speeding fine

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

Farkin oath Jovan.
I hate parking cops, is it a prerequisite to be a total wanker in order to get those jobs?

yeah coz the f**ken things arent cheap....$198 was my last parking fine in the city....and the parking rangers are wankers, im supprised people arent bashing them on the street when they see the f**kers...

#22 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

id say so. but i know when i didnt pay my parking fine it went up by $10, thats just plain theft i say

I agree with you there..

Farkin oath Jovan.
I hate parking cops, is it a prerequisite to be a total wanker in order to get those jobs?

I knew a parking cop who was nice...

but seriously. i wouldnt do it.

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#23 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

How can they justify charging you $200 for parking in the wrong spot, and then only charging $150 for speeding, which puts your life, and every other road users life at risk? They need a f*cking reality check.
TSM

#24 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

How can they justify charging you $200 for parking in the wrong spot, and then only charging $150 for speeding, which puts your life, and every other road users life at risk?
They need a f*cking reality check.

Its not the parking cops though, they are just doing a job.

Its the people who make these f**ked rules/fines and what not who need the reality check.

Or is that what you were implying paul?

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#25 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

very true soop...very true

#26 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

Its not the parking cops though, they are just doing a job.

Its the people who make these f**ked rules/fines and what not who need the reality check.

Or is that what you were implying paul?

To an extent man.
But like actual cops. They still make a judgment call. I mean, if your 25 seconds late getting back to a meter, why can't they just say "Ahh, oh well. I'll let you off for now. But the car better be gone asap."

Instead most of them are on massive f*cking power trips (as are most of the boys in blue.) and have to show how big their d**k is by giving you a fine.
All the money that gets taken from the public via fines and taxes, how much of it goes back into the infrastructure?
The roads are still shit, and we keep getting retarded laws past to save retards from their owns stupidity.
Why can't they use some of this money to provide motoring education (to help deter people from speeding/killing people.) and to fix the farking roads.

But wait, if they educated people, that would mean less money for government piss up's...
TSM

#27 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:38 AM

Without knowing the road your talking about its hard to comment.
But being 60km/h would suggest there is residential areas around, wild life hazards and/or the road isn't capable of safely sustaining higher speeds.
I know they make some ridiculous laws. But generally their all there for a reason. It's not hard to stick the cruise on 60km/h and just go easy man.

take the pacific highway for example... between hornsby and the city it's all 60 (afaik)... there are sections where it's long, straight, has a fenced off railway on one side (so no pedestrian or wildlife risk) and still is only 60....

i know it's not hard to put the cruise on... and most of the time i do...

i just need to be more wary of those times when i've had a shit day and just want to get home or if i'm trying to keep up with traffic when there is no need to (as most traffic does 80 down the pac hw after 10ish)

or, in this case, cruising with hugh and giving it the occasional squirt over the limit... (naughty i know)

oh well... lesson learnt...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#28 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

Tristan... Naughty. If you can get away with it, good on you. However, don't take it for granted. Without meaning to sound like a prick, you probably deserve to lose your licence. The best lessons learned are the hardest.

#29 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:10 AM

id say so. but i know when i didnt pay my parking fine it went up by $10, thats just plain theft i say

It must not have been with the state debt recovery office then, because what you have said is completely inaccurate.

Generally for a fine, you are issued the actual fine itself and a due date of when it is supposed to be paid. If you do not pay it by that date, the fine is then forwarded on to the SDRO who sends you a penalty reminder notice. This reminder notice is for the same amount that the fine originally was. If you do not pay that, then you receive an Enforcement order with an additional $50. If you do not pay that, SDRO instruct the RTA to suspend your registration / license.

It is all detailed here.

#30 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:16 AM

Hey dude, back when I was a P-Plater I was nabbed on a country road (100 Zone) Doing 107, so 17 over being a red P-plater, copper put me for 15 and under and actually told me not to pay the fine until after I had gone and got my green P's (he was able to see that I could go for them soon) he also said that I would get a reminder in the mail, then to ignore that one and I would get a second reminder giving me a further 21 days which would give me enough time to hopefully get my green P's. This worked for me :D I do think that speed limits are there for a reason, but you do see (not that often but sometimes) that roads and surrounding area's are at times changed but the speed limits remain low even when there is no reason for it, its annoying. Just try and be good from now on :D I am. As far as parking cops go... I know it is easy to hate them very very farking easy to hate them but a copper friend of mine introduced me to a parking cop who was seriously a champion he just has a job to do like anyone else. Although I have seen a lot of the powertripping cowboys out there who will book you for 10 seconds over, they can get f**ked :D

#31 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

Fine free for 8 years now. :D Sucks to be you atm, hopefully you dont have to walk. My wife just got a small speeding fine, first in 6 years and she wrote a letter and the let her off. Nice. :)

OEM+

#32 3p!demiC

3p!demiC

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

i now offically only have one point left. no speeding for a few more years <_<
1992 Subaru Liberty GX

the taste of semen is complex and dynamic

Posted Image

#33 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

Tristan, try convince one of your parents to take the wrap for it. Do their lawns, clean their gutters or something for them. And just out of curiocity - how'd you not see the camera on that road? I don't mean to put you down or anything, but that camera has been there for years and its hard to miss with all the signs leading up to it.... And I agree - variable speed limits FTW! ~ shiv

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#34 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:16 AM

This is ridiculous. You guys have had your licence for 2 seconds and both of you are on the verge of losing it. How the hell did you manage that? In 15 years of having my licence I have never been anywhere close to losing it and I wouldn't say that I've been overly cautious about sticking to speed limits 100% of the time. Time to wake up lads!

#35 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

If you get your green p's then pay the fine you will be fine. but you might BOTH lose your license for 3 months. it sucks enjoy public transport. if you dont get your greens tristan, you could lose them for 6 months.
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#36 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

I enjoy public transport and still have a full license and working B4 :D so don't feel too bad about it lads...

#37 3p!demiC

3p!demiC

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

If you get your green p's then pay the fine you will be fine. but you might BOTH lose your license for 3 months.

it sucks enjoy public transport.

if you dont get your greens tristan, you could lose them for 6 months.

I have my greens so im not gonna lose my licence.

I have no car atm so i already thoroughly enjoy public transport!

I got a $81 fine for 15kmh and under. Under 30kmh is $240 ouch... and 3months (minimum!) is a long time
1992 Subaru Liberty GX

the taste of semen is complex and dynamic

Posted Image

#38 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

read the RTA shit again ANYSPEEDING FINE = automatic suspension for MINIMAL 3months. on ANY provisional plate.
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#39 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

and im pretty sure that counts even if its a fixed camera... esp if the car is registerd to you... id say prepare for the worst!

#40 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

They must have changed it again, it used to be just the P1 license.
TSM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users