Any progress?

#22 Bruce

Bruce

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

To be honest it has gotten worse in terms of a NRMA perspective. Got a call from my smash repairer letting me know that nrma came down and told him they will not fix the car.

Because of the chassis damage they said the car is deemed to be unsafe and they will not even fix the accident damage. My arguement and the smash repairer is that if it is unsafe how has been passed rego twice?

Also i got it assesed for the accident damage at their center and if the car was supposedly unsafe, it should of never left the assesment center. When i got it assesed they told they can fix the accident damage and then think about the chassis damage.

I had to get a request for quote sent from NRMA to my smash repairing allowing him to repair the car, but now i am getting told he can't. My smash repairer said nrma will just give me a cheque for $1400 and leave it at that.

So now i have to go back to nrma again and work out what the hell i am going to do.

#23 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Being realistc, How much money can be made from parting out all parts that can be sold? you've essentially got a halfcut? how much do they go for? as I suppose you've considered cutting your loses and running?

Shit situation is shit.

#24 Bruce

Bruce

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

That is what i am going to have to do. Since no other smash repairer will be allowed to fix just the accident damage.

Pretty much 3/4 of the car is usable apart from the front end. All interior pieces, brakes, suspension, body panels etc are in good condition.

NRMA is going to re asses my car again and give me a cash settlement for the accident damage(around $1400) So looks like will be selling off all my parts here as well

Learnt a valuable lesson though and get a car throughouly inspected by a proffesional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users