Pics of the old cars stat! They sound like very nice pieces of engineering.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#26 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

My List goes:

1985 Toyota Camry with all the mod cons (AC/Power Windows).

Grandpa Style 1994 Mazda 626, at least it was a six banger!

Then came my first 'real car':
MY02 B4 also known as 'Chuck' B) It was a weapon in comparison.

Now my Current Rides:
1990 Ford Laser 1.6 carby pooooowwwerrrr :nea: Also known as 'Betty'
And then there's 'Ralph', Blue MY08 GTB with only a few minor mods.
If it's broke use a cable tie.

#27 Marv

Marv

Rapist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

My car history:

First car: 1975 HJ GTS Monaro. It lives near me and it's now ruined :(
Posted Image

Second car: 1984 Peugeot 505 STI (freebie from parents, perfect for parking at the station all day)

Third car: 1978 UC Torana. Original paint, lotsa mods. Ugly, but handled great and had a surprising amount of go :)
Posted Image

Fourth car: 2002 SP20 Mazda Astina, bought new. Sold after 12months as I was doing too many km through work

Fifth car: 1994 VR Exec. 5L/5MT was looking for an E30 BMW over Xmas break after selling the Arse-tina, but couldn't find a good one. Almost bought an RS Lib instead, but ended up with this thing, which we called "Skiddy McSkiddentron" due to its proficiency at laying 11s on the road. I dusted something like 11 diffs in 4 months in this thing :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sixth car: 1989 E30 325i. Too much time and money went into this one. Shouldn't have sold it, but I did.
Posted Image

Seventh car: 1993 Subaru RS Liberty. Wanted a grey sedan with ABS & a sunroof, and stupidly I bought this one which was the worst RS in Oz.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Eighth car: 1994 Subaru GX Liberty. $2k worth as a runabout. Due to a mortgage I had down down-grade. Epic beater was epic, though
Posted Image

Ninth car: 1993 RS Liberty wagon - read about it in my build thread ;)
Pork Hunt Motorsport

Posted Image

#28 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

My very first car at 17... which I lasted for less than a month before the hecktic yullehs decided to go on a rampage one night torch a few VL in the neighbourhood

Posted Image

My 2nd car that was a hand me down from my aunty which was an absolute lemon... replaced about 4 driveshafts in the whole year I had it...

Posted Image

Posted Image

My 3rd car which was also a hand me down from my mum... Still runs today with over 350XXX burns just as much oil as fuel though :sarcastic:

From day one...

Posted Image

To this:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then finally got rid of to my brothers mate and bought the lib...

Posted Image

And now...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

I had an 1800 Touring Wagon as my first car, nice little car :D

Then went to the B4.

I would post pic but I can't be bothered, y'all know what boring as batshit B4's look like anyway.

#30 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

Fourth car: 2002 SP20 Mazda Astina, bought new.

Yeeeew

IM47Gcv.jpg

#31 xSMOKEx

xSMOKEx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:cars cars and um more cars

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

cars ive had

in order

Ford XE falcon 6cyl sedan
Mods
2.5inch exhuast str8 thrue
350 holly
dubble valve springs
4 speed convert

Ford KE Laser turbo
do not remember was completly riced lol

Ford XF falcon sedan
2.5inch exhuast
tuned extractors
350 holly
dubble valve springs
9inch diff-377 diff gears
mini spool
manual

Ford XD falcon
393 Stroker with sc113 supercharger
1100 dominiator carb
hi rise revtech manifold
3inch twin exhuast
tuned and flowed extractors
triple valve springs
port and polished heads
heat sink stage 5 solid cam
knife edge crank
act rods and bearings
custom made push rods
msd ignition system
9inch diff minispool 411 diff gears
c4 gearbox
4700 rpm stally
B&M shift kit
90ltr racing drop tank
holy blue fuel pump
upgraded suspansion
methanol/water injection

to many more to list lol put it this way
i lost my licence for 3 years in this car in under 8 months

and now a

Subaru liberty 1992 Gx with a ej20 g turbo conversion and mods
with rs bonnet
Posted Image

#32 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thats a nice sweet starting list you have Marv!

My list

1st: 1989 Holden VN Commordore Berlina, stock as a rock besides a small stereo upgrade and interceptors (not my car in pic, but looks the same as when I got it)

Posted Image

2nd: 1999 Holden VT Commodore Belina, was also stock besides a slightly bigger stereo upgrade

Posted Image

3rd and current ride: 2002 MY02 Liberty B4, was stock when purchased, has since had windows tinted, Turbo back exhaust, ECU tune, stereo upgrade
and 18" CS9 wheels (courtesy of mark CRUSIN)

Posted Image
Posted Image

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#33 burgs

burgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

My cars:

First car was a Blue 2002 323 Protege with the normal ricey additions a 17YO puts on it, I thrashed that car like any fresh P Plater does, we sold it off after 18 months and I got my brothers which was more or less the same but Silver.

My second car was Silver 2003 323, again I riced it out again and it finished up like this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

My next car was my first taste of the Subaru world, when I brought a White MY05 3R Spec B manual and fitted it with some asthetic goodies, it was a fun car but lacked the tuning potential I was looking for:
Posted Image
Posted Image

After the Liberty I decided it was time to find something which I could play with a little, so I brought a WR Blue MY07 WRX fitted a 3" TBE Back Exhaust, had it Tuned by Autotech Engineering, fitted some Eibach Springs on it, the normal Whiteline handling goodies, Carbon Front Lip and some 18" Work Emotions.

It was a fun little car but the Liberty I owned before hand was a better overall car and I really missed the class it had:
Posted Image
Posted Image

After having the Rex for 18 months, I was missing the refinement of the Liberty and wanted to try something a little different so I decided to buy a Manual Silver MY08 MK V GTI Manual, which I intially fitted some 19" Audi RS4 Replica's on, later replaced them with some Wed Sport Style 18" DTM Wheels, Bilstein PSS Coilovers, 3" Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust and had it tuned by GIAC.

It was an awesome all round car, but after nearly 3 years ownership I decided to put it on the market as I wanted to free some cash up to make way for my first house purchase, being something a little different I decided to take it down to a big VW Car Show in Melbourne and try to get some interest from an enthusiest down there, sadly I never had a chance to enter the show as the car was written off a freak storm with the car Hydralocking in flood waters:

On the 19s
Posted Image

On the 18s
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Current Beast, MY99 WRX Hatch 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, APS Top Mount, APS Cold Air Intake, Tuned by MSR, BC BR Coilovers and MY02 17" WRX Wheels:

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users