• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Yes I finally found a thread on ozlib that shows me for sure its the toilet paper roll thing, But I got the part from super cheap and they only one they have listed for me and what the guy said, Was the wrong part so now after taking everything out I have to put it all back take back the filter and go to Subaru as they arnt as shit!

#22 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

But I got the part from super cheap

There's your problem right there.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#23 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Yep sure was! I now see the error in my ways and will follow the right path from now on haha

It was a shame though as Subaru parts shuts at 12pm, so I missed that but managed to get my hands on genuine one and have now finish the job right!

But don't know why I needed to change it as you can see in this pic it still looks like a brand new filter......

Posted Image

#24 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Where is the MAF sensor by the way?

#25 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Where is the MAF sensor by the way?

So problem is still here after fuel filter change, but after driving around with this problem I have found it to be odd. As when take off after start the car it runs find for about 10mins with no signs of the problem. But after that time it starts playing up. Would this still be my injectors? As I would of thought if they are clogged the car would be the same all the time.
And also the problem is not present revving under no load? It there something else that could course the same symptoms as clogged injectors?

#26 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

No MAF on a GenIII n/a. They use a MAP instead.

Sounds like it may be coolant temp sensor related as it gets worse as engine warms up.

Have you done a code check?

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#27 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

Mine come back too, although you can't notice it when driving normally. Only when pushing the car.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#28 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

No MAF on a GenIII n/a. They use a MAP instead.

Sounds like it may be coolant temp sensor related as it gets worse as engine warms up.

Have you done a code check?

Yeah I did it when it first started, Had no errors

Well check again when I have time.

Mine come back too, although you can't notice it when driving normally. Only when pushing the car.

Yeah thats the same as mine it only does it when i gun it a bit.

Although today I decided I wanted to have a really bad day and I broke the idle air thing. I took it out to give it a bit if a clean as it had alot of carbon build up..... But slipped out of my oily hands and the top bit feel off........... Now it idles shit also. And I dropped the oil filter into the oil when doing the oil change and now have oil up the walls and all under the car.......

So if anyone has one of these spare I am happy to take it off your hands! Anyone know if it needs a gasket also? As I can hear air been sucked though the gap and it never had one????

#29 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

Had a look at error codes and got the code 24 im pretty sure. which says its the ISC valve Open or Short? Does this just mean I have rooted my idle control valve?

#30 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

I have given up, the car is going into the mech tomorrow for a looksy. I'm sick of trying to find the problem, everything I think it is turns out not to be it.

Thanks everyone for the input though. Will post back tomorrow if they have figured it out or not!

#31 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

Ended up finding my problem myself today when I went to start the car to take it to the mech's. Looking like the coil for cylinder 4 i think it gone, started the car and it was running really bad and only on 3 cylinders. Took the lead off for # 4 I think (not to sure as there are 2 leads that say 3) and the conection was all black, so started the car with this lead out and very small to no spark from the spark plug. Have taken it to my mech anyway as I can't drive around to get the parts myself.

Hoping they don't charge to much as I hope the problem ends there, Though I also have to do the vavle cover gaskets..... But the spark plugs or the inner bit of the spark plug lead is not oil coated. Could this have still caused this?

Sorry for going on and on about this but I am a little bored now sitting in a cafe waiting for my car to be finished!!!!

#32 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Sounds like a shit fight Tim...
I've got a spare coil and set of leads at home - you know where I live.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#33 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Sounds like a shit fight Tim...
I've got a spare coil and set of leads at home - you know where I live.

Yeah, had to putter down to the mech to get it fixed as I didnt have the means to fix it myself.

It was lucky because they happened to have a spare coil also, otherwise I would of had to wait 2 days and pay $600 for a new one from Subaru lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users