61 replies to this topic

#61 carbonseals

carbonseals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Rotarys and other Quick cars

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Found the said article: Hot4s magazine October 2011, pge97 "WRX cookbook" here's part of it...

Attached Files

#62 carbonseals

carbonseals

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Rotarys and other Quick cars

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

I only just realised someone already spoke about what I just said...oh well 😊
I did change over my coolant in the wrx (gc8) yesterday and after reading online about it I thought it may be a real pain in the butt, the thing I learnt is that you should take your sweet ass time. Following what my owners manual said and what I read online... Parked on a slope, car was cold, removed radiator drain plug, heater was on hot, drained system, only managed to get about 5lts. Refilled with demineralised water VERY slowly into header tank, flexed radiator hoses to help get air out and more water in, leave the car sit for 10min intervals and the system would require more fluid. Filled reserve tank, started car, topped up header and let car run til basically operating temperature. I had the empty bottle method on header tank as previously mentioned, reved car a bit and some air came out. Turned off car and draned again. I just filled the system with just water, to give it a rinse and flush out old coolant, you just don't know what's in that radiator flush stuff. Drained system and repeated above steps. I went for a short drive or two yesterday as well, didn't hear any waterfall behind the dash some coolant is coming out overflow but I did fill it above full. Will check it this morning, see where the level is at. I used the concentrate which you then add water to, Nulon told me that the concentrate is best to use than the pre-mix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users