• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

you need lots of degreasr and to hide some of the wires and the bay would be ok. also, i think there is a sti high flow filter that fits that airbox

freeway.jpeg 

#22 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

The white wire runs to my foglights dodgy or what??

Wire a fuse into it.
Also if that's the wire that's powering the foglights, I doubt it's a high enough gauge.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#23 Shire Boy

Shire Boy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, Adrenaline rushes :D

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

It does have a fuse I bought the foglight wiring kit all together and came with fuse an everything

#24 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

sti panel filter won't do jack all except make some whooshing noises for $100+. i'm still running ryco A360 paper filters in my rex and it does not make any difference. stock airbox/filter combo is good for 250kw atw.

MY07 GT spec B

#25 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Yep, same

Posted Image

#26 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

Agree with the general consensus. On your NA the intake is as good as its going to get in stock form.

Best way to get the most power and enjoyment out of it is to look after it. Give it a good upper engine clean, fresh oil and other fluids. Clean it up, make sure your battery is good and the terminals are clean ect.
Always make sure you use quality fuels and check your spark plugs or replace as necessary, some better quality leads would help out a bit too. You could also get an injector service done, and you can clean your Air Flow Meter sensor with a DIY can you can buy from Supercheap.

If you wanted to go for slightly cleaner intake air, you could rig up a ninja catch can but thats pretty much excessive.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#27 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

I could only imagine how hard it would be to catch ninjas in a can!

Posted Image

#28 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Lawl.

Maybe if it was a can of Whoop Ass

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#29 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

It does have a fuse I bought the foglight wiring kit all together and came with fuse an everything

OK, lets just put it this way..
there are potentially dangerous issues with the engine bay..

any section of wire before a fuse will be live even if the fuse goes. (remember the whole chassis is Ground/Negative), so if any part of that silly thin wire rubs through and touches any part of metal.. the wire will get very hot very quick and anything touching it could catch fire.. fire under bonnet = BAD

Secondly.. the wire seems much to thin to be running Foglights.. i would replace it for something thicker.. 14-12ga wire would maybe..

as far as the AFM goes.. if you kill it with a oiled filter.. you are looking at $400+ for a new one.. second hand around $100
the only thing worth doing is a (resonectomy) because it removes about 1KG of plastic and the placebo affect has merit haha
but seriously you will notice a bit better throttle response..

i run a Lukey washable filter but it isn't worth the RRP, i only paid $20 so it WAS worth it cause i just wash it in warm water, let it dry and its like new again.. NO OILING! i have a old Ryco filter that i throw in for a few days while i let the Lukey dry.. and the difference is so minimal.. but again... placebo affect ;)

p.s. airbox is better than pod cause im guessing the way you had the pod it was sucking in engine bay air.. engine bay air = hot.. hot = bad

This is all..
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#30 Shire Boy

Shire Boy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, Adrenaline rushes :D

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

Ok so ill be replacing the wires to run the foglights then haha anyone know a good place to run them?

Cheers, Joel

#31 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Ok so ill be replacing the wires to run the foglights then haha anyone know a good place to run them?

Cheers, Joel

Keep them out of the engine bay where possible and put the wires in black corrugated conduit from jaycar... Most ppl run cables under the guards which would require u to remove ur front wheels... While ur at remove the big as resonator that restricting air flow

#32 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Most ppl run cables under the guards which would require u to remove ur front wheels

.............. Under the gaurds?? who would do that!

Do you mean inside the gaurd itself?

There would be no issue with running the wires NEATLY inside conduit through the engine bay if the fusing was close to the start of the source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users