• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

A GTS460 will certainly not run BF3 at 1920x1080, regardless of how factory overclocked it is ;)

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#42 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

just going off previous frostbite 1.5 specs.. and the fact frostbite 2 is even more optimized.

and no doubt there are much better cards around the $160 - $200 mark.now.

absolutely no reason to spend $800 on a gfx card unless you are able to write it off on tax and you have alot more invested in pc gaming.

either way, i still stand by my quote of under $500 for an upgrade to be able to play bf3.. sure it wont be at super res.. but it will play decently
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#43 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

As long as the graphics would be on par with what they would be on PS3, i'd be happy.

And no lag.

Lag sucks.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#44 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Curiously, why pay so much for PC that will be out of date in a week when xbox/ps3 does the same thing?

Or are pc graphics that much better?

Posted Image

#45 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Adam PC graphics sh1t all over console graphics, provided the game has been optimised for PC. If it's a basic console game that's been ported (quicky conversion to run on PC) then the graphics will be more or less the same. Current gen console graphics cards are 5 or so years out of date now, and the graphics card industry moves fast...
The only real advantage a console has over a PC is that you're guarunteed the same performance as everyone else because the hardware is always the same (within reason - different revisions of the same console may or may not receive slightly different components).

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#46 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

With the Battlefield series being predominately PC-based, not only what Xon said, but most controls are easier top use.

For instance, when talking to your squad, you would push E, or when spotting an enemy tank/aircraft/heli you would hold Q, etc etc.

I don't think there is enough buttons on a PS controller for all the features that the PC version had, so hopefully they haven't culled it, and created a different way.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#47 alcheMist

alcheMist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Don't know if you played bad company 2 but spot was select and talking was... Well via a mic... I don't remember there being an option to chat to squad...

Overall it isn't too bad it's a decent game and personally, battlefield sh!ts all over cod.

#48 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

Don't know if you played bad company 2 but spot was select and talking was... Well via a mic... I don't remember there being an option to chat to squad...

Overall it isn't too bad it's a decent game and personally, battlefield sh!ts all over cod.

In BF2, you could either talk to everyone by pressing "C", or you could talk to just your squad by pressing V (or something, can't really remember)

Was a wicked setup though.

And you're right. BF > COD.

#49 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

Fair call, I struggle to justify spending so much on a gaming rig, but I don't spend that much time gaming..... Anymore haha.

Posted Image

#50 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

Basically this:

Mouse > Gamepad.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#51 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Money > No money :P

But each to their own.

I used to prefer mouse, but then went to console because I prefer the simplicity of it.

Posted Image

#52 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

TBH, it's been almost 3 years since I did a major upgrade to my rig.. and I got access to the BF3 beta, and my computer ran it well, but I enjoy playing max settings, stutter free so that's why I'm going to upgrade..

Current specs:
Q6600 @ 3.6ghz overclocked
4GB DDR2-1066 ram
4870x2 video card
P5Q deluxe mobo..

Only thing I upgraded from my initial build 4~ years ago was the videocard maybe 18 months ago.

Besides, I could probably sell my current rig for a good maybe $600 and then that leaves only $1200~ for a sweet upgrade to the next playform available.

BUT, like I said, I hate playing FPS on console due to me hating gamepads. Mice are so much more accurate as well as the WASD layout.

I'm just a PC bitch :P

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#53 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#54 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

Ahh the PC gaming days. I remember those. I gave that up and went to console after I stopped playing FreeSpace 2. Anyone here old enough to remember that piece of gaming perfection?

#55 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

It's a shame I only got my copy of BF3 today, but i won't be playing with anyone from Australia lol... Got the HK/China version of BF3 on PS3

I still have BF2 but have not touched it in awhile now. I have always loved BF over COD.

I have to say I think I have played with AussieTemplar before? it sounds very familiar. I use MrSober88 for everything so it will be easy to find me.

I have a $1000 laptop and have no problems running the new games so far, Only running at 1680x1050 res but high settings for most games and no glitching.

#56 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Picked up my copy of BF3 this arvo.

Installing now.

#57 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

Well I just found out in BF3 on PS3 they let you pick what region servers you want, so I can play with aussies!

With every other game I have bought they make you play in asian servers. thats why I normally only buy singleplayer games.

#58 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

1920x1200 ultra goodness :D

MY07 GT spec B

#59 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

Ill just leave this here

Posted Image

#60 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Epic nerds are epic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users