#3 HaydenGT

HaydenGT

HaydenGT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

pretty much everything.
if your car isnt standard than you arnt very likely to pass unless you know people.
if you bring it down to coffs i know a guy who just passed my mates impreza lowered with 17's

1992 Gen1 Liberty GX ***SOLD***
1992 Gen1 Legacy GT

#4 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

pretty much everything.
if your car isnt standard than you arnt very likely to pass unless you know people.
if you bring it down to coffs i know a guy who just passed my mates impreza lowered with 17's

Lowered and 17's isnt something they will knock it back on. if yo have a 5 inch cannon 20's and the car is rough as all **** then issues arise
Posted Image

#5 HaydenGT

HaydenGT

HaydenGT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Legally they cant. wheels are a strict rule for sizing. there not supposed to pass them if the wheels are 1 or 2 inches bigger i cant remember which

1992 Gen1 Legacy GT

#6 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

2 inches bigger then stock, but its like getting a pink slip with an airbag light on its so common now most dont care
Posted Image

#7 HaydenGT

HaydenGT

HaydenGT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

from these areas its difficult

1992 Gen1 Legacy GT

#8 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

Maybe check out your states registration deparments website?

Perhaps even book it in to licenced tester for a check over?

I used to do 'vehicle saftey inspections' for my customers so they could get an accurate idea of what was required to obtain a RWC. (Vic)
If they wanted a Roadworthy Inspection pending a certificate, I would have to write it up and the repairs had to be completed in 14 days. :(

BTW, double thread much?

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#9 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

i went to get a blue slip for my engine swap but got rejected because of WRX seats, wrx 4 pots and aftermarket 17" rims on my liberty. said i needed a engineers certificate even for the genuine subaru items that weren't factory fitted??

he didn't even get to opening the bonnet. lucky, he probably would have had a heart attack

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#10 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

2 inches bigger then stock, but its like getting a pink slip with an airbag light on its so common now most dont care

^ This is BS. The 2" bigger than stock rubbish.

You can put anything on so long as its no greater than 15mm or less than 15mm outside the factory rolling diameter. Thats the law. However it only takes a set of 17"s with 205/40's to be out of the boundaries.

As for blue slips, dont skimp. Most stations have been cracked down on hard by now and wont even budge to give dodgy slip.

Last time i went with my old GX, i had to clear all the defects BACK TO STANDARD. They picked me up on a bolt missing from the rear diff cover, airbox bolt missing, tints had to be removed from the front windows, knocked back my 17" wheels, exhaust had to be re-fitted and mounted so as to clear 100mm off the ground and a seat bolt needed to be wound in a few threads.

Dont bother going in at all if you think they will let you off with things, if its not up to scratch you will be back and forth wasting everyones time.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#11 Shire Boy

Shire Boy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, Adrenaline rushes :D

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

It's pretty much stock haha all that I reckon would be an issue is it is lowered but only 30-35 mm no rims just 14" stockies might be a little hole in the exhaust and yeh that's about it might bring her down to coffs to get it done

Sorry bout the double threads am on my iPhone and it keeps doing it

#12 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

Would be the same in Coffs as in grafton mate i reckon.
I knew the blokes who did my e-safety a week ago, he passed it no worries. My car is lowered a fair bit and he told me its not very legal, but he knows im not a thrasher and look after the car very well.
Same with the tint and the exhaust...

If you were to come to Coffs, Id recomment Bird Automotive Repairs, on the highway opposite KFC South.
http://www.localdire... Mechanics/list
Near the bottom of the page :)
[03.SUBY]

#13 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

we're talking blue slip here, ie full inspection. Not a pink slip.

#14 HaydenGT

HaydenGT

HaydenGT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

My mate camerons impreza came stock with 15's and he went in with 17x215x40s tinted side indicators and tail lights. lowered on king springs, full catback exhaust that is easy over 90Dband blue number plate lights(we put them in whilst he had no licence and forgot) and the guy said to change the number plate lights passed it and let us go. im thinking we were pretty lucky? lol
hayden

1992 Gen1 Legacy GT

#15 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

we're talking blue slip here, ie full inspection. Not a pink slip.

Ahh my bad...
[03.SUBY]

#16 Shire Boy

Shire Boy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, Adrenaline rushes :D

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

Aw true Hayden might ring her down to coffs to getnit done then don't think anything would fail except Maybe the struts

#17 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

i went to get a blue slip for my engine swap but got rejected because of WRX seats, wrx 4 pots and aftermarket 17" rims on my liberty. said i needed a engineers certificate even for the genuine subaru items that weren't factory fitted??

he didn't even get to opening the bonnet. lucky, he probably would have had a heart attack

Seriously? I even rang the RTA about this and they said for an engine number change all they do is basically make sure the bolts are done up properly and there's no CEL, then write down the engine number and hand you your blue slip!
I took mine down and the dude wrote down the engine number and handed me my form!

As for the wheel size issue, the RTA doesn't care what diameter the physical wheel is, only how far out from OEM specs the rolling diameter of the tyre is as Jimbo said above. Ask a real tyre shop about it one day (not Bob Jane).

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#18 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

if the car has been fitted with these from factory as an option to another model of the same car its legal and dont need a engeneers certificat.. if its off like a wrx fitted to a liberty then yes.
Posted Image

#19 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

^ This is BS. The 2" bigger than stock rubbish.

You can put anything on so long as its no greater than 15mm or less than 15mm outside the factory rolling diameter. Thats the law. However it only takes a set of 17"s with 205/40's to be out of the boundaries.

As for blue slips, dont skimp. Most stations have been cracked down on hard by now and wont even budge to give dodgy slip.

Last time i went with my old GX, i had to clear all the defects BACK TO STANDARD. They picked me up on a bolt missing from the rear diff cover, airbox bolt missing, tints had to be removed from the front windows, knocked back my 17" wheels, exhaust had to be re-fitted and mounted so as to clear 100mm off the ground and a seat bolt needed to be wound in a few threads.

Dont bother going in at all if you think they will let you off with things, if its not up to scratch you will be back and forth wasting everyones time.

if what i said was BS would you like to come and read my RTA rule book?

at the end of the day it comes to the examiner how they see the rule
Posted Image

#20 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

its not up to the examiner. What is your RTA book like 20years old? Its the law. I had a police officer show it to me and explain it in person.

Its not the size of the rims being 2 inches or whatever, thats a common misconception.

The following is taken directly from the RTA modifications guide:

Wheels up to 26mm wider than the largest optional wheel recommended by the vehicle manufacturer for the

vehicle can be fitted without the need to notify the RTA.

The outside diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm over the largest diameter

wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle and not more than 15mm below the smallest diameter wheel
and tyre combination specified for the vehicle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users