55 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

So anyone else doing it? I wouldn't count on it but you never know 2 exams down 4 to go :drinks:

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#2 DY028

DY028

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Sure am! how'd you find english today? also hello forum...

#3 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

also hello forum...

(not a thread hijack)

Hi! Post an introduction thread with pics of your (presumedly) Subaru!

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#4 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hai, good luck. I'll wait until you've done them, then tell you how much of a waste it was :).
TSM

#5 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

English exam was pretty good, our instuctor peoples put up 11am not 11:30 so at like 10:50 i was rushing section 3...then at like 10:55 they changed it to 11:30 so i stuffed my intro up...not that the rest was much better haha i had metals n engineering too it was good only 3 people haha. Not looking foraward to maths n physics though. You been doing much study?

#6 DY028

DY028

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Haha devo bout your supervisors! Yesterday in business studies i had a pair of them no joke 3 metres away having a full on conversation. it was about the guys subaru and i was pretty much done so i didnt say anything, but inconsiderate much! to be honest i have done next to no study (like 2 hours of crammage the night before), im not too worried as im not getting a UAI and dont really need the certificate for what i wanna do anyway. when do yours finish, my last one is on the 12th i think. industrial tech!

#7 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

Best of luck to you guys. I didn't have the best time during my HSC but then again I did zero study for it hahaha. Ahh.

#8 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

Yeah i did like an hour study cram, like you said im not real worried, its the certifcate not the UAI thats gonna get me somwhere, i just found some related texts and used my imagination. I know people who have been doing like 4+hrs a day its crazy, but each to their own. my last exam is physics on the 4th, got like 2 next week and 1 week after then 1 weekafter maybe...i dunno i cant remeber haha Thanks Dylan :)

#9 DY028

DY028

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

studying is overrated... if you learned properly in class there would be no need to study... shame i didnt do that either... haha.

#10 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

24 years ago. If you think the HSC is hard then real life is going to be a shock.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#11 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

I dont think it's hard...just anoying and time consuming

#12 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

I've got the joy of doing it next year :(. I think I have 1 or 2 exams...........could be in for a shock though haha. Gonna be a farkin stressful year for me as i just cruise through the days and do shit all homework........probably should put some effort in but hey 4 weeks left till my two and half month break.

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#13 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

I'v i just cruise through the days and do shit all homework........probably should put some effort in

Yeah thats what it was like for me, i said that each week to hehehe

#14 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

75% UAI with not a day of studying, still turned out to be an auto electrician and no one asked for my HSC, agreeing with soop which is rare its a waste of time...

#15 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

75% UAI with not a day of studying, still turned out to be an auto electrician and no one asked for my HSC, agreeing with soop which is rare its a waste of time...

Thats the kinda area i wanna head in maybe more domestic sparky work tho, and i recon having a HSC puts you up higher then someone with just say a SC (school certificate yr10)

I'm with you and Soop to a degree, get a trade and your all set, but not everyone wants to get their hand dirty or a lil sweat...

#16 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

Thats the kinda area i wanna head in maybe more domestic sparky work tho, and i recon having a HSC puts you up higher then someone with just say a SC (school certificate yr10)

I'm with you and Soop to a degree, get a trade and your all set, but not everyone wants to get their hand dirty or a lil sweat...

you will see. Noone asks for the HSC once you apply for a trade or anything similar unless u wanna further your studies and even then its not asked for

#17 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

also hello forum...

daniel, finally made it huh???

how's it goin man?

I know people who have been doing like 4+hrs a day its crazy, but each to their own.

my ex does 8 hours a day and has written so many pages of notes that she's gone through 4 ballpoint pens (that's a f**kload of pages)

my sisters (well, my sister and her friend who lives with us [adopted sister]) are being forced to do 3 per day by the rents

i, on the other hand, did about 3 parts of fcuk all study when i did my HSC... i just didn't care anymore

i'm living proof that you don't even need a good UAI to go to uni or get a 'non-dirty hands' kind of job...

Software Design and Development: 78
Information Processes and Technology: 78
English: 76
Physics: 70
2u Maths: 63 (teacher left halfway through the year so we had subs for 6 months... which = no work)

UAI: 63.30 (wtf..?)

and even if i did drop out... i still got into the uni course that i wanted (B Computer Science and Games Technology), which needed a 76 UAI to get in...

and now i work in IT, no one has asked me what my UAI was for over 18 months and i have a whole bunch of doors opened for me by the position i've got.

the old phrase "it's not what you know, it's who you know" rings very true when you are searching for a career.

2mmwi1w.jpg

#18 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

70 in physics fuuuuck im gonna be lucky to get 7! Our class got cut down so we lost a lesson, then tafe (tvet) was on on another lesson, but meh cert2 in metals and engineering (fitting and machining) and cert1 in electrotechnolgy should get me further then a good mark in physics ever will :lol:

#19 DY028

DY028

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

daniel, finally made it huh???

how's it goin man?

my ex does 8 hours a day and has written so many pages of notes that she's gone through 4 ballpoint pens (that's a f**kload of pages)

my sisters (well, my sister and her friend who lives with us [adopted sister]) are being forced to do 3 per day by the rents

i, on the other hand, did about 3 parts of fcuk all study when i did my HSC... i just didn't care anymore

i'm living proof that you don't even need a good UAI to go to uni or get a 'non-dirty hands' kind of job...

Software Design and Development: 78
Information Processes and Technology: 78
English: 76
Physics: 70
2u Maths: 63 (teacher left halfway through the year so we had subs for 6 months... which = no work)

UAI: 63.30 (wtf..?)

and even if i did drop out... i still got into the uni course that i wanted (B Computer Science and Games Technology), which needed a 76 UAI to get in...

and now i work in IT, no one has asked me what my UAI was for over 18 months and i have a whole bunch of doors opened for me by the position i've got.

the old phrase "it's not what you know, it's who you know" rings very true when you are searching for a career.

Yep im here... haha. im doin alright, been pretty busy lately thinking about studying. so i figured wasting time n the interwebz machine was not a good idea.

Your ex in in my english class. and those 4 ballpoint pens are the difference between like 2nd and 5th last.

Yay for getting qualifications whilst still in school, i got a cert3 in live production (technical operations), hopefully wont be to hard to find a job once im back from schoolies!

#20 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

Seriously. Listen to all of you moan and groan. Like a pack of little school girls. I did mine 9 years ago. Yeah it wasn't fun, but it got me my degree. And my degree got me my post graduate studies. And my post graduate studies got me my brembos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users