573 replies to this topic

#21 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

oh ok well those kiwi's are fearless bastards then arent they lol...

hahahaaa indeed sir lmao

its not really about being fearless.

there's literally nowhere to hit your head on!

have you been to NZ?

#22 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

I went in 2007 with school. Loved it, been wantin to go back ever since. Bought a boat and wakeboard for summer and love it. Was planning a nz trip with mates this year but they pulled out. So looks like i'll be staying local to do it. I too wanna start my own collection of gear. Where should i look at?

Dude my last NZ trip was with some english chick I picked up 2months previous, just me and her went over and had a blast, don't need a hoarde of mates, just lodge into a backpackers and make some new ones, female preferably ;)

I went straight to boarding cos I loved skating as a kid, only had time for one trip last yr for a weekend when we were posted near ACT. That was my second Aus snow expedition, seriously NZ is way cheaper so go there more often.

My mates are more serious than me, I think I told some of you before, but yeah internationally (other than NZ) Canada is the place to be, then Japan, Nevada ain't too bad (get to stop at LA or San Fran on way to Nevadea usually), Europe is exxy, got 2 friends living in diff parts of Euro atm, they say it's stupidly priced, over packed, and pretty shite, dunno if thats Swiss or French Alps.

NZ is soooo farken cheap, and Qtown didn't get hit by earthquake. Plus NZ have awesome night skiing, and the best vibe, I love going there....

Also; hit up dogfunk.com

Also Also; Alex you haver the best car for Qtown...haha that thing would be at home with some boards strapped to the roof.

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#23 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

its not really about being fearless.

there's literally nowhere to hit your head on!

have you been to NZ?

oh lol
..yes i have. but it was a **** year, literally not an ounce of snow in qtown or wanaka... so rocks did appear.. but its not a matter of debree, u can fall and whiplash ur head backwards into the ground and if its not really soft, damage can easily occur --hold on, are or aren't u saying that we shuldnt wear helmets? only in nz? lol..

OH and anyone heard/seen (on youtube) the Beanie's N Bikini's show???? that is fcukin hot! hahahaa

Cast your eyes to this::::: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky3M2kyFKyk&feature=related

...34 and 66 are my picks hahaha

#24 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

i'm heading to perisher with a few mates on the 1st of july, getting a house in jindy... i've got a ride fleetwood with ex series bindings. nearly have a complete collection of gear need a set of boots now!

MY07 GT spec B

#25 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

I got a Palmer Saga R Board, Flow 5 Bindings and some DC boots, and a fair collection of Clothing now too.. so good when you dont have to hire stuff..

also just for comparison.. the gear i bought.. AU vs US sale price..

Palmer Saga board $600+ / $150
Bindings $280+ / $80
Boots (ok i got them brand spankers from Ebay $50 but i was lucky) i would reccomend buying boots here, or at least test fit them here and then buy the same ones online.
Jackets, pants etc etc, less than 1/2 price from the US but i did get my best pair of pants from a Quicksilver outlet here for only $90.. went back recently.. same ones are now $380..

i only went for some cheap stuff as i was only starting out.. but now i have got the bug.. i plan on buying some better boots (without laces cause my wrist is buggered i cant do them up tight enough) and maybe some new gloves/wrist guards, take it from me... dont board without wrist guards... i literally just fell over trying to unclip from the bindings before the lift and now almost a year on.. my wrist is still ****** and i have to have surgery and bone graft to get it right.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#26 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

Riding is farken awesome!

I’ve been snowboarding since 1994 and before that i’d skied since I 1984 (first got on snow when I was 4 years old).

Last year was the first year I haven’t got on snow since 84 which was a real shame but the mortgage and stuff was holding me back a bit.

Been all over the world riding from Switzerland, France, USA, Canada and NZ. Hoping to get to Japan next year.

When we first left school we’d rent out a house in Jindabyne for the season between 15 or so of us and just ride as much as we could.

Once I was a full time worker I was a season pass holder at thredbo for a few years and did the Friday night mission EVERY weekend of the season, come back Sunday night, back at work Monday. It’s a long 3 months!!

