27 replies to this topic

#21 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Skating, Snowboading, Subaru, BE5

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Haha elmscan I just got it today just after I posted my last comment and I just waisted 16.99... dam it.. it won't work have you look at tactrix obd. But there expensive.

Posted Image

#22 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

larven, i have an early revision gtb etune engine in my car, I just went and checked the oxy sensor with a multimeter, it is definately just a normal narrowband sensor, and my car doesn't have any rear sensor. It seems somewhere mid 2001 they changed to a 2 sensor setup.
What OBD scanner are you using? i've tried a few different ones with my car and none of them work...

interesting. mine is a 03 etune with the vf32vf33 turbos 550cc injectors the last ones before they went to the gen 4. i still say the B4's no two are the same....

Chris i got that half cut from ichiban the one you could get at the time...
Posted Image

#23 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

Haha elmscan I just got it today just after I posted my last comment and I just waisted 16.99... dam it.. it won't work have you look at tactrix obd. But there expensive.

i assume u have an early revision engine, don't bother with tactrix, they don't work, at least it didn't work with my car.
I've got an evoscan cable, which according to their website should work with early gen3 tt's, but I can't get it to work with my car, and i gave up trying a while back.

jovi, i think they brought out an etune 2 which is what ur car must be.

#24 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

i assume u have an early revision engine, don't bother with tactrix, they don't work, at least it didn't work with my car.
I've got an evoscan cable, which according to their website should work with early gen3 tt's, but I can't get it to work with my car, and i gave up trying a while back.

jovi, i think they brought out an etune 2 which is what ur car must be.

i gave up on trying to figure out which engine came out when and what revision as well coz through out the years from 99 to 03 they are all over the place like revision D on a 01 built car then a smaller turbo engine etc ...
Posted Image

#25 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

Pretty sure the Tactrix cables will only work with 01+ models.
I have a generic OBDII scanner which will ONLY read codes and nothing else on my car, and a Tactrix which works just fine, so it could be that you can only get limited functionality out of your Elmscan...

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#26 L A R V E N

L A R V E N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Skating, Snowboading, Subaru, BE5

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

OK Guys Sorry its been so long... So my Problem has gone... Works out its the O2 Sensor & the MAF where Screwed... And just to clarify MY99 Subaru Legacy EJ20TT has only one O2 sensor on the front crossover... Its a Narrow Band O2 Sensor the Part Number is: ( A24 - A71 06002220)....

The guys at ichiban helped me out with a new ( Second Hand ) O2 Sensor.. (...CHAMPIONS...)

Pretty sure the Tactrix cables will only work with 01+ models. I have a generic OBDII scanner which will ONLY read codes and nothing else on my car, and a Tactrix which works just fine, so it could be that you can only get limited functionality out of your Elmscan...

Xon, that's mad that it reads your data that's all i want mine to do! Are you using the original program that came with the cables? I went out and got an EvoScan Subaru Select Monitor I (SSMI) 9pin/16pin DataLogger Cable (for 1990-1998 Subarus)

Posted ImageSubaru Select Monitor I (SSMI) 9pin/16pin Data Logger Cable

Im waiting for it to arrive...

tmh983 i think this is what you said you have, so fingers crossed :sarcastic: .... it dose say it works for a (1999 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK JDM (jap import) Model GF-BE5 / BE5-030386 / BE5B48.) And thanks for your help!

While This OBD2 thing is getting off topic and i'm new to the forum. Lets say i have a question in regards to electrical or any type of questions for my twins do i post here in twin turbo section or in the electrical section of the forum???? i know its seems like a straight forward question but the singles and the twins are a different kettle of fish!

Let me know..

Thanks heaps guys.....

Chris

Posted Image

#27 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

The generic scanner I have is a bluetooth one, so I use an app called Torque on my android phone to check codes.
I do have a tactrix 2.0 cable as well that I use for logging, which I use with the RomRaider software.

The SSM cable should work with your car - it doesn't use OBDII protocol but Subaru's proprietary diagnostics port.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#28 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

larven, yes thats the same cable as I got, let me know if you can get urs working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users