27 replies to this topic

#1 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Skating, Snowboading, Subaru, BE5

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

hey all so this is my first post ever on a forum so here goes.

So I Just converted my heritage to a EJ20TT got a half cut and did the conversation got a custom exhaust and everything starts and works tho only for a short time.. I have check with the error codes and it shows error code 32. O2 sensor.

see my problem is I only have one connection and that's for the front o2 sensor I can't seem to find the second connection for the other (rear) o2sensor. see I didn't realize there was a second o2 sensor untill I got my exhaust.
this might sound like I'm being lazy but I have spent a few long hours under the car but cant for the life of me find the connection.
do I need to splice into the harness any help would be great...

thanks chris

Posted Image

#2 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Chris The plug comes out from the wiring harness from the ECU near the secondary turbo and goes to the gearbox...
Btw the front one is a fuel/air ratio sensor.
Posted Image

#3 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

What's the difference between the front and rear sensors? I thought they were both just normal narrowband o2 sensors?

#4 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

ARGH, this is ':/*&% I can't find the plug what I can see with out ripping the intercooler out is. At the top off the gear box there is 3 plugs one on the right side and 2 plugs on the left they are all connected. To other gear box sensors I have check all leads out of the fire wall with no luck..... is this a separate cable on its own?

Posted Image

#5 Murf B4

Murf B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

The sensors have different part numbers

MY02 LIBERTY B4 - LAST DYNO'D @ 375.4KW-ATW    403.5KW-ATW

Next Dyno will be 400+ :)

#6 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

But what is the difference between them? I suspect they are identical sensors, they have different part numbers cos they have different connectors

#7 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

I thought from memory, that error code 32 was the airflow meter.

When you did the conversion, did you use the B4 wiring loom as well? the plug from memory has 2 black 1 blue and 1 white connector.. either way I know it's got 2 black cause they are the heater wires :)

#8 Guest_Jesse_*

Guest_Jesse_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

32 is the o2 sensor. 23 is the AFM. Well at least on the gen 2 it is.

#9 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

Its has to be the o2 sensor..... as the car hasn't. Got one in it. I'm gunna pull the intercooler out today to give me some room to look around. If any one is near gladesville today and has 20 mins so I could have a look around under your bonnet it would be a massive help.

Going up to subaru today to find the part numbers thanks all for you help chris

Posted Image

#10 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

I thought from memory, that error code 32 was the airflow meter.

When you did the conversion, did you use the B4 wiring loom as well? the plug from memory has 2 black 1 blue and 1 white connector.. either way I know it's got 2 black cause they are the heater wires :)

I used every little bit from the Donner cut ... I know the front AFS wires are 2 white and one black this connects to a plug near the fuse box in the engine bay.

This is where I'm going crazy. This connvertion sofar has been plug and play. When I pull out theintercooler I will post again with more info hoping To god its there as I hate taking the I/c out.....

Posted Image

#11 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

OK so I have made a few calls and found out the jdm legacy bh5 only have an 02 sensor at the front.. no wonder I couldn't find the plug.

Posted Image

#12 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

is the front cut a 98,99 or 00 model. my 99 legacy only had on o2 sensor on the header passenger side

shane

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#13 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

OK so I have made a few calls and found out the jdm legacy bh5 only have an 02 sensor at the front.. no wonder I couldn't find the plug.

I have a jdm e-tune in mine and it has 2 plug and two sensors and its a BH5....

And the front sensor is AIR/FUEL ratio from the engine before the cat. the rear is oxygen sensor after the cat
Posted Image

#14 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

Are u sure its an actual air/fuel ratio sensor? I'm pretty sure at least on the jdm version its a normal narrowband oxy sensor.
Normally a wideband sensor will give dodgy reading if its positioned pre turbo.

#15 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

pretty sure as ive changed both of mine one being broken the other failed and air/fuel is $512 from subaru and the rear o2 is like 384...but can get cheaper after market...
Posted Image

#16 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

If it's only supposed to have one oxygen sensor like you say, why is it throwing a code stating it's not there?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#17 Jovi

Jovi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

Luke it could be any number of reasons, not plugged in, missing, faulty broken wire. Etc

He needs to start from where the sensor is and work backwards: we are not psychic's to tell why a car is having a fault over the net, or mind readers. We can just point in the right direction..

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it...
Posted Image

#18 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

I think you missed my meaning Jovi.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#19 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Are u sure its an actual air/fuel ratio sensor? I'm pretty sure at least on the jdmversion its a normal narrowband oxy sensor.Normally a wideband sensor will give dodgy reading if its positioned pre turbo.

tmh983, I think your right as the halt cut was the first release twin Turbo they only had a narrow band o2 sensor on the crossover. jovan, I know what you mean I'm not sure about this but wherent the jdm etunes second generation twin turbos?(Not the for the shape but the engine) sorry I should have said this...I just got a narrow band oxygen sensor and cleaned the MAF Sensor so fingers crossed the problem has gone.. Also got an OBD scaner working now so should be able to clear all the codes showing on the cars system.....

Guys thanks heap for your comments a really big help, fingers crossed it works..

Posted Image

#20 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

larven, i have an early revision gtb etune engine in my car, I just went and checked the oxy sensor with a multimeter, it is definately just a normal narrowband sensor, and my car doesn't have any rear sensor. It seems somewhere mid 2001 they changed to a 2 sensor setup.
What OBD scanner are you using? i've tried a few different ones with my car and none of them work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users