We’ve got a house down at Jindy this season for 2 weeks (first two weeks of August) so that’ll be sick to get back down for a that long. Be able to do a few days on an day off and few days etc on which will be good on the old body.

We’re also doing boot camp at Perisher this year for a 10 days and our international team is also coming out to shoot for the new catalogue so I’m hoping to get around a month on snow this season

I got more gear than I know what to do with. 4 full set ups, two venue’s (155 and 158) and two thirty two boards (152 rocker and a 158 camber), drake bindings (1 x MLB, 2 x DTM’s and 1 x Matix) all around. The Thirty Two boards are both brand new so can’t wait to get them on snow to see how they go. Ones a skate banana and I’ve never ridden a camber board before to very interested to see how it feels. I have boxes and boxes of outerwear. Most don’t fit me anymore coz I’m old and fat now lol. All of it’s great gear as well, four square, westbeach, rpm, volcom, special blend, forum etc. Should maybe sell some of it off as i’m never gonna fit it again. I got Thirty Two head to toe this year as we’re making full outerwear now. Also got boots (all Thirty Two) coming outta the proverbial...probably got 6 pairs of used boots with flex for 4/10 to 9/10 and three new box fresh pairs for this season. I used BOA’s for the first time in NZ two seasons ago and was actually pretty happy with them. This year we have a new technology called Fast Track which is similar to the BOA system but offers more adjustability and is less likely to have problems like BOA does due to less moving parts.

If anyones a size 9US and needs boots hit me up coz I got so many that I’m never gonna wear again. Sell them at a REALLY CHEAP price too. They’re all high end. I got things like Ultra Lights and TM2’s that were $550+ retail that I’ve only used for maybe 6 days riding max. I think there’s a pair of 2 x Lashed ($450rrp) Ultra Lights ($600rrp) TM2 ($580rrp) Prospect BOA ($550rrp) Focus BOA ($500rrp) and a couple more (I’ll check tonight).

Also might as well sell some outerwear so I’ll some of that up tonight. From memory Four Square Jacket, Volcom Jacket, Special Blend Jacket, West Beach Jacket, RPM Jacket (used for only 2 weeks), RPM Jacket (New) 2 x RPM pants (new), WFO pants, Special Blend Pants, Four Square Pants, Volcom Pants, Burton Pants.

I also got heaps of goggles that I don’t really need any more. Most are used for a week or so, some are brand new. All are Spy Optic (1 pair is Dragon). I’ll go through them tonight and list them up. I know there are a few colours of Omega’s, Soldiers, Zed’s and maybe a pair or two of Apollo’s. Again these are top of the line goggles RRP from $180-$350

ps: Alexxx i'm still looking into those boards for you. The guys need to do a stock take and stuff so i'll let you know as soon as i hear they're good to go

pps: HELMETS ARE FOR *****'S

ppps: If anyone wants any gear from:

www.thirtytwo.com - boots and outerwear

or

www.spyoptic.com - goggles / sunglasses

let me know. i can get it for wholesale (50% off retails). i can also get venue/drake boards and bindings but it's proving to be a bit of a chore at the moment so i'll keep you posted.

Check out Stale Sandbech's online part:

http://vimeo.com/15366710

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#27 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

we got a new vid dropping later in the year. The vid is called AMMO and it feature only our amateur team riders...

check out the first trailer here:

signature_1_35.jpg

#28 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

good read :) love the idea of renting a house! how much does it generally cost to do that in jindy mate? thats a shitload of snow time for one season, sounds awesome as!

lol not a helmet fan???

very interested in a thirtytwo jacket.. the Siloh 2.0 -either the blue or purple. ..how much wuld that be at wholesale man? :)
and probably a t-shirt or two as well! i like two of em so yeahh
OH and i need gloves.. i dont have any at all for this season due to various fcuk ups lol... know anywhere where i culd get em cheap? :)

we got a new vid dropping later in the year. The vid is called AMMO and it feature only our amateur team riders...

check out the first trailer here:

-wait, so ur affiliated with what company in some way!?! lol

#29 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Aek is the man.

Back when me and my mates used to frequent the skate park, we used to dream about one day being sponsored or just working for a skate/bmx/snow board brand, just rock up to work, head to toe in free sponsor gear, go skate whenevs.....those were the dreams...Aek lives it.

