EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#22 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Nick, quote me up a upgrade to my current PC capable of running BF3 on PC in HD.

Current Specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, 2500 Mhz,
NVIDA GeForce 8500GT 512mb ram
300GB HDD
2GB ram

I don't particulary care about the technical specs, just give me a $$$ figure.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#23 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Only thing I'll probably be able to use from your current rig is your HDD, but I'd even look at only using that as a backup piece of storage.

But, if you want some guidance.. doing just a few rough lists:

1. Really high end PC.. looking towards max settings @ 1920x1080 (full HD), you'd be looking at $2/2.2k-ish.
2. You could probably get away with something a big cheaper, but maybe not so stunning settings for $1.5 - 8k.

So, thats CPU, mobo, ram, graphics, ram, PSU, HDD. I'd personally just go all out and spend a good $2.8/$3k and set yourself up for the next atleast 3/4 years.. but then again, its a lot of cash.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#24 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

$2.8K?!

No way. Lol.

I was thinking a few hungy.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#25 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

$2.8K?!

No way. Lol.

The graphics card required to run BF3 at full HD would start at about $800 on it's own.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#26 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

$2.8K?!

No way. Lol.

Nah man, you'd need a CPU and and videocard upgrade. CPU upgrade = new mobo, new mobo = new ram.. more components = m0ar power.. videocard = $800 alone, as Xon said.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#27 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

PS3 it is then.

:)

#28 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Bastard. There is a turbo function on these new CPU's you know.. (nothing new.. but turb0!) DOES YOUR PS3 HAVE TURBO?

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#29 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

This is my PS3.

Posted Image

I <3 it.

#30 alcheMist

alcheMist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

Good to see there still exists gamers. Myself, I previously did a heap of competitive counter strike 1.6, cs;cz and source comps/wars.

Got bored moved onto TF2 games and wars. Played the Defense of the Ancients on war3 whilst doing all that. This was a good few years ago when I blew 2k on my pc. Nowadays it sits there like a crumpled piece of crap.

Console gaming is so much easier since theres almost no need for an upgrade every year or so.

Battlefield 3 ... WOOO! Open BETA soon ;)

#31 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

I play FIFA 11 online on Xbox 360.
Waiting on FIFA 12 to come out soon.

:)
Other than that I don't play online.
GTA
COD

If anyone wants to challenge me at FIFA your more than welcome :)
[03.SUBY]

#32 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

oooh, totally forgot about TF2!! **** spent a good two years playing that until it was owned by hats.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#33 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

Definitley time to get a game of BF2 going on PC.

For those who can't find their disc like me, you can download it + all expansions for $7.50 below.

http://store.origin....hoppingCartPage

#34 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

a thread for pokemons.

good.

#35 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

I have a ps3, I nearly bought the new need for speed game, shift2? Had it in my hand, then put it back, and ordered a 3 point harness for my car and enjoyed using it at Wakefield.

The price of one of them computers was pretty on par with my boat, chuck a LCD monitor, surround sound on top of that and that's my wakeboard gear.

I really don't see the big deal sitting infront of a tv, especially when there is so much to do outside! But each to there own.

Each to their own but.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#36 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

damn i wasted so many nights playing when i should have been HAVING SEX WITH GIRLS hahah.. but that game rocked!

#37 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

The price of one of them computers was pretty on par with my boat, chuck a LCD monitor, surround sound on top of that and that's my wakeboard gear.

I really don't see the big deal sitting infront of a tv, especially when there is so much to do outside! But each to there own.

Each to their own but.

I use mine about 14 hours a day for work, so the cost is both justified and absorbed come tax time.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#38 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

Didn't think of that lol

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#39 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

Nah man, you'd need a CPU and and videocard upgrade. CPU upgrade = new mobo, new mobo = new ram.. more components = m0ar power.. videocard = $800 alone, as Xon said.

haha $800 for a video card, hahahaha....

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#40 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

shazz.. i was just doing a quick look today, you have a pc close to my rig atm..

upgrade would be.. 2gb more ram.. $25? just scab some from ebay
new cpu.. spend big here like a boss.. Phenom II x4 975 ( basically a quad core 3.6GHZ chip) $144 lol
new gfx.. FACTORY Overclocked GTS460 or something around $120 or so.. picked mine up for $160 brand spankers about 6 months ago so its probably worth half that now actually lol
and new 1TB hdd.. cause you can for under $80

sooo.. lets just say $400 bucks.. maybe a new power supply if yours doesnt handle it

a few months down the track.. buy new motherboard for $160, and spend $80 on 8GB of ram.. re-use above CPU as it IS compatible between both boards.. just need new ram.. which is dirt cheap this DDR3 stuff..

this keeps it within the spending limits for the wife.. and gives you a upgrade pathway..

for 2k **** me.. does the thing make love to me and cook my dinner too!
smartest thing you did when you bought current pc is buy AMD! best upgrade path ever with the AM2 chips! the mobo's are compatible with current cpu's only the ram is not compatible if you upgrade motherboards.. thus i gave you a easy upgrade path that is cheap and will make your pc fairly future proof for a bit longer.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users