• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 michael_pannone

michael_pannone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

yeah, i am starting to agree, leds are seeming like to much hassle... but for now all i will concentrate on is having a light that turns on when the door opens, whether that means that the leds turn on or i get a new central locking control box, which ever comes first i guess.

#22 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

It's either a Black small box just on the left of the glove box, or its a white one depends what MY your car is, and yes it can be fixed open up bridge wire on the diode you fired wont dime out but will work all the time when doors are open. been there done it to one of my B4's. and LED's are great...
Posted Image

#23 michael_pannone

michael_pannone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Jovi, just the info i was looking for, such a relief knowing that i fix the problem that i caused in the first place...
I will try and locate/ fix the box tomorrow and let you know how i go.
cheers

#24 michael_pannone

michael_pannone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

More help needed... i have removed what i believe to be the 'central locking remote unit' (it is labled 'PN KEYLESS CONT UNIT') a little white box.
OK, so far i have removed the unit and taken the electrical board out of it to inspect it, it has all these little diodes and lines and honestly i dont know what im looking for, nothing on the board seems out of the ordinary. Just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what i should be looking for to repair? im really lost :(
any help would be great.

#25 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

Can u see any broken connections?

I really wouldn't know what to look for either

Good luck :)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#26 michael_pannone

michael_pannone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

Nope, i have looked over it a number of times, and from what i can see there are no broken wires or connections, there are countless a number of small dohickys, but my untrained and unprofessional eye cannot judge whether or not these are in working order.

#27 michael_pannone

michael_pannone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

But i guess if a diode was to blame then simply looking at it wouldnt show any signs of not working. I would have to test the diode with a multi meter to see if it was working or not wouldnt i?

#28 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

just tried wiring up the leds to the door switch, but its a no go... the wires that go to the door switch are only 9v which is to low turn on the lights... back to the drawing board i guess.
can anyone identify the central locking control unit for me? would be a great help.
cheers

That's not what I meant.
You install a NEW 12v wire from the battery, taking it to the input side of a relay, and then the output side goes to the LEDs. You then splice a wire from the door switch going to the trigger pin on the relay. The trigger on a relay can be activated by a very small voltage and current, so 9v is plenty, and then the power for the actual LEDs is drawn from the new wire you ran from the battery.

How many LEDs are you installing anyway? I would think it'd take quite a few to draw enough current to confuse the existing systems.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#29 michael_pannone

michael_pannone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

OHHHHHHH... haha understood, thanks for the clear up, sounds like that will work, i will try it once and if i know that the remote control box cant be repaired as i have already removed it, and its not easy to remove...
Thankyou for all the help, much appreciated.
cheers

#30 Keeper69

Keeper69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Holy shit. I done the exact same thing. Looking everywhere trying to find how to fix it. Forums saying, try turning the switch off or on. Fcckas ! But I hooked my led's up through the roof and was running all sweet, all up until a week later where I took a car full of my brothers friends to a party, one of them left the door half open and I didn't realize.. Half way there I smelt smoke and it starting seeping out of pillar A. Absolutely shitting it, not knowing what it was. I pulled over and started ripping everything apart. Finally finding what the cause was, I now find myself with the key light and interior light constantly on whenever it's switched to door. Cheers for the info though Morgan.

#31 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

;)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#32 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:56 AM

So LEDs strike again!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users