The furtherest we got was free shoes off the local shop, and some tee's. And our skate crew logo being painted up in a council mural...that was sweet, only 4-5 of us but we were well known enough for the council to acknowledge us as legit.

/end teenage reminiscing

Those are some dope brands there Aek. Be hitting you up when it looks like I'll see some powder.

#30 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

good read :) love the idea of renting a house! how much does it generally cost to do that in jindy mate? thats a shitload of snow time for one season, sounds awesome as!

lol not a helmet fan???

very interested in a thirtytwo jacket.. the Siloh 2.0 -either the blue or purple. ..how much wuld that be at wholesale man? :)
and probably a t-shirt or two as well! i like two of em so yeahh
OH and i need gloves.. i dont have any at all for this season due to various fcuk ups lol... know anywhere where i culd get em cheap? :)

-wait, so ur affiliated with what company in some way!?! lol

Man i can't remember how much the house was. we had it for 4 seasons in a row of it though. that would have been 1997-2001 so prices have probably changed a bit since then as well. We had a jar on the fridge and anyone extra that came down had to put $20 per night in there, provide a case of beer and bring food which worked out well.

What size pants/jacket you are mate?

I might have gloves as well. i got two pairs of new Bakoda's somewhere that i've never used.

I work for Soletech who own Etnies, 'eS, Emerica and Thirty Two. We're also the Australian Importer for Spy Optics.

Ok well i can see why guys riding super pipe, triple kinkers or 70ft booters wear helmets but i look at every second guy on the mountain with them and just think why don't they man up. If someone turned up to the skatepark wearing a helmet to skate the 2ft ledge they would get laughed out of there. if you wore a helmet to skate down to the 7-11 for milk and the newspaper you’d get laughed at. Same applies to the snow IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against people protecting themselves from injury and I don’t hate on people who wear them but I honestly think it’s overkill, especially when they wouldn’t be so cautious in there normal lives...

That being said, my mate is the Bern Helmets agent for Australia and business is good. Noob dollars helped him pay off his unit in just over four years...

Aek is the man.

Back when me and my mates used to frequent the skate park, we used to dream about one day being sponsored or just working for a skate/bmx/snow board brand, just rock up to work, head to toe in free sponsor gear, go skate whenevs.....those were the dreams...Aek lives it.

The furtherest we got was free shoes off the local shop, and some tee's. And our skate crew logo being painted up in a council mural...that was sweet, only 4-5 of us but we were well known enough for the council to acknowledge us as legit.

/end teenage reminiscing

Those are some dope brands there Aek. Be hitting you up when it looks like I'll see some powder.

Haha nice one mate! What shop did you guys hang at??

signature_1_35.jpg

#31 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Haha nice one mate! What shop did you guys hang at??

Just some independent one up here in Bris, must've gone bust cos haven't heard much about it, I remember they used to give us some jive ass brand of shoes....we always wanted the fallens or new dc's, but it was some weird number brand, not 32...not zero...but something. That's 5yrs ago though, not much skating for me these days :( .

#32 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

Also might as well sell some outerwear so I’ll some of that up tonight. From memory Four Square Jacket, Volcom Jacket, Special Blend Jacket, West Beach Jacket, RPM Jacket (used for only 2 weeks), RPM Jacket (New) 2 x RPM pants (new), WFO pants, Special Blend Pants, Four Square Pants, Volcom Pants, Burton Pants.

ps: Alexxx i'm still looking into those boards for you. The guys need to do a stock take and stuff so i'll let you know as soon as i hear they're good to go

pps: HELMETS ARE FOR *****'S

ppps: If anyone wants any gear from:

www.thirtytwo.com - boots and outerwear

or

www.spyoptic.com - goggles / sunglasses

let me know. i can get it for wholesale (50% off retails). i can also get venue/drake boards and bindings but it's proving to be a bit of a chore at the moment so i'll keep you posted.

legend. thanks mate. keen on some outwear too!

ps. my helmet quite possibly saved my life.

