30 replies to this topic

#21 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

How much power gain do you reckon for my RS? Aprox cost of nylon tube? Could I tune it myself??

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#22 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

I think you may need a fuel pump and injectors too, not 100% sure on that one though.

Posted Image

#23 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

doubt you would get much more HP (well maybe a small bit), but people tend to get extra Tq due to being able to tweak timing etc.

for a suby, iirc, you need to change the fuel pump. maybe the lines too. Can't recall

You may need to change injectors depending on your existing tune. You need ~1.6x the amount of fuel.

Stuff goes here

#24 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

:( http://au.news.yahoo...en-fuel-holden/

Stuff goes here

#25 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Sooo, what would be the affects if someones Mum or GF filled the car up with this on a stock car?

I too am out of the loop but is this going to have people thinking oooooh thats cheap!
then 5 mins down the road splut splut splut.. stall and RACV needs to be called or is it more.. keep going long term and it will ruin seals n stuff and you will have shit power without a tune?
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#26 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Ueah it'll fcuk more cars than e10. I don't think im too keen on the switch, maybe if i was rebuilding engine.

#27 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

My mates Evo 7 makes 212ish kw on 98PULP and 240ish kw on e85.

It uses more e85 then PULP but the price difference equals it out. Last i spoke to him he said he hasn't bothered putting 98 PULP back in his car.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#28 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

evo and nissans seem to love the stuff (as do the xr6's)

Stuff goes here

#29 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

If your after big power then It's bigger injectors like ID 1000's and at least a bosch pump like an 044 ect.. minimum, but there's plenty just wanting a more milder power level and are getting away with sti injectors and a walbro pump and you will certainly need a retune for e85, as for nylon lines I'm running teflon lines from my twin 044 pumps all the way to the fuel rails but thats only coz I was in the middle of a big build and figure may as well will I'm at it lol

But from what I've been reading there's guys that have been driving around with e85 and factory stock fuel lines for more than 12 months and no issues at all ;-)
So problem is if you want to still run 98 unleaded on a separate map not so easy, that's why I just run united e85 only as I'm in Victoria and there's enough servos around now for me to not get stranded any more.

cheers

#30 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Do those testers just separate the fuel by leaving it for a while? Than show the percentage of ethanol?

Yup just follow the noob directions with the tester as I did and it gives you a reading of what percentage of ethanol is in the batch you just got out of that particular pump, so i'll be doing this for a while to get a good idea of the main place I get my e85 from 5min from home ;-) and when winter comes around I'll test then to see if It's changed

cheers

#31 wraithrslib

wraithrslib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

How much power gain do you reckon for my RS? Aprox cost of nylon tube? Could I tune it myself??

Cost of teflon line you would just need to ring around and get a comparison of prices from efi shops maybe speed pro ect.. or if you have a regular tuner mechanic he may get it cheaper for you I think the most I was quoted was about 80 bucks a metre, I think I end up getting it for less than 50 per meter, but modern fuel lines are fine If you want to save cash

As for power gains well I recon the most important gain is e85's ability to cool the cylinders so that way very hard to get detonation! and then allows for more timing and of course boost ;-)
But usually minimum gains on e85 seem to be around 20kw atw and best cases I've seem around 30kw atw a lot of that depends on the set up
as for tuning it your self If you can do as good a tune as your tuner then go for It ;-)

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users