48 replies to this topic

#1 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

i'm not going to dispute the fact that i deserve it... i was doing 84 in a 60 zone... so i've copped $240 and 3 points... it was on pennant hills road driving home from the hooters meet... (hugh, did you get a ticket too??) um... my question is: being on my red p's, will i lose my licence from a camera speeding fine? and if i lose it (for 3 months) my p's will expire in that time. will i have to sit the driving test again? though i'm able to go for my greens... (have been for months, just being lazy) should i just try to go for them asap? (before i pay the fine??)

2mmwi1w.jpg

#2 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

Yes you'll loose your license for a MINIMUM of three months. You might be lucky and get away with doing your green P's now. I've heard that if/when they check your driving record when you do the test they may stop you from doing the test. I know that happened to a mate of mine. He got done doing 100 in an 80 zone, lost his license for 6months. Edit: Just to be a prick. When i move to Vic, I can drive a turbo charged car, as i had my Probationary license prior to July 07... yay me.
TSM

#3 3p!demiC

3p!demiC

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

lol yea i got one too :rolleyes: lucky im on green p's so i dont lose my license sent you a message but my phone is stuffing up and i cant call/text properly it just says network error f**king sucks that you could lose your license bro :(
1992 Subaru Liberty GX

the taste of semen is complex and dynamic

Posted Image

#4 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

i'm not going to dispute the fact that i deserve it...

i was doing 84 in a 60 zone...

so i've copped $240 and 3 points...

it was on pennant hills road driving home from the hooters meet...

(hugh, did you get a ticket too??)

um... my question is:

being on my red p's, will i lose my licence from a camera speeding fine?

and if i lose it (for 3 months) my p's will expire in that time. will i have to sit the driving test again?

though i'm able to go for my greens... (have been for months, just being lazy) should i just try to go for them asap? (before i pay the fine??)

Points dont come off until you have paid your fine,

Therefore, get your greens and you have 6 points too loose.

If you do loose your p's, and they expire, you will only have to renew the licence, not re sit the driving test.

AFAIK, Being on reds, you loose your licence straight away for any speeding offence.

Greens you wont loose it untill you loose your points, or if you do 30km/h or more over the speed limit.

Cheers,

Rob.

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#5 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

hehehe been there a few weeks but got done by a radar 73 in a 50 $243 and 3 points

#6 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

Points dont come off until you have paid your fine,

Therefore, get your greens and you have 6 points too loose.

If you do loose your p's, and they expire, you will only have to renew the licence, not re sit the driving test.

AFAIK, Being on reds, you loose your licence straight away for any speeding offence.

Greens you wont loose it untill you loose your points, or if you do 30km/h or more over the speed limit.

Cheers,

Rob.

but they don't know it was me driving until i pay the fine and admit it was me.

so they can't take my licence...

though they may take it anyway, even once i have my greens... cos i was on reds when i got the offence

i hope not...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#7 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

but they don't know it was me driving until i pay the fine and admit it was me.

so they can't take my licence...

though they may take it anyway, even once i have my greens... cos i was on reds when i got the offence

i hope not...

Yeah im not sure about if they would take it once you have your greens... All I would suggest is get your greens before you pay it and see what happens.

As for admiting it was you, is the car registered to you?

Also, unless you have someone who is willing to take the fall for you, you sort of have to admit it was you..

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#8 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

This thing happened to my mate so, dont pay the fine or anything, get ur greens then pay the fine Pretty sure thats all that he did and he never lost his But i heard another mate who tried it and it never worked. You got nothing to loose by trying it. (considering what you may have already lost) -without trying to be mean

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#9 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

You got nothing to loose by trying it. (considering what you may have already lost) -without trying to be mean

yeh...

that's what i figure too...

i'm just gonna head into the RTA and book the next available test (even if i can do it on the spot)

2mmwi1w.jpg

#10 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

This thing happened to my mate so, dont pay the fine or anything, get ur greens then pay the fine

Pretty sure thats all that he did and he never lost his

But i heard another mate who tried it and it never worked.

You got nothing to loose by trying it. (considering what you may have already lost) -without trying to be mean

yeah u have smoething to loose...and that is MORE MONEY... coz everytime it passes the time you have to pay for it they slug u with intrest.....or something similar so the fain wont be $240 might be $260 or more

#11 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:13 PM

yeh...

that's what i figure too...

i'm just gonna head into the RTA and book the next available test (even if i can do it on the spot)

Yeah,

You will have about 42 days to pay the fine, so plenty of time.

#12 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:13 PM

The breather might be needed dude. Take some time to consider what your doing behind the wheel. Think of it like this. The speed limit isn't there to stop you crashing into others. It's there to stop people crashing into you, when you don't give them enough time to suss out whats going on. There's lots of things that are out of your control man.
TSM

#13 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

yeah u have smoething to loose...and that is MORE MONEY... coz everytime it passes the time you have to pay for it they slug u with intrest.....or something similar so the fain wont be $240 might be $260 or more

Still has 21 days before they send a reminder, then another 21 before they do anything..

At least thats what it was when i lost mine last year, and when i got fined for not indicating out of a roundabout a few months ago.

#14 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

isn't that only if he doesnt pay the fine within the time period?

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#15 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

nope they do it when they send out the reminder, well with parking fines, so im assuming they do with speeding as well..21 days is all you have after that they send out reminder and increase it by 10 dollars everytime i think if not more like an admin fee..Scooby-Gt would know this for sure...

#16 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

The breather might be needed dude.
Take some time to consider what your doing behind the wheel. Think of it like this. The speed limit isn't there to stop you crashing into others. It's there to stop people crashing into you, when you don't give them enough time to suss out whats going on.

There's lots of things that are out of your control man.

thanks mum...

i'll keep that in mind...

i know i can drive a little fast at times, but i don't think the way i drive is ever unsafe. if there is traffic i don't zoom ahead of it or weave in and out of it...

i just struggle with the whole 'same speed limit regardless of the time of day'

does a straight bit of 3 lane road need a 60kph speed limit at 2am??

i wouldn't think so...

variable speed limits ftw...!

2mmwi1w.jpg

#17 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:22 PM

nope they do it when they send out the reminder, well with parking fines, so im assuming they do with speeding as well..21 days is all you have after that they send out reminder and increase it by 10 dollars everytime i think if not more like an admin fee..Scooby-Gt would know this for sure...

Fair enough,

They didnt increase it when I didnt pay either of my fines within the 21 days.

But maybe I was just lucky.

#18 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

thanks mum...

i'll keep that in mind...

i know i can drive a little fast at times, but i don't think the way i drive is ever unsafe. if there is traffic i don't zoom ahead of it or weave in and out of it...

i just struggle with the whole 'same speed limit regardless of the time of day'

does a straight bit of 3 lane road need a 60kph speed limit at 2am??

i wouldn't think so...

variable speed limits ftw...!

Without knowing the road your talking about its hard to comment.
But being 60km/h would suggest there is residential areas around, wild life hazards and/or the road isn't capable of safely sustaining higher speeds.
I know they make some ridiculous laws. But generally their all there for a reason. It's not hard to stick the cruise on 60km/h and just go easy man.
TSM

#19 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

Fair enough,

They didnt increase it when I didnt pay either of my fines within the 21 days.

But maybe I was just lucky.

id say so. but i know when i didnt pay my parking fine it went up by $10, thats just plain theft i say

#20 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:35 PM

Farkin oath Jovan. I hate parking cops, is it a prerequisite to be a total wanker in order to get those jobs?
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users