MY07 GT spec B

#33 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

http://www.vimeo.com/21924792

Posted Image

signature_1_35.jpg

#34 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

http://snowboarding....s-slam-montage/

signature_1_35.jpg

#35 2003rx

2003rx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hey mate, i been snowboarding for 10 years straight now, i go at least 15 days a year. Im going to be at perisher heaaaapss this season and PS how good do suby's and snowboarding go together !!

legend. thanks mate. keen on some outwear too!

ps. my helmet quite possibly saved my life.

Yep, until you start hitting 40ft + booters and steel rails..you really do have no idea how vulnerable your head is to some seriously bad injuries.
EJ25

#36 2003rx

2003rx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

Also, im selling this:
2010 Nitro Team Gullwing 157.
Attached File  2011-04-24 15.30.50.jpg   69.76KB   7 downloads

Absolutely amazing board, however its a bit too big for me :( Im asking for around $275 but price is slightly negotiable.
Its just had a full tune, p-tex and rail sharpen.
EJ25

#37 2003rx

2003rx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

PM Me if your interested in the board
EJ25

#38 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

So i started going through my gear today. Here's what i've got so far.

Spy Optic "Omega" Goggles.

Black/Grey/Red - Bronze Lens w/ Gold Mirror

Price - $50 (RRP - $220)

Posted Image

Black/Cool Grey - Persimmon Lens

Price - $50 (RRP - $180)

Posted Image

Gold/Black - Bronze Lens w/ Gold Mirror

Price - $50 (RRP - $220)

Posted Image

Spy Optic "Omega" Spare Lens.

Persimmon

Price - $20 ($10 with any Omega frame) - (RRP - $70)

Posted Image

Spy Optic "ZED" Goggles (BRAND NEW)

Candy Stripe - Bronze w/ Silver Mirror (the flash went through the lens but in real life they have a full silver reflective mirror)

Price - $80 (RRP - $160)

Posted Image

Spy Optic "Soldier" Goggles (BRAND NEW)

Black/Grey Pinstripe - Grey Lens w/ Silver Lens

Price - $100 (RRP - $220)

Posted Image

Spy Optic "Apollo" Goggles (BRAND NEW)

Black Stallion - Bronze Lens w/ Silver Mirror

Price - $130 (RRP - $260)

Posted Image

Bern Helmet* (Used once)

Size: Large

Price - $80

Posted Image

* I can get more of these in other sizes and colours so let me know if your looking for something specific.

Thirty Two "86 FT" Boots (BRAND NEW)

Burgundy/Black

Size 9US

Price - $150 (RRP - $350)

Posted Image

Thirty Two "Focus BOA" Boots (only been worn for about 6hrs on snow)

Black/Green/Silver

Size 9US

Price - $100 (RRP - $390)

Posted Image

Thirty Two "Ultralight" Boots

Silver

Size 9US

Price - $100 (RRP $549)

Posted Image

Thirty Two Shell Jacket

Blue/Purple

Price - $100 (RRP - $180)

Posted Image

RPM Jacket (BRAND NEW)

White/Grey Forest

Size Large

Price $150 (RRP $280)

Posted Image

RPM Pants (BRAND NEW)

Grey/Black

Size Large

Price $150 (RRP $250)

Posted Image

RPM Jacket

Black/Grey

Size X-Large

Price $150 (RRP $320)

Posted Image

RPM Pants (BRAND NEW)

Black/Grey

Size Large

Price $150 (RRP $280)

Posted Image

Four Square Jacket

Black

Size Large

Price $80

Posted Image

Four Square Pants

Black

Size Large

Price $80

Posted Image

Four Square Jacket

Grey/Blue/yellow

Size Large

Price $80

Posted Image

Volcom Jacket

Navy

Size Large

Price - $80

Posted Image

Bonfire Pants

Denim

Size Large

Price - $80

Posted Image

Bonfire Pants

Black

Size Large

Price - $80

Posted Image

signature_1_35.jpg

#39 KaizenJay

KaizenJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Went back when i was 17, been meaning to hit the slopes again but i am scared i may have turned back to noob status.

I miss the snow... :(

#40 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

View on Vimeo

View on Vimeo

Like Powder?? Niseko...