ams's Photo ams 01 Dec 2011

My pay day is the 18th of each month.

Monthly pay = balls.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 01 Dec 2011

Posted Image

Adam's Photo Adam 01 Dec 2011

Josh, I draw things.

(draftsman)

@ Mark - feelsgoodman.jpeg just wish i did it 2 years earlier!

Today is my friday.

3 day weekend is exciting my pants very much.

Why do you have 3 day weekend?

Can I have one?

Why do you have 3 day weekend?

Time in lieu.

Any work done out of hours I build up time in lieu then i just take a day here or there when i reach 7.5 hours built up.

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 01 Dec 2011

Does that mean you don't get paid over time rates?

B4TT's Photo B4TT 01 Dec 2011

hahahahaha Eat Like Snake!!

Time in lieu.

Any work done out of hours I build up time in lieu then i just take a day here or there when i reach 7.5 hours built up.

Nice, my last place decided that TIL wasnt good for them, so they changed it to be expected overtime as part of your salary. Jerks!

Does that mean you don't get paid over time rates?

Depends.

If i'm on call, and I get a phone call from our Ops team to log in and fix something because it's broken, I get overtime rates.

If I have scheduled a job to be done out of hours, regardless of if im on call or not then I only get TIL.

Nice, my last place decided that TIL wasnt good for them, so they changed it to be expected overtime as part of your salary. Jerks!

Yeah we have expected OT here. Be Posted Image'ed if I would do any though.
It is nothing short of a dog act to expect people to give away their life for nothing. I do strongly believe that it should be illegal to not pay OT.

This was mildly amusing for a few seconds, watching the little dude steer and rip at the handbrake haha.

Ren-dog's Photo Ren-dog 01 Dec 2011

At my previous job OT didn't exist.

I stayed once till 6:30 cause the boss needed help (finish at 5!) and when i got paid i didnt get any OT, i thought it was a mistake... it wasnt. I went ape shit bat crazy! Couple of weeks latter i told him to get forked and resigned.

I know in the IT field, employers are allowed to request a "reasonable amount of overtime"...but no hourly figure is stated. As a general rule I think it's a percentage of the time you work for the week, so a 37.5 hour week they could probably request you do maybe 3-4 extra hours a week without paying overtime/TIL. It's rude, but they're within their rights unfortunately.

Yeah we have expected OT here. Be Posted Image'ed if I would do any though.
It is nothing short of a dog act to expect people to give away their life for nothing. I do strongly believe that it should be illegal to not pay OT.

Agree, i never did any. Why should I help a multi billion dollar company get richer for free.

They used to say you could claim some back as TIL, but never got approved because they were so understaffed.

Its good here, i work hours, i get paid hours.

I went through the award the business was under and for anything over my standard 7.5 hours a day i was supposed to get overtime.
Now im currently at the last IT place in town and im getting Retail wage >.>
But if i mess this job up i have to move town.

Now im currently at the last IT place in town and im getting Retail wage >.>

What sort of work do you do?

HE SAID IT YOU DERP!

Computer Tech, Cert 3 with 3 years experience, 19 years old, getting $14.40 an hour :/

HE SAID IT YOU DERP!

I'm used to repeating myself. Nobody knows what words are if they are longer then 4 letters in this town.