40 replies to this topic

#1 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

I just bought some new(ish) CDs: - Dragonforce (Ultra Beatdown) - As I Lay Dying (an ocean between us) - Slipknot (All Hope Is Gone) and - The Agony Scene (Get Damned) yet to listen through them all... but so far i've found that: - Slipknot sounds the same as it always did... - Dragonforce music seem to be getting happier but seems to retain some riffs similar to older stuff - As I Lay Dying is pretty good, though i didn't really listen to much of their older stuff so have nothing to compare it to... and - The Agony Scene is still awesome... what do you guys think...? also, what are you listening to currently, what new albums have you bought recently and what do you think about them...?

2mmwi1w.jpg

#2 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

are you like... emo?

#3 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

Its good that Slipknot sound the same. If they changed it wouldn't be Slipknot. Dunno who the f*ck the other bunch of queers you listed are. Currently listenting to: The living end: Roll on. <--- Classic Australian band/album.
TSM

#4 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

lol i just got the latest butterfly effect album... and the one before that was the ministry sessions.. my music taste is all over the place...
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

my music taste is all over the place...

i can relate to that...

in my car is ministry of sound annual 08, and hard-style sessions...

and at work i tend to listen to either ABC classic FM (orchestras and shiz)

i also tend to listen to nova 96.9 alot when driving, so i know most of the modern stuff...

but alot of the stuff that i listen to is quite heavy such as parkway drive and i killed the prom queen... :D

so i guess i like a little of everything then...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#6 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

I'm currently listening to ARMIN VAN BUUREN - A STATE OF TRANCE EPISODE 350!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hour set, with DJ Shah, M.I.K.E., Markus Schulz, and the man himself , ARMIN.

Seriously, I can sleep, work, root, relax, and geddup and dance to trance I LOVE it.

I got my music turned up so loud my neighbours must be a little peeved at me :)

I wish AU didn't suck so much for trance:

http://au.youtube.co...feature=related
http://au.youtube.co...h?v=nIHU3fCkjGA

#7 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

in my car is ministry of sound annual 08, and hard-style sessions...

I get all the Clubbers Guide/Chillout/Annual albums, thems my favourites.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

MOS is mainstream rubbish nowdays IMO.

Bring on the old MOS annuals with:

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=k9Xtvj_JVSM
http://au.youtube.co...h?v=yoSJw6rgq5s

#9 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

i got em all on my ipod, which is usually with me most times... hey has anyone heard the controversy over the new metallica album?? apparently the version released on guitar hero, sounds better than the actual album realease!! wtf is up with that.. *watching chanel v as we speak*
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

well i dont have access to itunes atm as dad just changed form windows to linuex and hasnt grabbed the music yet :(. But ive been thrashing you tube and in the last week have listened to at home: -RATM today -Some old metallica stuff -Hendrix -Velvet Revolver and Gn'R been listening to the new metallica album in the car (which is a mates and wouldnt bother buying it) for the last week as well. i dont listen to much new stuff or techno, rap hippidy hop etc. Old stuff for me all the way which is weird for a 17 year old lol. I guess it stems from my many years of guitaring

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#11 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:01 PM

Haha, just shows an appreciation for decent music Ash. I can't come at Techno. I can make that stuff on my PC... Haven't heard the new Metalica album. The name was dumb so I didn't bother with it :). I might go buy that Led Zeppelin album with Kashmir on it tomorrow. I used to have it on my PC, but lost it ages ago.
TSM

#12 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

Favourite radio stations are WSFM (classic hits) and Vega (classic hits + new stuff). I tend to listen to them in the car when I'm driving during the day time and there are no annoying talk-shows to listen to. I love dance music. I have pretty much every MOS album from the past year or two. I like trance also. Although I only listen to compilations rather than artist albums. Not a fan of hardcore trance/electro though.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#13 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

MOS is mainstream rubbish nowdays IMO.

has been for many many many years.

Grabbed Carl Cox umm, global 2007 a month or two ago. Released by MOS and is SHITE

Mixed Live 2nd Session Area 2, Detroit, Moonshine Music <-- this one is well hard and so is Mixed Live: Crobar Nightclub, Chicago

Stuff goes here

#14 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Favourite radio stations are WSFM (classic hits) and Vega (classic hits + new stuff). I tend to listen to them in the car when I'm driving during the day time and there are no annoying talk-shows to listen to.

I love dance music. I have pretty much every MOS album from the past year or two. I like trance also. Although I only listen to compilations rather than artist albums. Not a fan of hardcore trance/electro though.

Damn son. Next you'll be saying you listen to MIX ahaha

#15 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

mix is great!

I was listening to Zeppelin this morning on the way to work but I listen to all sorts of stuff really...

From Zeppelin, The Who, Hendrix to The Herd, Kataylist, Blackstar to Metallica, GNR’s, Iron Maiden

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#16 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:08 PM

LOOOVEEESONGGG DEDICATIONSSS bwahaha
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#17 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

For those with internetz at their work, fire up http://1.fm they have a heap of different radio stations streamed from the US, minimal ad's.

Its usually what I listen to during the day.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#18 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Haha, just shows an appreciation for decent music Ash.
I can't come at Techno. I can make that stuff on my PC...

Haven't heard the new Metalica album. The name was dumb so I didn't bother with it :).
I might go buy that Led Zeppelin album with Kashmir on it tomorrow. I used to have it on my PC, but lost it ages ago.

with out the old stuff we wouldnt have half of the new stuff so i guess you've got to show appreciation for it.

the new Metalica albums is good but i wouldnt buy it. its a lot like the old albums, like Justice, Master of Puppets and black. Some of the songs would be awesome live i reckon. They've sorta ripped themselves off though. They've copied some of their own solo licks and a few drum beats i think but its still good none the less.

Led Zep are gods:D

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#19 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

mix is great!

I was listening to Zeppelin this morning on the way to work but I listen to all sorts of stuff really...

From Zeppelin, The Who, Hendrix to The Herd, Kataylist, Blackstar to Metallica, GNR's, Iron Maiden

Hahah I bet you listen to it on weeknights after 8pm hey, haha!

#20 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

LOL

Hey, I love listening to the oldies! I appreciate that sort of music. It makes me feel....errr young again ? Haha...

And MIX isn't half bad anymore. They're steering away from the soppy stuff they use to play back in the 90's. Still though - not a fan.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users