• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

certainly keen on how the tune goes, i will be getting mine done very soon, however exhaust is first (should be in a couple of weeks :D) Oh and possibly a FMIC, shall see how she goes in summer with the tune done (damn you soop for putting it into my head :P )

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#22 Billsy

Billsy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Cars n shit!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

my ears were burning, sheesh :) alex, if you dont want to spend heaps then id get a walbro pump and maybe some parallel rails, although i dont think the later rails have as much restriction so are probably fine until you push past the 200kw ish mark. DONT put a P18 housing on the primary, a, youll get a massive vod and b, they dont just bolt on and c, they dont have a wastegate (i have an external) but they do go harder :) FMIC made a big difference to my car, a new top mount may well be fine aswell, except you will still get the mother of all things bad! heat soak in summer turns a TT into a sloth. apart from that the rest of my success is mainly porting and modification of the ECV and custom pipework. send your turbos and ECV to me if you want them done, ive done a few sets now

#23 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for that Billsy.

Hypnotic:
Posted Image
TSM

#24 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for that paul, i was just checking out the work of HIRISK's b4, good thing im quite local to where he got that all done.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

Horsepower Factory

#25 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

It could be worth your while getting a jig made, so that the pipe work can be copied for other B4 owners. I know one of the biggest draw backs for any Liberty/Legacy is the lack of off the shelf parts.
TSM

#26 Billsy

Billsy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

i see problems... well make up your own mind :)

Posted Image

in yellow we have the intercooler valve, this doesnt effect power at all, but is part of what causes vod to be hard to get rid of.

in blue you have a strangled turbo outlet, replace it with a silicone and metal home made one.

and in red. if its like the apexi filter i once used... is like a sock in the engines mouth restricting its breathing
this is what my car did to an apexi power intake filter.
Posted Image

#27 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

Thanks Billsy, me being still new to the turbo world, i never would have picked any of that, except for maybe the filter(but probably not)

Horsepower Factory

#28 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

Do you think you'd be able to make those turbo outlets Billsy? Others may not have the know how/means to do it. Also what should be done about the intercooler valve?
TSM

#29 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

alex, if you dont want to spend heaps then id get a walbro pump and maybe some parallel rails, although i dont think the later rails have as much restriction so are probably fine until you push past the 200kw ish mark.

FMIC made a big difference to my car, a new top mount may well be fine aswell, except you will still get the mother of all things bad! heat soak in summer turns a TT into a sloth.

apart from that the rest of my success is mainly porting and modification of the ECV and custom pipework. send your turbos and ECV to me if you want them done, ive done a few sets now

Thanks for the info billsy...

Its not that I don't want to spend, its mostly that i don't want to do a single conversion right now, so i really want to maximize the benefits from the current twins setup. I don't mind spending what I need to achieve the best I can from what I have.

What FMIC did you get and how much faffing about was it to get it installed without hacking at the front bar too much I mean. I'm a little hesitant in sticking a FMIC on seeing as though I just forked out a fair bit for this decent top mount. I have a twin pump washer bottle (yet to be installed) so I dont think heat soak will be TOO much of a problem. I quite liked the idea of the non-intrusiveness of the Hyperflow 'bolt-in' top mount at the time.

I will most definitely look replacing all the hoses before zee tune.

Thanks for info.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#30 Kosti

Kosti

George Clooney's evil twin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

tried to attach a jap tune rom, but this server is gay and is not allowing it
I prefer TWINS!

Now anyone up for a friendly game ?

Posted Image

#31 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

Alex, Jeff might be able to e-mail you some maps. He's been playing with his ECU for a little while now.
TSM

#32 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

What are the chances I upload it to my car and car goes bang? Kosti, i'll pm you my email address.

#33 Billsy

Billsy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for the info billsy...

Its not that I don't want to spend, its mostly that i don't want to do a single conversion right now, so i really want to maximize the benefits from the current twins setup. I don't mind spending what I need to achieve the best I can from what I have.

What FMIC did you get and how much faffing about was it to get it installed without hacking at the front bar too much I mean. I'm a little hesitant in sticking a FMIC on seeing as though I just forked out a fair bit for this decent top mount. I have a twin pump washer bottle (yet to be installed) so I dont think heat soak will be TOO much of a problem. I quite liked the idea of the non-intrusiveness of the Hyperflow 'bolt-in' top mount at the time.

I will most definitely look replacing all the hoses before zee tune.

Thanks for info.

yeah i understand that, i wouldnt want to upgrade again either, but youve only increased flow through the cooler, which are capable of 180kw+ stock (i had 188 with a stock gtb cooler) but the major benefit is heat soak, and in summer youll know what i mean if you get a fmic. it was fairly simple in the end. the B4 has a different design but ive seen it done in the same way. i ve got a ebay 600x300x76 core and its mounted inverted with the piping running under the lights.
i had to make a custom abs bracket and move the aircon reciever/drier and modify the bumper reo, that was it.

#34 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

Yep all good points, thanks. So after this thread, i'm reading that I should change: Fix hoses to turbo's + boost controller (and boost gauge) + Walbro fuel pump + verso tune = win. Thanks for everyone's suggestions, will keep you all posted later in the year how it goes.

#35 Billsy

Billsy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

Yep all good points, thanks.

So after this thread, i'm reading that I should:

replace pipe FROM secondary turbo + boost controller (and boost gauge) + Walbro fuel pump + verso tune = win.

send the turbos and ecv to billsy for porting for even more powahz.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, will keep you all posted later in the year how it goes.

fixed for accuracy ;)

#36 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:48 PM

Goddamn how am I apposed to pull my car apart and send it in packages, sheesh. Mmm...wish i could hey.

#37 Billsy

Billsy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

lol, maybe i should get a set for exchange port jobs...

#38 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

http://www.importmon...h....jpg&title=

Win?
TSM

#39 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

I was interested in B4BOY's turbo/fmic setup... $3k is a bit too much at the mo...

#40 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

Get some spare turbo's and get Billsy to do his magik then.
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users